Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

F1ngers wrote: »
    They stack.
    Just checked and I bought it just there now on ps store.

I'll try it again.
    Maybe i jumped the gun

Edit : Still saying 59.99 on the psstore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Polar101

I had 2 weeks left on my PS+, just extended it with the €44.99 offer and now the next renewal is June 2022. So I can confirm you can stack the subscriptions.

This offer is pretty much the same every year, so you never have to pay the full €59.99 - just renew in June or in December when they always have a PS Plus sale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

Remember to turn off auto-renew for Plus as it will renew at full price even if there is an offer on at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Yes you can definitely stack which is great. I'm now subscribed out to August 2022.

Out of curiosity i went back to see if i could buy it discounted again and it was showing up for me as continuing to August 2023. So i guess you could buy it out indefinitely. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is PS now any good with streaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Depends on your speed
    I’ve 30M on a good day - some games were ok. But some gave me issues - in comparison nvidia streaming used to be really bad too.

For now I just download what I want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I find its perfect all the time if it is connected by wire.
    But on wifi it can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

I thought Telling Lies was terrible. It's a clever concept but incredibly boring. You are just watching videos for hours trying to figure out what is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Taltos wrote: »
    Depends on your speed
    I’ve 30M on a good day - some games were ok. But some gave me issues - in comparison nvidia streaming used to be really bad too.

For now I just download what I want to play.

I'm on 300gb Virgin. The games I want to play can't be downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I'm on 300gb Virgin. The games I want to play can't be downloaded.

30Mb might be fine, 300Mb might not unusable. What's important isn't the speed (above a certain level), it's the ping. Essentially the ping is the amount of time it takes to send and receive a signal, and isn't necessarily tied to your connection speed. Go to speedtest.net and check what it says your ping is, although even this won't tell you what the ping to PS Now servers are.

I'm not sure what you'd need for a good experience on PS Now but generally I think about 50ms or lower is considered a good ping for online gaming so that might be a rough guide. Anything above 100 and you'll probably see noticeable lag.

This is a long way of saying, the only real way to see is to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) for €32 in Argos.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8996745.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

head82 wrote: »
    Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) for €32 in Argos.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8996745.htm

If it drops to €17 I’m all over it :p

OhHiMark wrote: »
    30Mb might be fine, 300Mb might not unusable. What's important isn't the speed (above a certain level), it's the ping. Essentially the ping is the amount of time it takes to send and receive a signal, and isn't necessarily tied to your connection speed. Go to speedtest.net and check what it says your ping is, although even this won't tell you what the ping to PS Now servers are.

I'm not sure what you'd need for a good experience on PS Now but generally I think about 50ms or lower is considered a good ping for online gaming so that might be a rough guide. Anything above 100 and you'll probably see noticeable lag.

This is a long way of saying, the only real way to see is to try it.
    Fortnite or Overwatch never lags and films download in seconds so that should be fine. Just didn't wanna was 50 quid.

Just checked, my ping is 7.

The vanishing of Ethan carter for 2.84 seems like a must as well. Some absolutely brilliant indies in this sale, so many unknowns for me though, sure to be some hidden gems in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Disco Elysium has a bit off ? Wonder if it will come to game pass

Just saw this today, Kingdom come deliverance: royal edition is 10 euro on psn. Going back to 40 on Wednesday. That's a great bargain for so much content. Tough game though, not your regular rpg 'em up.

A glitch made me lose an hour on my previous playthrough and i sold it. For a tenner, would definitely give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Looking for a PS4 controller, will only be used occasionally when my son has a friend over playing with him so doesn't have to be dualshock etc.
    Any bargains out there? Saw this and other ones around the same price but get bad reviews.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement

When does PS Plus go v back to full price does anyone know? On the store on console and it doesn't say.

Also, if a game days sale date until 9th June, is that midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a PS4 controller, will only be used occasionally when my son has a friend over playing with him so doesn't have to be dualshock etc.
    Any bargains out there? Saw this and other ones around the same price but get bad reviews.

Thanks,
    Pa.

I got a very good reviewed 3rd party controller a while ago. For most games it's fine, but for golf games where timing is critical, there's a lag and makes the game unplayable. Never getting 3rd party controllers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    When does PS Plus go v back to full price does anyone know? On the store on console and it doesn't say.

Also, if a game days sale date until 9th June, is that midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night?

Psplus offer ends at 9am on Thursday, days of Play Sale ends at 11.59pm tomorrow. Just look at the product description.
    Also there will be another sale starting tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it some kind of PS Plus special sale? Seems to be a massive difference between sale prices and prices for Plus members. Don;t think I've noticed such big gaps before. Like AC Odyssey is 44.79 sale price and 19.59 for Plus members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it some kind of PS Plus special sale? Seems to be a massive difference between sale prices and prices for Plus members. Don;t think I've noticed such big gaps before. Like AC Odyssey is 44.79 sale price and 19.59 for Plus members.

They usually do a PS Plus Double Discount sale once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »

Double Discounts for PS Plus members

Some really good ps plus prices in that sale. Wouldn't realise just looking at platprices. Psprices shows a much better picture. These seem like great deals.

World war z - 9
    Hitman 2 - 14

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Some really good ps plus prices in that sale. Wouldn't realise just looking at platprices. Psprices shows a much better picture. These seem like great deals.

World war z - 9
    Hitman 2 - 14
    Platprices shows the sale price and the psplus sale price. Much easier to read compared to psprices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Stick of truth and Fractured but whole both for sale for less than a tener. amazing games.

Advertisement