Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hey folks, does anybody know if anybody would be giving away wood for free? Looking to use wood such as sleepers for making some raised beds and other little parts to the garden. Maybe even a bench.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The town library is back open today. You have to book your time for going in, even with returning books from last year.

https://www.supersaas.co.uk/schedule/KCC_Booking_System/Naas_Library

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

red_bairn wrote: »
    Hey folks, does anybody know if anybody would be giving away wood for free? Looking to use wood such as sleepers for making some raised beds and other little parts to the garden. Maybe even a bench.

Ive 2 pallets if they are any use to you. just got stuff delivered.

Ive seen people make planters out of them on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Its depressing that they still seem to have no heed on flooding issues around the town. The Blessington Road site where several streams meets and often floods in winter being an obvious example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I dont understand how they could go ahead? From an insurance perspective. I have family who couldnt get flood insurance based on the risk in the area they lived at the time.
    Its like the desperation to build trumps all else. Its crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

So i hear another Costa is coming to Naas. Based in an Applegreen. So im presuming its the one out on Millenium.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

pad199207 wrote: »
    So i hear another Costa is coming to Naas. Based in an Applegreen. So im presuming its the one out on Millenium.

how will that applegreen survive with the new N7 (M7?) entrance and thus get wouldnt that get bypassed. the BK there can be hit and miss.

how will that applegreen survive with the new N7 (M7?) entrance and thus get wouldnt that get bypassed. the BK there can be hit and miss.

i was thinking that the junction would be to the advantage of that applegreen station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is Two Cooks closed in Sallins? Past it yesterday and it looked to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If anything, having a junction of one of the busiest roads in the country just beside you is a huge advantage. On top of that, parents bringing kids to the new community college and the thousand of workers in the park.

Not to mention the hundreds of cars from the new estates past chadwicks that will use the new jct for accessing the motorway if heading to/from Dublin

buyer95 wrote: »

They are open Thursday to Sunday for food hall / coffee. Has been like this for the last few months

It would have been quicker for you to do a google search than to try and start a damaging rumor https://www.twocooks.ie/

buyer95 wrote: »

It was open Saturday and they were certainly encouraging future business so wouldn’t think so-

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ncoen

Thanks for that, that would be great.
    welcome to naas

im looking to start a 5 a side astro game in K leisure in next couple of months. ill send you a private message when i do. in the meantime if you walk around monread park you might see guys playing informally and suggest asking if you can join in. naas is friendly so they will probably let you play.

yeah the monread playground is very old and needs updating. ive contacted all councillors about this and encourage you to make sure you badger them all. That councillor Bill Clear is often in the area and id say he would be one to target to get something done about it.

welcome to naas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anyone on here have an under sink reverse osmosis/water filter system?

Looking to get one and would like to hear reviews from anyone on a system if they have it installed and their thoughts?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    anyone on here have an under sink reverse osmosis/water filter system?

Looking to get one and would like to hear reviews from anyone on a system if they have it installed and their thoughts?

Thanks

Reverse osmosis is a shocking waste of water so if your into conservation then forget about it.

For every 1ltr of purified water produced, 3ltrs goes to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

My sis has the under sink reverse osmosis water filtration system. She got it so that she would never buy plastic bottled water again. She says the water tastes good with it. She has rarely bought bottled water since, and has had it over 2 years now. It does need some annual maintenance, so it's not free forever more once installed.

RO water generally tastes of nothing............ decent bottled water (spring) has lots of minerals in it (hence the name mineral water) that taste good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Augeo wrote: »
    RO water generally tastes of nothing............ decent bottled water (spring) has lots of minerals in it (hence the name mineral water) that taste good.

Not so sure about that, mineral water Is marketing jargon

What aren't you sure about?

Unless you are referring to the likes of RiverRock, a total con as it's bottled tap water essentially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'd rather have water that has no additives than the stuff that comes from bottles that they say has minerals etc

I've tried water through a RO and its all I need, who needs water to taste

I've seen the results of electrolysis on some bottle water, even the likes of Evian and you wouldnt drink it if you saw the results

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭hognef

Hi, I am looking for a (preferably local) plumber that is familiar with Joule solar systems. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'd rather have water that has no additives than the stuff that comes from bottles that they say has minerals etc

I've tried water through a RO and its all I need, who needs water to taste

I've seen the results of electrolysis on some bottle water, even the likes of Evian and you wouldnt drink it if you saw the results

Mineral water doesn't have additives, what's in it is what's in it at source.

If you did a similar process to using an RO membrane to break out individual components of food, you'd probably decide to starve yourself if you're that influenced by the results. Minerals/salts aren't particularly attractive to look at but they are absolutely fine for you.

"natural mineral water" and "spring water" are protected terms in Ireland.

Bottled water without those terms, like the aforementioned River Rock, is tap water. Belfast in River Rocks case.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

I think anyone in Naas should take a look at this Facebook post and contribute to the submissions.

https://www.facebook.com/1476405046003858/posts/2784097388567944/?d=n

It’s kinda ridiculous that Maynooth, Celbridge and Drogheda will be getting DART but Naas will not. There are even talks of it being extended to Navan. There are zero plans to alleviate traffic on the N7 or any initiatives for modal shift to public transport in the Naas area. Meanwhile there are record numbers of housing being built. For anyone who lives in Naas and who works in Dublin or is planning on sending their children to university, this is definitely worth advocating for.

Here is where you can submit on this public consultation. It’s open till June 23rd: https://www.dartplus.ie/en-ie/projects/dart-south-west/public-consultation-round-1/how-to-engage-contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

where are we outdoor dining folks ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Are the pubs doing reservations or is it first come first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Tomrota wrote: »
    I think anyone in Naas should take a look at this Facebook post and contribute to the submissions.

It’s kinda ridiculous that Maynooth, Celbridge and Drogheda will be getting DART but Naas will not. There are even talks of it being extended to Navan. There are zero plans to alleviate traffic on the N7 or any initiatives for modal shift to public transport in the Naas area. Meanwhile there are record numbers of housing being built. For anyone who lives in Naas and who works in Dublin or is planning on sending their children to university, this is definitely worth advocating for.

Here is where you can submit on this public consultation. It’s open till June 23rd: https://www.dartplus.ie/en-ie/projects/dart-south-west/public-consultation-round-1/how-to-engage-contact-us

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84x21111/

84X go as far as wicklow, what is FG thinking about Naas ?:mad:

Sure they even serve Ballymore Eustace and Ballyknockan

Tomrota wrote: »

I thought that extra track was being laid from parkwest to Heuston and further improvements are being made to the phoenix park tunnel.

Whilst these two projects are in Dublin, it will allow a substantial increase in train frequency from Kildare.

The celbridge dart project will also move passengers away from regular rail giving greater capacity too.

There's a lot of new rolling stock coming through to Irish rail over the next couple of years

And yes, there's plenty of housing, but there are plenty of business developments too.

Try not to be tunnel visioned, these changes will have a positive knock on affect for Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bars opening, Monread, Fletcher, McCormacks and 33 South Main. Lawlors have a few tables out the side. Restaurants, no idea.

Kilashee open, Johnstown Inn also.

Advertisement