Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Awake
    After a global event wipes out humanity’s ability to sleep, a troubled ex-soldier fights to save her family as society and her mind spiral into chaos.

Fresh, Fried & Crispy: Season 1
    Passionate about food and ready for fun, critic Daym Drops drops in on America’s smokin’ hot spots for the best, freshest takes on fried food.

Tragic Jungle
    To escape an arranged marriage, a woman flees into the depths of the Mayan jungle, where untamed nature merges the human and the supernatural.

Tony Halik. Tu byłem
    This documentary tells the extraordinary life story of Tony Halik, a legendary Polish traveler, journalist and filmmaker.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

peteeeed wrote: »

I thought the first season was dreadful. I would like to think I have a good sense of humour, but couldn't find the comedy in it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazylady1

Kim's Convenience is brilliant. It's hilarious. Laugh out loud funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

crazylady1 wrote: »
    Kim's Convenience is brilliant. It's hilarious. Laugh out loud funny

Unfortunately it's ended, that's the last season, which is a shame but I suppose it's gone on out on a high rather than carrying on and getting stale

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Unfortunately it's ended, that's the last season, which is a shame but I suppose it's gone on out on a high rather than carrying on and getting stale

There's a whole controversy around it ending, and the whole running of the show since day 1. The cast have been speaking out about a lot of it recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There's a whole controversy around it ending, and the whole running of the show since day 1. The cast have been speaking out about a lot of it recently.

Yeah I saw that; accusations of "overtly racist" storylines/scenes that had to be rewritten, lack of diversity on the writing team, amongst others

And yet it's genuinely one of the best shows I've seen in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Found the child actor kind of freaky. Like she was a short 30 year old.

Believe it or not she’s 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

peteeeed wrote: »
    Awake
    After a global event wipes out humanity’s ability to sleep, a troubled ex-soldier fights to save her family as society and her mind spiral into chaos.

Folks,

I've inadvertently done you all a favour and watched this. Now you don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Folks,

I've inadvertently done you all a favour and watched this. Now you don't have to.

That bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    That bad?

Absolutely.
    It's disgraceful.

They mention after two days without sleep brain function slows down. Guessing these lads started writing on day 4.

• Advertisement

Captain Phillips
    Four Somali pirates hijack a cargo ship and hold the captain hostage, setting the stage for an explosive confrontation with the U.S. Navy.

The Intent 2: The Come Up
    In this prequel to "The Intent," a London gang visiting Jamaica targets a member who's meeting with rivals, unaware an undercover cop is among them.

Blind Intersections
    This film follows the societal challenges three strangers in Beirut go through as unexpected events link their fates.

Camellia Sisters
    Tensions rise and untold secrets surface for three royal sisters when a family treasure is stolen the night before an antique auction.

Locombianos
    Four of Colombia's funniest and bawdiest comedians perform before a post-quarantine audience hungry for their stories.

added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Absolutely.
    It's disgraceful.

They mention after two days without sleep brain function slows down. Guessing these lads started writing on day 4.

That's a shame.

Somewhat off-topic, but... If you want a properly good story with a similar basic premise (global outbreak of insomnia) "Nod" by Adrian Barnes is well worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm actually surprised this has taken so long.

Get the Netflix merch you always wanted, Well not here at the moment it's just open in the US.

https://www.netflix.shop/

Netflix Launches Branded Merchandise Site, In Search Of New Revenue Stream
    Netflix is developing a version of Hollywood studios’ longtime revenue generator, launching an online store for branded merchandise.

The site, Netflix.shop, features items like Lupin throw pillows ($60), Yasuke anime hoodies designed by Hypwear’s Jordan Bentley ($74). While the site’s initial offerings are limited, the shop will soon expand to include items for shows like Bridgerton, Money Heist, The Witcher and Stranger Things. For now, the retail operation is up and running in the U.S. only, but it will reach global territories in the coming months, the company said.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/netflix-shop-branded-merchandise-lupin-bridgerton-stranger-things-1234773042/

Lupin: Part 2
    “This has gone too far.” That’s the sound of Lupin returning to Netflix this June. The series stars Omar Sy as Assane Diop, a master of disguise whose life was turned upside down when his father died after being accused of a crime he didn’t commit. 25 years later, Assane uses LeBlanc’s literary hero as his inspiration to get revenge.

Wish Dragon
    Determined teen Din is longing to reconnect with his childhood best friend when he meets a wish-granting dragon who shows him the magic of possibilities.

Skater Girl
    When a teen in rural India discovers a life-changing passion for skateboarding, she faces a rough road as she follows her dream to compete.

LEGO Friends: The Power of Friendship Season 2
    Five best friends face adventures side by side in their hometown. Zany antics, love and missteps are better with friends!

added

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Woohoo to the second part of Lupin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

pixelburp wrote: »
    Woohoo to the second part of Lupin.

I loved, loved! the first half of the season, and have been waiting patiently for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I loved, loved! the first half of the season, and have been waiting patiently for this :)

I must watch it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Teaser for the Kevin Smith helmed Masters of the Universe: Revelation (aka He Man)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Niska wrote: »
    Teaser for the Kevin Smith helmed Masters of the Universe: Revelation (aka He Man)

Kevin Smith - I don't know why I am always interested in what he has coming next when the reality is he hasn't done anything worth watching this millennium.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

budgemook wrote: »
    Kevin Smith - I don't know why I am always interested in what he has coming next when the reality is he hasn't done anything worth watching this millennium.
    Yeah, same. Huge fan of the "View Askewniverse" so follow what he does closely but it's been pretty disappointing for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Spent the last few weeks watching 3 seasons of Fauda again.

Time well spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

13 hours. Who would have expected it from Micheal Bay ?!

Right up there with SPR, Black hawk down, Lone Survivor.

Oh and until I saw a YLYL pic I never realised it was Jim Halperts love rival !!

Absolutely.
    It's disgraceful.

You're doing the Lords work my son.
    Spared me tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

budgemook wrote: »

I pre-ordered the blu ray of Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. It was on of the worse things I have in the collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Smith was a trailblazer in that he normalised geek culture back when it was still the ugly duckling of pop culture, looked down on as all a bit embarrassing. But like many of his type, the culture quickly outgrew him when it became mainstream and Ok to love comics, Star Wars etc. Not least cos corporations like Disney saw the purchasing power and went for it. Smith though never really developed his own schtick and ended up looking a bit regressive, despite standing still. What was charming, brazen enthusiasm suddenly came off like the stunted man child.

Heck I don't even believe he developed his directing, despite a large CV (IIRC the reason Bruce Willis exploded at Smith during the Cop Out shoot was cos Smith didn't know what lens he was using, much to Willis' chagrin). So helming a HeMan reboot feels very on brand for latter-day Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

As much as I enjoyed those View Askew movies I've no desire to return to them, partly for the reasons outlined above.

Is there a mallrats two being developed? Or is that in limbo? I've no interest either way.

Will check out He Man out of curiosity but certainly not because of Smith's involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

As apathetic as I am about the majority of his work, I'm still kinda hoping Moose Jaws get made. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Big fan of Elvis here so watched Elvis Presley The Searcher documentary.

Produced by Precilla, it’s a warts-and-all view that is mostly positive on his contribution to the world (or America mainly because Col. Parker wouldn’t let him leave the country due to his citizenship doubts).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Anyone watch the secret city? Australian political thriller…100 percent on rotten tomatoes…so I’m going in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Rfrip wrote: »
    Anyone watch the secret city? Australian political thriller…100 percent on rotten tomatoes…so I’m going in

Decent rating of 7.4 on IMDB too, for what it's worth.
    Let us know how it goes!

Advertisement