Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

So out of the blue the MVC at MTU called me at approx 4.40pm asking if I could come in. I'm assuming they had spare doses they were trying to get rid of. Anyway I would not have been able to make it. I have yet to get the text etc for an appointment so that surprised me. Didn't get into any discussion on what jab or anything but I know a person with an appointment for tomorrow who has been allocated Pfizer. She just said that I would be getting the text in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kn wrote: »
    So out of the blue the MVC at MTU called me at approx 4.40pm asking if I could come in. I'm assuming they had spare doses they were trying to get rid of. Anyway I would not have been able to make it. I have yet to get the text etc for an appointment so that surprised me. Didn't get into any discussion on what jab or anything but I know a person with an appointment for tomorrow who has been allocated Pfizer. She just said that I would be getting the text in the coming days.

I got exactly the same call. Like you, it wasnt possible for me to attend at such short notice. I did ask what vaccine it would be. It was Pfizer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

A customer was telling me yesterday he also got a call to come in for his vaccine, and he wasn't due to get it for another week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    A customer was telling me yesterday he also got a call to come in for his vaccine, and he wasn't due to get it for another week!

I wonder if the hack has indeed messed with the vaccine rollout; when we chatted with our local GP who was the doctor on site at the MVC at MTU, she said they weren't getting very many cancellations, people were coming in for their appointments.

But, that was the 60-70 year old group at that time, perhaps it's different for the younger whipper-snappers.:D

Anyway, as long as people are getting vaccinated, all to the good. The best way to prevent spreading covid is to get vaccinated.

Igotadose wrote: »
    I wonder if the hack has indeed messed with the vaccine rollout; when we chatted with our local GP who was the doctor on site at the MVC at MTU, she said they weren't getting very many cancellations, people were coming in for their appointments.

But, that was the 60-70 year old group at that time, perhaps it's different for the younger whipper-snappers.:D

Anyway, as long as people are getting vaccinated, all to the good. The best way to prevent spreading covid is to get vaccinated.

Not messed up anyway. Got the text to come in Friday: Pfizer. Two mates in Killarney also got the text for Friday both Pfizer as well.

• Advertisement

Not messed up anyway. Got the text to come in Friday: Pfizer. Two mates in Killarney also got the text for Friday both Pfizer as well.
    Me as well! Thankfully, the vaccine programme seems to not be affected by the ransomware attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Got first shot of Pfizer yesterday in MTU, all very efficient and no side effect apart from a little soreness in my arm.

Bit of a queue which I guess is to be expected but still in and out in about 40 minutes which includes the 15 minute waiting time after getting the shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Registered yesterday...just received a text saying I'm getting my first vaccination this coming Saturday!
    States on the text it's Pfizer

Seems to be a rise in cases at the moment, 524 new cases, but worryingly, 19 hospitalisations since yesterday

Seems to be a rise in cases at the moment, 524 new cases, but worryingly, 19 hospitalisations since yesterday

People getting lax again multiplied by the Indian variant? Just back from MTU vaccination centre. Very efficient set up. If they can keep this up with the vaccines we should be able to turn the number around again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Heard of a big rise down South somewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Heard of a big rise down South somewhere ?

UCC. Riddled.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just spoke to my Dad. It's a "sore subject" apparently which is why they didnt tell me. He registered 2 weeks after Mom and got it last week. She is still waiting, has rang the number given above a few times only to be told she is on the list and to wait to be called.

Nice to know they're pushing it but they dont have anything to go on apart from being told to wait.

Shes booked for Tuesday 9am. I think she annoyed them into giving her an appointment :pac:

Very happy to hear though, a sense of normality returning

Have to admit that once you get in the door its a pretty slick operation. No messing, no confusion. Efficient to a tee - in fact just not one bit Irish at all!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

dobman88 wrote: »
    UCC. Riddled.

I heard on news it is in Limerick, possibly UL. Something like 137 cases in less than a week! Due to social gatherings and house parties.

30 minutes...in and out, and that included the 15 mins wait afterwards.
    Got the VIP treatment as I'm slightly incapacitated :D

I heard on news it is in Limerick, possibly UL. Something like 137 cases in less than a week! Due to social gatherings and house parties.

Might be one in UL also, haven't heard myself. Definitely a large outbreak in UCC though. My sister works there.

The Saturday View programme on RTE 1 after the 1pm News said both Castletroy i.e UL and post Ramadam parties.

30 minutes...in and out, and that included the 15 mins wait afterwards.
    Got the VIP treatment as I'm slightly incapacitated :D

Is that a new PC term for being tipsy? :)

The Saturday View programme on RTE 1 after the 1pm News said both Castletroy i.e UL and post Ramadam parties.

Hopefully any students there who are from Kerry stay away from coming home for the next couple of weeks!

• Advertisement

Hopefully any students there who are from Kerry stay away from coming home for the next couple of weeks!

And next weeks Lotto numbers are ðŸ˜

I'd be more worried about parents rather that students. Last year when the virus broke out in a college in another county a parent went up & brought her son home & brought the virus down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Most of the leases will be up at the end of May so there will be cases brought from the cities to the homes of these students over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Odd that the national ICU figures keep rising, although presumably there won't be a significant fall there until the second doses?

Odd that the national ICU figures keep rising, although presumably there won't be a significant fall there until the second doses?

They were falling steadily and unfortunately have only begun to rise with the easing of restrictions. And its the ammo govt will use in the implementation of further lockdowns even though they've had plenty of time at this stage to pump money into the health service to improve things there.

Personally, I couldn't deal with the thought of another lockdown or restrictions coming back so I really hope I am way off the mark

We haven't had the daily county by county figures recently so no idea how Kerry is even doing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

We haven't had the daily county by county figures recently so no idea how Kerry is even doing!?

They probably all caught the covid and died!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Until the HSE recovers from the ransomware, we won't.

And of course, by now a well run IT system with serious infrastructure backup would've recovered. But, it's the HSE run by an ex-IT guy in fact. Not surprised at all, can't get out of their own way most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

They probably all caught the covid and died!?
    Thats not even remotely funny

Advertisement