Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Congrats to all who got the call. It all moves very quickly from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Congrats to all who got the call. I am sure you are delighted! I am also delighted that my vetting forms came through the post today. Progress is on the way! Buzzing too xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Got the call.
    230-240

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Got the call.
    230-240

Congrats Buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Belfast555

Hi, long time lurker starting soon. I have stuff going on in my personal life right now and was thinking of talking to my GP about a short course of beta blockers? Will this lead to me getting medically discharged during training? Advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Congrats to all who got the call. I am sure you are delighted! I am also delighted that my vetting forms came through the post today. Progress is on the way! Buzzing too xx

Hi Mariyapsni, What ML were you if you don't mind me asking? I am 500-550 and told to expect vetting form end of the month so hopefully see them arrive in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Don't get to excited about vetting, I have worked on a custody setting & been vetted for the past 15 years and my vetting took 15 months to come back, I hope it comes back quicker for people waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

15 months is ridiculous, nobody should have to wait that long on it. I only ever had a basic security check before and my vetting took 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

MUFC1 wrote: »
    is anyone in here going to GV in September ?
    Appointable here and thought I would have gotten the call for a July start with my ML number. Out of interest, did you receive the call and just defer until September?

Hi Mariyapsni, What ML were you if you don't mind me asking? I am 500-550 and told to expect vetting form end of the month so hopefully see them arrive in the next few weeks

Hi Irishman84!. My ML position is 300-350. Although some people say it may take a long time, i think the psni stages are very fast moving, so i am very optimistic for fast vetting as well. I emailed them this morning about a query and they came back to me with a response in 5 minutes!!! Really helpful, both the PSNI recruitment team and the vetting team! Hope this helps xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Appointable here and thought I would have gotten the call for a July start with my ML number. Out of interest, did you receive the call and just defer until September?

What's your rough number out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

Got confirmation that I've passed medical and SMT. 😁 Passed vetting months ago but 2 weeks ago I sent an update for the vetting so don't know if they need to come back to me again about this or what the score is.

Just wondering for those appointable did another email follow or did it say on one of the results emails that your now appointable?

Champing at the bit here to know where I stand lol

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Howdyfolks wrote: »
    Got confirmation that I've passed medical and SMT. 😠Passed vetting months ago but 2 weeks ago I sent an update for the vetting so don't know if they need to come back to me again about this or what the score is.

Just wondering for those appointable did another email follow or did it say on one of the results emails that your now appointable?

Champing at the bit here to know where I stand lol

You don't get any specific notification that you are appointable- if you've passed all the stages, you're appointable.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Just got the call there for a July start. Still in shock as I hadn’t got it the other day like the others. Hopefully be seeing you all soon or over the coming months. Thanks for all your help on here folks when I’ve needed it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

I received the call aswell! I'm starting in July so very happy. This forum has been incredibly helpful throughout this whole process and thank you to everyone that's helped me along the way. See you on the other side!

Cheers,
    Robo

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Vetting passed after 3 and a half months. Only medical to go now, can’t wait to get that done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Hi all, I’m new to this and was told to check it out. I am ML 600-650, when do you think the process will start for me? Is there a possibility this low down in the ML wouldn’t get offered a place? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Slimjim99

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread for ages. In regards to your question Elninotdog I emailed recruitment this week asking the same thing about my ml position (800-850), they emailed me back to say they're not in a position to tell me at the minute although they plan to invite everyone on the list to complete the pre employment stages, so I would say (maybe optimistically) they're looking to use everyone on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Elninotdog wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m new to this and was told to check it out. I am ML 600-650, when do you think the process will start for me? Is there a possibility this low down in the ML wouldn’t get offered a place? Thanks in advance

With your ML position I think you’ll get in no problem. Still of the belief that they will exhaust this list and not look to recruit for the foreseeable.

JC12250 wrote: »
    With your ML position I think you’ll get in no problem. Still of the belief that they will exhaust this list and not look to recruit for the foreseeable.

Fingers crossed. Just have to ride out the wait, it’s killing me haha. Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Got that amazing email to say my vetting passed this morning. Just medical to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Got that amazing email to say my vetting passed this morning. Just medical to go!

Congrats, how long did yours take roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Congrats, how long did yours take roughly?

Just over 3 months

Awesome. Well done.

I haven’t heard anything since I got my ML number, Do you get an email with the next stage or is it all postal correspondence?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Elninotdog wrote: »
    Awesome. Well done.

I haven’t heard anything since I got my ML number, Do you get an email with the next stage or is it all postal correspondence?

Your vetting forms should come next, that is postal, the rest will all be corresponded via email

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Seen somebody asking a while back how long the medical result lasts before needing renewed...just had an email to renew my medical and its been less than 4 months since I passed it. It's a quick box ticking exercise for anyone thinking you have to go back and see the nurses/doc again.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Anyone know how often the stats get updated on the JoinPSNI website?

Hi all. Could I ask you a medical query. Has anyone had experience with the types of eye surgeries allowed - could i have a lens replacement surgery? I am not suitable for laser surgery and therefore, i might need the type of surgery that old people get when they are getting a cataract surgery. On the PSNI website, in the FAQs section it only mentions a laser surgery. I would appreciate any advice as I want to be prepared in advance and to have the surgery before my medical if they will accept it. Thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Just got word that vetting has passed. Took just over a week. Just the Pca and medical to go for me.

• Advertisement

Just got word that vetting has passed. Took just over a week. Just the Pca and medical to go for me.

Well done! That's really quick! Hope most of us have the same good spell of good luck. xx:o

Advertisement