Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Platprices shows the sale price and the psplus sale price. Much easier to read compared to psprices

That's weird, only showing regular sale price for me, must look again.

Yupp, only showing base sale price for me. On mobile, maybe that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That's weird, only showing regular sale price for me, must look again.

It doesn't show if on mobile

Dreams is $10 on the US store, that price is expiring today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DTF3T8X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Factor in a little bit less because of VAT and I thought the above was agood price for Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'll get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Stick of truth and Fractured but whole both for sale for less than a tener. amazing games.

Think I preferred stick of truth, played them back to to back and maybe had a little bit of south park fatigue during the second one.
    But the laughs playing the game I cracked up a couple of times.

Not a fan of turn based games usually but I did really enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

coolisin wrote: »
    Think I preferred stick of truth, played them back to to back and maybe had a little bit of south park fatigue during the second one.

Same, it took me a while to warm to the fractured but wholes combat system but once i was ok with it i really liked it. Granted i would rather the stick of truths theme of magic etc to superheroes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

coolisin wrote: »

This is my opinion exactly. I don't like turn based but I loved these. The first one is better than the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hot damn... that's a lot of game for $10.

How well does the VR stuff play on a PS4 Slim?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Like above, don't like turn based, but I managed to finish SoT, but no matter how hard i tried I couldn't get into the revamped lane system in FBW, and as a result I didn't finish it. And I agree, magic was better that superheroes. I'll hold hope for an ARPG one, but can't see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

laneooo wrote: »

Thanks for this. Have been keeping an eye on the price. Currently €40 on psn store.

I can’t remember the last time I bought a physical game. Made an exception here for that price!

Really looking forward to playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This might have been posted already but for some reason the PS5 version of AC Valhalla is 40 quid in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Markitron wrote: »
    This might have been posted already but for some reason the PS5 version of AC Valhalla is 40 quid in Smyths
    Same price in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Are Amazon any use for games in the prime days? Want to pick up COD cold war but was thinking of waiting to see if it's reduced over the few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sidford wrote: »
    Are Amazon any use for games in the prime days? Want to pick up COD cold war but was thinking of waiting to see if it's reduced over the few days

The PS5 version is down to €60 in Smyths if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Empire of Sin is €20 in gamestop. Was in there buying RnC so took a punt on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It was down to €35 2 weeks ago

Ratchet and Clank is £59 on amazon atm, brings it down to a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ratchet and Clank is £59 on amazon atm, brings it down to a reasonable price.

£59 Sterling a bargain for a game is as good a reason as any to not buy into next gen at this point.

Screw that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

£59 Sterling a bargain for a game is as good a reason as any to not buy into next gen at this point.

Screw that

It's out less than a week. So it is a bargain in that regard. And many have said that €70 would be their biting point on the game.

Screw that

This is a weird post. It is out 4 days and is being sold for 10 quid under RRP. Whether you consider it a bargain or not isn’t really the point.

R&C is amazing looking but nothing special to play, I was stunned when I saw it for €80 in Smyths and €85 in Argos.

Why? Is it a Sony thing? Other games on for PS5 are still €55-60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    R&C is amazing looking but nothing special to play, I was stunned when I saw it for €80 in Smyths and €85 in Argos.

Have you played it yet?

Have you played it yet?

Yes. Anyone on the fence I'd say wait till it's €30-40.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Yes. Anyone on the fence I'd say wait till it's €30-40.

How much did you pay for it? Out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

All Sony first party games are now €80 excluding smaller games like Miles Morales which are €50.

This has pushed me to go digital on my US account as games are around €56 if you get a good deal on psn credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have you played it yet?

Anyone on the fence, I'd say buy it at the €70 "bargain" price, trade it in a few weeks for ~€50 - it is hugely worth it. An incredible game.

All Sony first party games are now €80 excluding smaller games like Miles Morales which are €50.

This has pushed me to go digital on my US account as games are around €56 if you get a good deal on psn credit.

I use Canada for that reason. Much much cheaper. It's a kids game but people are so starved for "exclusive PS5 game" that they're telling themselves it's worth it... if you like it fine. In a month it'll be cheaper everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I use Canada for that reason. Much much cheaper. It's a kids game but people are so starved for "exclusive PS5 game" that they're telling themselves it's worth it... if you like it fine. In a month it'll be cheaper everywhere.

Imagine enjoying a kids' game. Some people are so immature.

Advertisement