Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Donadea forest has some orienteering routes but I don’t know how you’d go about getting maps.

Try here https://www.coillte.ie/site/donadea-forest-park/
    Scroll down there is a link to download maps. I've not used it so cannot advise if it's any good, accurate or if posts there. Should be ok as orienteering Ireland site directs you here

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

jrosen wrote: »
    I just booked las radas, not everyones cup of tea but they seemed to have decent availability.
    Ill be dropping my son to 33 main later on, they only called yesterday for a booking.

I did notice alot of the evening slots are gone. Both the above reservations are for 5ish. Id say if your flexi with mid week you might stand a better chance.

Was chatting with one of our neighbours yesterday, she said she's booked last radas for every Wednesday in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Any info on Caragh Meadows would be appreciated, looking at house in the area.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adgib

Caragh meadows is quiet, but a bit cramped with cars parked along the road

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

beertons wrote: »
    Was chatting with one of our neighbours yesterday, she said she's booked last radas for every Wednesday in July.

sounds exciting db

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Does anyone know if anywhere in naas is offering antigen covid tests. I’m heading to the airport but all the testing slots are booked out, so I’ll have to get the test done before I get there. Ideally I can get it done in naas that morning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need a PCR test for travel involving Ireland still; you can buy antigen tests in Lidl or Circle K but they're no use here. PCR takes longer than same day.

I'm fairly sure Boots at Tesco can do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Does anyone know if anywhere in naas is offering antigen covid tests. I’m heading to the airport but all the testing slots are booked out, so I’ll have to get the test done before I get there. Ideally I can get it done in naas that morning.

There's a testing center at the back of the Curragh racecourse in moorefield gaa
    https://www.xpresshealth.ie/book-test/

Though at €140, its rather expensive

silver2020 wrote: »
    There's a testing center at the back of the Curragh racecourse in moorefield gaa
    https://www.xpresshealth.ie/book-test/

Though at €140, its rather expensive

wow that is expensive, PCR is €69 at the airport. Was just trying to get it done close to home before getting the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Boots in Monread also do it, but also very expensive at €139

A quick spin to Leopardstown Racecourse? https://booking.randox.ie/ €69 and plenty of appointments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

L1011 wrote: »
    You need a PCR test for travel involving Ireland still; you can buy antigen tests in Lidl or Circle K but they're no use here. PCR takes longer than same day.

I'm fairly sure Boots at Tesco can do them.

Some countries accept antigen test prior to arrival so no point spending extra on pcr. Up to the op to verify of course, but since he specifically asked for antigen then that's what he needs I assume.

Boots in Naas tesco will do that, but you also have to book.

There are two testing centres at the airport op, have you checked slots with both?

Randox and rocdoc.

wonski wrote: »
    Some countries accept antigen test prior to arrival so no point spending extra on pcr. Up to the op to verify of course, but since he specifically asked for antigen then that's what he needs I assume.

Boots in Naas tesco will do that, but you also have to book.

There are two testing centres at the airport op, have you checked slots with both?

Randox and rocdoc.

I booked into the airport at 4pm for an 8.30pm flight! So a bit of waiting around! Shame none of the local pharmacies had a reasonably priced alternative!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I booked into the airport at 4pm for an 8.30pm flight! So a bit of waiting around! Shame none of the local pharmacies had a reasonably priced alternative!

Wow... You left it a bit late lol.

Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Just thought id add, las radas was lovely. The spot out the back is really well done. Food and wine tasty and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Caught the 126 bus into town today and my god is it slow. Need to get rid of cash fares as some of the passengers give their life stories when they can’t find change.

Need these city buses pronto with quicker scanners.

Also need to bring the fares into line with the likes of Maynooth and Celbridge. €7.70 one way on leap is scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

pad199207 wrote: »
    Caught the 126 bus into town today and my god is it slow. Need to get rid of cash fares as some of the passengers give their life stories when they can’t find change.

Need these city buses pronto with quicker scanners.

Also need to bring the fares into line with the likes of Maynooth and Celbridge. €7.70 one way on leap is scandalous.
    Oh don’t be ridiculous, we’re not as important as Celbridge or Maynooth. We don’t deserve to pay the normal fare, we deserve to pay 300% more.

Aren’t dublin bus fares capped at 7,50€ per day? So it costs more to get into town from Naas than to use the entire Dublin bus network for the day. You could travel from Greystones to Balbriggan to Maynooth to Blessington and pay less.

It’s scandalous, and everyone in Naas should be contacting the TD’s about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How is it that Blessington get Dublin bus but Naas doesn't?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Blessington? How about Ballymore Eustace and Ballyknockan!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Discrimination. Or perhaps there are vested interests at play. Who knows honestly.

If you draw a 30km circle around dublin, Naas is the only commuter town that doesn’t have Dublin bus or DART. It’s cheaper to get the bus from Maynooth to Bray than it is to get a bus from one side of Naas to the other. Very little consideration for the disabled. No consideration for students. There are a lack of bus stops. So much so, that you would see people being dropped to bus stops in cars. There is no local bus to the train station integrated with the LEAP card.

When I was commuting to college, I could be paying up to €70 per week while all my other friends were capped at €20. It’s actually disgusting and really disconnects communities. Talked to James Lawless and Catherine Murphy about it but they don’t seem to want to hear it. I’ve never seen a more expensive bus than that 126. I’ve given up on the buses to get around, far cheaper to use a car in Naas.

And nobody in Naas seems to care so it’ll never change. It seems to be just accepted... I’ve played my part by contacting TD’s. I blame KCC. Just wait until all these new houses are finished, the traffic in the area was already bad as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Tomrota wrote: »
    Discrimination. Or perhaps there are vested interests at play. Who knows honestly.

If you draw a 30km circle around dublin, Naas is the only commuter town that doesn’t have Dublin bus or DART. It’s cheaper to get the bus from Maynooth to Bray than it is to get a bus from one side of Naas to the other. Very little consideration for the disabled. No consideration for students. There are a lack of bus stops. So much so, that you would see people being dropped to bus stops in cars. There is no local bus to the train station integrated with the LEAP card.

When I was commuting to college, I could be paying up to €70 per week while all my other friends were capped at €20. It’s actually disgusting and really disconnects communities. Talked to James Lawless and Catherine Murphy about it but they don’t seem to want to hear it. I’ve never seen a more expensive bus than that 126. I’ve given up on the buses to get around, far cheaper to use a car in Naas.

And nobody in Naas seems to care so it’ll never change. It seems to be just accepted... I’ve played my part by contacting TD’s. I blame KCC. Just wait until all these new houses are finished, the traffic in the area was already bad as it was.

Speaking of charges. I have on occasion have to get the train from Celbridge to Newbridge, 2 stations down the tracks. It costs €8.30 one way, which is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Oh don’t be ridiculous, we’re not as important as Celbridge or Maynooth. We don’t deserve to pay the normal fare, we deserve to pay 300% more.

Aren’t dublin bus fares capped at 7,50€ per day? So it costs more to get into town from Naas than to use the entire Dublin bus network for the day. You could travel from Greystones to Balbriggan to Maynooth to Blessington and pay less.

It’s scandalous, and everyone in Naas should be contacting the TD’s about this.

Our TD is James Lawless ffs.....what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ncoen

Off topic here... But anyone got a game of football (indoor, astro, etc) going that need a player? Would love a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

and because you need a car, it become more expensive and naas is too congested with cars.

you need to set up a petition to get some force to lobby the National Transport Authority (NTA) . NTA gave out licenses to Bus Eireann and J Kavanagh to operate naas-dublin buses and set the prices. might need to ask Dublin Bus or DART consider it, but since they are strapped for cash i doubt they would have interest. Id say Dublin Bus would want to lose the maynooth and blessington routes but are stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

the salllins train seems to be the best way to get to dublin. and coming back to naas if i miss the train i get the luas to red cow and get the 5 euro bus that is coming from the airport. ive been emotionally scarred too many times by the 126 bus journey to ever get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

It is funny how things works here and KCC is in Naas, I never get the logic as I am not an Irish

the salllins train seems to be the best way to get to dublin. and coming back to naas if i miss the train i get the luas to red cow and get the 5 euro bus that is coming from the airport. ive been emotionally scarred too many times by the 126 bus journey to ever get it again.

Indeed the train service is far superior although still not perfect due to lack of the dart coming out and frequency of trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Anyone know of a good dress maker for alterations to a debs dress ?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

scwazrh wrote: »

https://www.designandalterationstudio.com/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw there was a fire up on the moate hill earlier. Was it started by rubbish, like a piece of glass, or did someone set it alight deliberately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

scwazrh wrote: »

The lady beside Granny’s attic did a great job on a couple of dresses for me.

Advertisement