Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If it's worth doing, do it right!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Congratulations on buying the house, some odds on buying it from another Irish couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Congrats on the new house. Great to see the consistency back in your runnning recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Congrats on the new gaffe B!

I heard a certain dub had already called dibs on a bedroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Congrats on the new gaffe B!

I heard a certain dub had already called dibs on a bedroom!

We’ll give him the dogs house when he comes over J!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Very best of luck with your new home B :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Congrats on the new house B!!! The Netherlands is the second place on my list to travel after I visit my Brother & kids in the states. Can't wait to catch up in person, hopefully before the year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ah, that's great news, Barry. Congrats to ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Great news on the new gaff. All the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Congrats to you and the family on your new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

That's a statement of intent there. Remember your Irish allegiances when the young lad starts making waves on the Dutch national scene. Warm wishes to you in your new teach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Nice one Barry - congrats and heres hoping it soon fells like a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

New house!! That's fantastic, a very exciting time. Glad to hear things are going well and hope you and the whole family settle in there well!

Monday 12.4.21

7.70miles GA@8.22min/miles in 64mins 27secs

Day off work & got out mid-afternoon to a dry but windy day in Den Haag. Headed for Kijkduin through suburbia before reaching Ockenburgh and skirting around the golf course.

Turned around shortly after and on through Kijkduin, the old seaside village has been completely flattened sadly soon making way for new blocks of high rise apartments!! The wind was in my face the whole way home, a pain but didn’t take from the enjoyment of the run.

Tuesday 13.4.21

9.75miles Easy@8.25min/miles in 1hr 22mins 13secs

Out after work for this and was joined by a workmate, he’s ex Romanian Special Forces and makes AMK look a cert for plastic surgery plus this guys tan doesn’t come out of a bottle. He has a 1.35 Half PB so no slouch at the running.

I let him dictate the pace as we headed up towards Pompstationweg and on over the Col de Scheveningen before turning around and retracing our steps. My friend tired a little over the last few km but seeing it was his longest run in 12 months he done well for a man who CrossFit is his first exercise of choice. Plenty of chat about all things Irish & Romanian.

Wednesday 14.4.21

Enforced Rest Day, I was working a late early again(6.45am start rather than 5.45am). Got home and was about to change when herself told our wee one to hurry as they were going to miss the bus to swimming. Knew herself was tired when I heard this so canned the run and cycled the wee lady to her swimming lesson. Got home made dinner & let herself have an early night. Family is more important than running.

Thursday 15.4.21

8.45miles GA@8.14min/miles in 69mins 39secs

Again a late early at work and a similar route to Monday with some added on. Wearing a new pair of Infinity Reacts on this and while soft and responsive I thought they felt a tad heavy on my first experience with them. I never fall in love with a pair of runners on a first run anyway.

Friday 16.4.21

15.15miles GA@8.08min/miles in 2hr 3mins 21secs

Woke to a beautiful sunny Dutch morning, had some coffee with herself before heading out. I had in my head all week to run to Ter Heijde and back and that’s what I done. Locked onto a pace soon enough and stuck to it the whole way, the most my mile splits deviated up or down was 3secs!!

I paused at Ter Heijde for a few minutes and took in the crystal clear view out across the North Sea, the view to Hoek Van Holland was that good I could make out the colours of the various size ships coming and going. The wind was in my face the whole of the return journey but that done nothing to dampen my enthusiasm, wonderful to able to run in such glorious surroundings. Oh and the Infinity Reacts were much more comfortable on their second run out.

Saturday 17.4.21

Rest Day, 5.45am to 6.45pm day shift. Went for an early night!!

Sunday 18.4.21

Rest Day, I had hoped to do a short recovery run but when your daughter says she missed you all weekend and could we snuggle together there’s only one winner there!!

41.05 miles for my week off 4 runs which is a little bit much on the daily average at the moment but I got the goal of 40 miles in. Many many thanks for the well wishes on the house guys, I’ll say it again, there’s a wonderful little community here on A/R and it’s a huge pleasure to be part of it.

Best of luck with those running the Anniversary 5k TT over the weekend, give it hell guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I'd say ya hardly noticed the miles passing listening to old Romanian Special Forces stories.

I'd say ya hardly noticed the miles passing listening to old Romanian Special Forces stories.

He was more interested in hearing stories about a Drunken Irish Garda!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Finally some love for the Infinity reacts!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OOnegative wrote: »

You still not figured out how to use youtube tags?

adrian522 wrote: »
    You still not figured out how to use youtube tags?

Nope, old school I am!!!!

Anyone interested in a run in the Phoenix Park the morning of the 25th of July?

• Advertisement

I think that might just be a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I'll be there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

I'd be innerested. :)

Does the invite include a post run coffee (for anyone to slow to run with ye!)? That'd be a train journey worth taking...

Does the invite include a post run coffee (for anyone to slow to run with ye!)? That'd be a train journey worth taking...

You can organise the catering if you’re coming, that’s really more a ladies thing to do!!!!!

You can organise the catering if you’re coming, that’s really more a ladies thing to do!!!!!

are you calling her a lady?

She LOVES that phrase A!!

She LOVES that phrase A!!

Right now I'm more offended by the order to organise the catering!!!! Fecker :pac:

Right now I'm more offended by the order to organise the catering!!!! Fecker :pac:

Good girl, you’re more than capable!!!!

• Advertisement

Good girl, you’re more than capable!!!!

Aw thanks B, that means so much.....! I'll make sure to stay up all night baking, do let me know if your allergic to anything, please, do....:pac:

Advertisement