Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

gooner99 wrote: »
    I managed to get an order through a few weeks back by....

Using a different browser. I had used chrome first time, edge second time. I'm sure clearing the browser history, etc would have the same effect. Using a different device or incognito mode may also do the trick.

I also rebooted my router (mobile broadband), so as the provider assigned a new IP address to the router. This won't work if your on a static IP. If unsure, try it anyway.

Thanks, latest order was made after being logged into my VF broadband account and was still cancelled.

Have tried different PCs (home/work), different SIMs (48/Lyca), different cards (debit/credit/Bank/Revolut), different emails (mine/wifes/daughters)

Successfully bought one in Feb for wife with no hassle whatsoever, need a new fone for myself now but no luck on ordering this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Buffman

theShire wrote: »

Successfully bought one in Feb for wife with no hassle whatsoever, need a new fone for myself now but no luck on ordering this

I wonder have they flagged your address or something from the previous purchase, if you ported a burner number that was never used they might query it?

Have you tried ordering with click and collect without address?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭feelings

I'm the same theShire. 7 or 8 cancellations. Tried different combinations, email address, names, delivery address, cards but they keep getting cancelled due to technical reasons. No explanation. Ordered one already early this year but cannot seem to get another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Buffman wrote: »
    I wonder have they flagged your address or something from the previous purchase, if you ported a burner number that was never used they might query it?

I got the Hauwei P30Lite on the same deal some time last year when that was on offer. Think I had a spare eir PAYG sim for that. Put this one through on a 48 sim.
    Done it all on the phone, chrome browser. Same postal address for both orders

Must be but their chat haven't been able to tell me what's happening.

Gave it another go 2day and this evening it's showing as cancelled

Might try the click & collect option

• Advertisement

My last attempt is click and collect. Haven't been able to track the order as I get the error "we cannot match the email address you provided with your order." Yet, I received the original order acknowledgement using the same email address. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Is this phone dual sim and 4g.how long did it take to come.

I got one a few weeks ago with click and collect easy enough, took them 15 minutes of messing about in the shop when I was collecting though.
    kala85 wrote: »
    Is this phone dual sim and 4g.how long did it take to come.

Ye, it's dual sim and still a space for memory card, unlocked, 4G, 128GB, & NFC. I ordered click and collect early on a weekday morning and got a text at 17:50 that day telling me it was ready for collection.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

No click & collect in my local store.... balls

No click & collect in my local store.... balls

It's looking like you might have to do it in person in store so and pay for the €20 top up they make you buy.

Last time I had to do this I asked them not to top up the number and was able give the credit to a relative who was on VF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Would love to know why mine keeps getting cancelled..... Doesn't appear to be a stock issue

Strange one alright , my order went through straight away , delivered in 2 days .

It's looking like you might have to do it in person in store so and pay for the €20 top up they make you buy.

Last time I had to do this I asked them not to top up the number and was able give the credit to a relative who was on VF.

Just tried local store, fone in stock but won't allow porting from Tesco, 48 or Lyca

Told them that's not mentioned anywhere in T&C's and they're losing sales and walked out.

Total joke.....

dunnerc wrote: »
    Strange one alright , my order went through straight away , delivered in 2 days .

What network were u porting from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭dunnerc

What network were u porting from?

Ported from a throwaway 48 sim

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I got the Hauwei P30Lite on the same deal some time last year when that was on offer. Think I had a spare eir PAYG sim for that. Put this one through on a 48 sim.
    Done it all on the phone, chrome browser. Same postal address for both orders

What number range is 48 sim are they 083 numbers

dunnerc wrote: »
    Ported from a throwaway 48 sim

It worked fine for me ordering the fone for the wife in February, 48 SIM ported to VF which is still active.

It makes no sense that it works randomly for some 48/Lyca SIMs...

Think I'm gonna have to call it quits on this one... just no luck...

Just tried local store, fone in stock but won't allow porting from Tesco, 48 or Lyca

Told them that's not mentioned anywhere in T&C's and they're losing sales and walked out.

Total joke.....

That's very annoying, they were wrong about 48.

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html
    PAYG Summer Switching Offer 2021 Terms and Conditions

This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligible Customers are customers who switch their mobile number to Vodafone pay as you go from another mobile network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile and Tesco Mobile) between 5th May – 30th June 2021. Eligibility is determined by Vodafone in accordance with these terms and conditions. Vodafone's decision in respect thereof shall be final.
    What number range is 48 sim are they 083 numbers

Is there an option now to pick up the phone store when you buy it over the Internet.

Or can I go into a Vodafone shop with my eir sim and get the phone for 99e or is it only an Internet offer.

yep, you can now select click and collect.
    Is there an option now to pick up the phone store when you buy it over the Internet.

Or can I go into a Vodafone shop with my eir sim and get the phone for 99e or is it only an Internet offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Online order Thursday with 48sim. Arrived today. Ordered black. Received midnight grey/blue.
    Can live with that.

• Advertisement

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Online order Thursday with 48sim. Arrived today. Ordered black. Received midnight grey/blue.
    Can live with that.

Was it a throw away 48 SIM or one that you've been using for a while/registered/topped-up etc..

Was it a throw away 48 SIM or one that you've been using for a while/registered/topped-up etc..

Throw away one.

Throw away one.

Tried order to relatives address/email and order cancelled again....

So it's either the 48 number that's porting in or the payment card causing the problem for me

Tried order to relatives address/email and order cancelled again....

So it's either the 48 number that's porting in or the payment card causing the problem for me
    To clarify, i had activated the 48sim.

To clarify, i had activated the 48sim.

Yep, same here...

Click and collect finally worked. Collected the phone today. Funny the order number I had didn't match the order they had in store. Used a 48 SIM.

feelings wrote: »
    Click and collect finally worked. Collected the phone today. Funny the order number I had didn't match the order they had in store. Used a 48 SIM.

What colour:confused:

Note 9 offer gone off VF site, they now have Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G for €99.99 on switching offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Note 9 offer gone off VF site, they now have Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G for €99.99 on switching offer.

Might be a stupid question but which is better? I'd only be using 4g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks for that, great deal.

I'm trying to order it now, as a new customer switching to Vodafone but it still shows as €199 for me and I have to buy a €20 top up - is this happening anyone else?

Advertisement