Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

if thats the case id prefer it cancelled tbh
    Cancel the festival

That's more like it. We're getting back to our music snob ways. Nature is healing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

It does look a bit like that. If they were confident enough that a 3 week delay will mean it goes ahead, then they'd release a line up (which they may do over the next few weeks).

It's them covering the holes for insurance purposes (imo), and genuinely doing whatever they can to make it happen.

Imagine it went ahead ! my liver just groaned..

and 3 weeks seems relatively arbitrary tbh. probably a case of we tried as you said

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can see tent heaters having a boom before the Picnic in Ireland. :)https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heaters-Tents/s?k=Heaters+for+Tents

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

We're getting back to our music snob ways.

im normally very much a live and let live person with acts

however, picture this, gavin james & dermot kennedy can all f..k right off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bizarre timing if it is indeed a face-saving exercise. On the back of discussions with government and a wedge of funding? You'd have to think they've made this announcement on the back of a tentative thumbs up fro Catherine Martin et al? No?

And Everlast, the absolute cheek of you casting doubt on a positive EP story! Get with the programme!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Bizarre timing if it is indeed a face-saving exercise. On the back of discussions with government and a wedge of funding? You'd have to think they've made this announcement on the back of a tentative thumbs up fro Catherine Martin et al? No?

And Everlast, the absolute cheek of you casting doubt on a positive EP story! Get with the programme!

I'll walk amongst the teenagers so I can catch a boot or two for my malfeasance

showpony1 wrote: »
    David Guetta playing Isle of White 17th Sept,
    I think we would all agree would fit nicely in the Saturday night dance slot.

This guy should be a stand up comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭endainoz

All we need now is some local counselors to try get the licence rejected, there have been a few examples of it but obviously these are very different circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    No, the original link was the full planning application. I only skimmed it, said I'd come back to it but it was gone in a flash.

is this it?

https://laois.ie/wp-content/uploads/EP-EMP-02.06.21-Inc-Appendices.pdf

showpony1 wrote: »
    David Guetta playing Isle of White 17th Sept,
    I think we would all agree among us all there is one person who thinks that would fit nicely in the Saturday night dance slot.

FTFY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    (Braces onself for a kicking)..

They could be saying this in the knowledge it may never happen, to be then in a position to say "folks, we tried our best" and garner kudos from us all for trying...

Trues, nowt happening with out planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

Lads my boss is in the office so I've just catching up here.

Just want to say I love you all x

(Also booked off the required dates)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Script can fcuk off too, please, although marginally better than Gavin James, Picture This and Walking On Cars.

An interesting read, new area called "fishtown" in the forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

If it's Picture This, Messrs James & Kennedy, and acts doing terrible versions of Cranberries songs then I'm out.

I'm still interested to see what the line up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

endainoz wrote: »
    An interesting read, new area called "fishtown" in the forest.

That fishtown is a new area that's being curated by Jerry Fish.
    I think it's going to be down where the burlesque circus thing was in 2019, past the new cuban village thing. He posted about it at the time. I think his own place was due to move too, but not 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

What news of Aphex-Twinville? Radioheadshack?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

sweet jesus we even have a site map.....i am unable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    What news of ALPHAville? R-DERIVATION?

iI'd reckon there's as much chance if it happening and either of those appearing as Thom Yorke appearing and doing a half hour set of mother in law jokes in the comedy tent.

rubick wrote: »
    What news of Aphex-Twinville? Radioheadshack?

Don't get me started Rubick, have never seen the thread as lively as this in a long time. Aphex Twin would be a perfect head scruncher for a late night gig at the Electric Arena, please don't put him on the main stage, his lasers don't really work well in the outdoor stages, they work better in indoor structures like the one at Field Day in 2017. Aphex's last ten minutes at RockNess festival in 2010, Gabba!!! Yean Man. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

EP on 24-26th September. Delighted with that news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Email just in from Ticketmaster about the date change

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

go on ye boy ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

iI'd reckon there's as much chance if it happening and either of those appearing as Thom Yorke appearing and doing a half hour set of mother in law jokes in the comedy tent.

Just tell us the sleeps Scruff :D:D:D

emo72 wrote: »
    Live streaming concerts have to be the most pointless thing ever. You may as well watch top of the pops. Absolute cretins if they think this is any substitute for live music. And that concert in iveagh gardens last week? **** off, they can keep it. Give us a shout when proper concerts start back. Jokers.

You're living up to your name.

I know we are all excited and that .. but it sure is a long way to go before this gets the thumbs up from Laois CoCo and more importantly our overlords in Kildare Street.

Its nice hearing people give out about awful Irish pop acts, luckily there will be many many other options to see different acts. I'm keeping expectations low to be honest, wont get proper excited until/if the licence gets granted. I can see a decision coming fairly quickly though, time is a factor here. Lots of local radio ranting to come ahead no doubt.

• Advertisement

If it goes ahead, it will be f.ucking baltic at night.

It's not like we don't have the clothing.

Advertisement