Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Buffman

Might be a stupid question but which is better? I'd only be using 4g.

They seem to be comparable enough spec wise, I'd prefer the 128GB Note 9 over the 64GB Note 10 as I'm not too worried about 5G either.

Moyglish wrote: »
    Thanks for that, great deal.

I'm trying to order it now, as a new customer switching to Vodafone but it still shows as €199 for me and I have to buy a €20 top up - is this happening anyone else?

It's working ok for me, Click 'No' for Vodafone customer and 'Keep my number', pick any call plan and go to basket, phone is €99.99 and no need to buy €20 credit.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L bottles or bigger to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just got it working there, Buffman, cheers, thanks for posting, wouldn't have known of this otherwise.

I've just put an order through and received a confirmation email with order number.

I used a 48 SIM to port over - are they still cancelling orders made with 48 numbers?

Moyglish wrote: »
    I used a 48 SIM to port over - are they still cancelling orders made with 48 numbers?

It seems to be hit and miss, the T&C's say only Tesco and Lyca are not accepted. I used 48 successfully a few weeks ago and others in this thread have also.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Buffman wrote: »
    They seem to be comparable enough spec wise, I'd prefer the 128GB Note 9 over the 64GB Note 10 as I'm not too worried about 5G either.

Just seen that the 10 doesn't have NFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

midnight grey, no idea which i picked when ordering. No need to top up in store by 20.

€99 is a steal. Thanks again OP.
    Andrea B. wrote: »
    What colour:confused:

• Advertisement

Just seen that the 10 doesn't have NFC.

It's market dependent on GSM Arena specs, VF site is usless for spec.

The Note 9 was the same and it came with NFC so hopefully the Note 10G does, but I can't confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Thanks op, just ordered successfully with a 48 sim. Hopefully they don't cancel.

Edit-got the dispatch email this morning.

I ordered with a 48 SIM last night - order dispatched this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Anybody else find the sound over Bluetooth is very low, hard to hear people on a hands free for instance? One suggestion I saw was to change the region but that made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Offer on the Note 9 seems to be gone!

Now showing Note 10 5G for 99.99 if you switch, only 64GB flash though

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html?gallery=payg

Is it likely to be unlocked?

• Advertisement

theShire wrote: »
    Offer on the Note 9 seems to be gone!

Now showing Note 10 5G for 99.99 if you switch, only 64GB flash though

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html?gallery=payg

Is it likely to be unlocked?

I got the 10 delivered this morning. Metallic grey, 128 gig and 4 ram, and yes it's unlocked. Bargain of the year, thanks again op.

I got the 10 delivered this morning. Metallic grey, 128 gig and 4 ram, and yes it's unlocked. Bargain of the year, thanks again op.

Which model, thought the Note 10 was only 64GB?

theShire wrote: »
    Which model, thought the Note 10 was only 64GB?

Redmi Note 10 5g. Model no. M2103K19G.

IMG-20210605-191736.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Has it got NFC?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Did you get the free watch as well thanks

rahern wrote: »
    Did you get the free watch as well thanks

No, didn't know there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

No, didn't know there was one.

Ya just a mi band 6 watch supposed to free too

I briefly considered contacting them, but do ya know what, I'd never use it, I prefer a good automatic watch. I'm happy with the 128gb version so I think I'll leave well enough alone.

I ordered the Redmi Note 10 on Thursday and have just received it today.

No sign of the Smart Band with it.

Contacted Vodafone, at first they didn't know anything about the offer. Sent me T&C's for it. Then they went to look for a link to claim for it (I think Vodafone UK are running a similar offer and you have to claim for it after you purchase the phone and have it sent separately after you provide proof of purchase within the promotional period) now they're saying it's out of stock

The offer only went live on Thursday and I ordered the same day. According to T&C's there were 200 in stock.

I'm finding it hard to believe that all 200 sold out on Thursday, the day the offer launched.

I don't believe them as they seemed very unsure and uncertain of the offer so I think saying "they're out of stock" is a handy way out for them.

Has anyone here received the Mi Band, and if so, what day did you order?

• Advertisement

I contacted them on chat about the watch, and was told that I'll get a link sent to my new number 2 weeks after ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I bought one on Friday, and just logged in to check the order stage and they cancelled it. No email or contact😀. Was supposed to be a birthday present for Thursday.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I bought one on Friday, and just logged in to check the order stage and they cancelled it. No email or contact😀. Was supposed to be a birthday present for Thursday.

What network were you porting from? Was it 48/Lyca?
    Was it a temporary/throw-away SIM? Was it activated?

I've been unable to order the Note 9 or Note 10 using a 48 SIM that I activated weeks ago, number must be blacklisted as others here have had orders fulfilled

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I bought one on Friday, and just logged in to check the order stage and they cancelled it. No email or contact��. Was supposed to be a birthday present for Thursday.

That has been a common occurrence for orders since the phone was on sale in Dec. Vodafone have form of doing this. Maybe try get the phone in store if its for a present - I wouldn't have banked on it as a gift knowing they cancel orders randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Ordered today with a 48 sim; fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Ordered today with a 48 sim; fingers crossed.

Good luck. Tried twice, neither honoured. Went to a shop today to try again, but they were out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

Ordered last week with 48 SIM and received grey Note 10 128GB today.

Also arrived today, ordered a black 64gb model and a grey 128gb model arrived. No complaints.

Have ordered a second for the other half. Fingers crossed this one comes also.

Anyone have any blowback from Vodafone on this ? Plan on just chucking the Vodafone sim in the bin !

Also arrived today, ordered a black 64gb model and a grey 128gb model arrived. No complaints.

Anyone have any blowback from Vodafone on this ? Plan on just chucking the Vodafone sim in the bin !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

TheSheriff wrote: »

None whatsoever.

Advertisement