Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭garyskeepers

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Wasn't a Craig David fan obviously...

He should have told them he is giving them 7 days then Walking Away

:eek:

nobody?

I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Craig_David

He should have told them he is giving them 7 days then Walking Away

:eek:

nobody?

I'll get me coat

:) Love it.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Got the mail here too about a 4 euro increase for 250mb BB, Now 64 quid just for broadband, bit of a joke. Be looking for 9 months half price or I'm gone. Much better offers out there with higher speeds.

A few years back at least they made it look like they were doing something to justify it. If you were on 25mb they upgraded it to 50. If you were on 100mb it went to 200 or 250mb.

Now it's nothing, I get told we made big improvements to justify the increase but what improvements am I getting? I'm still on the same speed for years and the only thing I get is a price increase. I'm not seeing anything for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

They didnt offer me half off for any period of time..
    And were happy to put through my cancellation.
    Whats that about I wonder.

Maybe you live in an area where they know you have no decent alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭EarWig

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Maybe you live in an area where they know you have no decent alternative.
    It's a numbers game. If they see their numbers fall, they will offer better deals.

It's a short term problem as VM is about to get squeezed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What are the new prices after this increase. I’m currently in the final months of an offer, was paying half price on the 500mb package but I’m back up to €71 now and now wondering if this package is going up again now? I haven’t had any notification of a price increase yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

jesus that's great isn't it?

Already paying for a Broadband speed which should be a perfect signal all over the house so don't see any reason to pay anything else on top.

Sky supplied 2 free boosters to a mate who recently took their Broadband offer and told them he wasn't happy with the signal upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What are the new prices after this increase. I’m currently in the final months of an offer, was paying half price on the 500mb package but I’m back up to €71 now and now wondering if this package is going up again now? I haven’t had any notification of a price increase yet.

Will be 67 pm for me .....for bloody BB......must be nearing a 100% increase from the days of UPC ....remember the thrill of people getting free increases in speed to 35mb then 50 and so on......no real idea what speed I get now but doubt I actually need anything near it, is it 240mb's who knows but then I read of some others getting 500mb for the same price or less ............new customers get BB/TV the lot for half the price I'm paying.......it's all over the shop their price structure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Used to work for UPC many many moons ago and every price change at the time came with a speed increase as far as I can remember.

Digiweb/Siro just gone live in my area €24.99 a month for 500MB - will be massive competition to Virgin - no clue what their customer care is like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Offered €77 pm for 9m then 92 for 3 for Bb, tv and 360 box.

No more budging, best she can offer??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They didnt offer me half off for any period of time..
    And were happy to put through my cancellation.
    Whats that about I wonder.

Same here. And I know how to play this game, I do it every year. With no exception until last week, I always get the best possible deal out of them that anyone got at the same time. Can't remember what the very best was they offered me, but it was significantly worse than the deal for new customers. I have always got a deal that was better than a deal for new customers.

So I canceled. After being with virgin for 25 years non-stop :eek:

Not sure what to do now, just wait until the end of my cancellation period (around 25th June) and then apply as a new customer? They threatened / tried to blackmail me saying that I could be without broadband for two weeks :(

I remember them telling me on the phone last year that you can qualify again as a new customer after 3 months.
    I wonder what will happen if i sign up as a new customer the day after my current account ends..
    Will it go through or get flagged somewhere?
    I'm going to give it ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Whats the story with getting the 360 box as an upgrade as an existing customer on the full rate? Are there any extra charges?

Does anyone have a categoric answer for how long you must be gone before they will accept an order as a new customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

I'm in the 9th month of my 9-month discount. Tempted to go to Pure but they are offering 60mbs. has anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Phil.x

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Offered €77 pm for 9m then 92 for 3 for Bb, tv and 360 box.

No more budging, best she can offer??

No, there is two more lower stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Eve12345

What’s the best way to contact virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Eve12345 wrote: »
    What’s the best way to contact virgin?

WhatsApp, 0861802267.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Patser

Really surprised I've heard nothing from Virgin regarding 'please stay' offer, contract cancellation is on Thursday.

Meantime Vodafone are coming to install tomorrow, at half the price for the year. Good timing as power button on horizon controls has died

• Advertisement

Patser wrote: »
    Really surprised I've heard nothing from Virgin regarding 'please stay' offer, contract cancellation is on Thursday.

Meantime Vodafone are coming to install tomorrow, at half the price for the year. Good timing as power button on horizon controls has died

€45 a month for a 12 month contract for 500Mbps fibre broadband + 80 channels TV. That sounds like a good deal.

Will you do us a favour and post back here tomorrow after the install with how you find them? If good I'll likely go with them too.

Will do.

So far I've had an email from them to say they'd have an engineer around Monday 14th, a phonecard to confirm this and a text message to confirm confirm!

So they are keeping in contact anyway

EarWig wrote: »
    Does anyone have a categoric answer for how long you must be gone before they will accept an order as a new customer?

Anyone got the answer to this one?
    If there's no wait time, looks as if I'm better off letting the cancellation go through and setting up a new account the day after to get the better price..

Two months wait has been posted before but I'm guessing it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

EarWig wrote: »
    Two months wait has been posted before but I'm guessing it changes.

This was my experience; cancelation processed 5th-6th of March; rang sometime in May & they confirmed if I returned I'd be a new customer.

unkel wrote: »
    €45 a month for a 12 month contract for 500Mbps fibre broadband + 80 channels TV. That sounds like a good deal.

Will you do us a favour and post back here tomorrow after the install with how you find them? If good I'll likely go with them too.

Fwiw:

by 4pm we had heard nothing and Wife had to head out for something. I contacted Vodafone to say no-one would be home, but they were a little lost as to what to do.

at 4:30 got call from engineer to say he was on the way, and was sond about it. Explained he was with KN, so fair enough Vodafone couldn't reach him. He has us rearranged for early Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Voguementol

Ive five months left on a contract which has just gone up to 101. Can i cancel the entire contract? Whats best offer i can expect if i can renegotiate for tv with two room set up broadband and phone.

Ive five months left on a contract which has just gone up to 101. Can i cancel the entire contract?

Yes. They upped the price, which means you can get out of your contract without penalty
    Whats best offer i can expect if i can renegotiate for tv with two room set up broadband and phone.

See above few pages. People have got different deals, but nobody got as good a deal as a new customer gets. Which is disgraceful. I'd been with them for 25 years straight, was always offered a good deal before but not this time. So I was forced to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ive five months left on a contract which has just gone up to 101. Can i cancel the entire contract? Whats best offer i can expect if i can renegotiate for tv with two room set up broadband and phone.

Why would they give you a new offer if you have 5 months left on current one?
    They don't need to offer you anything mid contract and will just let the contract run out and then they might offer you something.
    Always check what's available elsewhere, whether you can get it or not and use that as a base for the next contract renewals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭CoBo55

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Why would they give you a new offer if you have 5 months left on current one?
    They don't need to offer you anything mid contract and will just let the contract run out and then they might offer you something.
    Always check what's available elsewhere, whether you can get it or not and use that as a base for the next contract renewals.

He can cancel because of the ridiculous price increases.

Advertisement