Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

800-820, hoping they exhaust the ML this year... Great to see so many people getting their results and delighted it’s finally all going forward now! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

pcjar wrote: »
    Same boat here. Maybe see you in GV down the line 👌

With any luck

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Are the vetting forms completed electronically or would they be posted out in hard copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

500-550! Congratulations guys wherever you are on the list its a good day to finally know where we stand. Does everyone get that your part of the batch email or should I be moved on to a another managed stage soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Are the vetting forms completed electronically or would they be posted out in hard copy?

Hard copy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deebizzle13

Congrats to everyone today been given your number. Been given my PCA date, happy enough with where I am on the merit list 300-350. I understand there is a familiarisation day and I will definitely be going to that however is there any other way someone would recommend preparing for this? I am fit and healthy it would be more on technique I'm looking help on.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Congrats to everyone today been given your number. Been given my PCA date, happy enough with where I am on the merit list 300-350. I understand there is a familiarisation day and I will definitely be going to that however is there any other way someone would recommend preparing for this? I am fit and healthy it would be more on technique I'm looking help on.

Thanks.

My technique went clean out the window after the first lap! Just be careful not to knock anything over, I knocked the pole coming down off the steps on the final lap and I honestly thought i was going to tap out having to re do that section when I was already busted.

Don’t listen to anyone that says “it’s 4 minutes 30 seconds, it’s easy” because it’s definitely not, the air in the gym is pretty poor which makes it harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cat8609

300-350 . . Also got my email for physical through too . . 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    My technique went clean out the window after the first lap! Just be careful not to knock anything over, I knocked the pole coming down off the steps on the final lap and I honestly thought i was going to tap out having to re do that section when I was already busted.

Don’t listen to anyone that says “it’s 4 minutes 30 seconds, it’s easy” because it’s definitely not, the air in the gym is pretty poor which makes it harder!

Exactly what McFluffer said, its probably the quickest 4:30 you will experience because you don't know where you are time wise and flat to the floor from the word go and the air again isn't great you come out of it feeling it in your chest, I would say cardio is your friend and to bust yourself when training for the PCA. But do remember that if you fail the first time you get a second crack at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hopeful_2020

First time post but been following the thread for a few weeks now.

I got a ML position of 700-800 and replied to the email just to ask the situation and what would be a rough idea for getting vetting forms, PCA and medical.

Someone from recruitment then gave me a call and said they couldn't possibly give an exact date but said that I'd be looking at getting processed either next year or the year after. Good scenario would be next year. That was all they were able to say on it so that gives people an idea of the wait they have ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Anyone any idea how many they’re taking into GV in each intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

For anyone who’s already been to their induction; what do the fellas wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big_A

Anyone have any experience appealing colour vision decision? Have seen someone on here before but unable to send PM to them.

I have already provided report stating I'm suitable from optician but still issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Congrats to all with the ML email today - we have all worked hard to get to this stage. I hope all of us on the ML get into GV. 300-350 ML position :) , PCA booked. Buzzing and at the same time it all is starting to feel real now. :) Chin up and good luck with the PSNI managed stages. Don't lose hope. Things may happen quicker than expected. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    For anyone who’s already been to their induction; what do the fellas wear?

It's smart business attire so a full suit

LC20 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how many they’re taking into GV in each intake?

It would usually be about 50 but they seem to be doing reduced intakes at the minute with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

Found my merit list email, it's the first one to make it into the junk folder!
    200-250, well happy with that.

Got the medical next, it says to wear suitable stuff for medical, what did you guys wear? Like similar to PCA? Assuming they will be poking and prodding so need to be very flexible stuff instead of jeans/ suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elc89

Anyone a rough idea of the time frame from completing your PCA to doing your medical?

Do you get plenty of notice before your medical is what I'm essentially asking.

I probably sound like a broken record but just have a few things I need to clear up before my medical.

PCA next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

The notice you get for medical seems to vary but seems mostly you get a couple weeks ��

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sky56

Jeans and a t-shirt were fine for me when attending the medical

Roughly mine was about 2-3 weeks roughly after the PCA might just depend on how quick they get through people etc with the bigger groups starting to come in with covid restrictions lifting a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Medical passed and merit number through on the same day! Just waiting on SMT results! Anyone any insight on time between medical and SMT result..and then SMT result to phone call? FT2 and merit 100-150

Boss20 wrote: »
    Medical passed and merit number through on the same day! Just waiting on SMT results! Anyone any insight on time between medical and SMT result..and then SMT result to phone call? FT2 and merit 100-150

About a week to two weeks for SMT result after medical, then for the call, how long is a piece of string? Your call will depend on how many they are putting in each intake, how many appointable folks are ahead of you in the queue etc. It will likely be summer or early autumn at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

MrChew wrote: »
    About a week to two weeks for SMT result after medical, then for the call, how long is a piece of string? Your call will depend on how many they are putting in each intake, how many appointable folks are ahead of you in the queue etc. It will likely be summer or early autumn at the latest.

Thanks for getting back to me! But just got confirmation of my SMT result today... now to wait!

Boss20 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me! But just got confirmation of my SMT result today... now to wait!

Boom! That was fast, nice one.

Now you'll be jumping every time your phone rings!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

I’m assuming every candidate has to be approved by the vetting panel hence the reason it can take so long to get approved as they only meet at certain times?

I’m assuming every candidate has to be approved by the vetting panel hence the reason it can take so long to get approved as they only meet at certain times?

I think that the vetting panel only looks at people that have had to go for a vetting interview

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

johnboy76 wrote: »
    I think that the vetting panel only looks at people that have had to go for a vetting interview

I was at a vetting interview recently enough and they told me everyone's files goes to the vetting panel, not just those interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

CLC93 wrote: »
    I was at a vetting interview recently enough and they told me everyone's files goes to the vetting panel, not just those interviewed.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Hi got my got my date for PCA.

I was wondering has anyone who has completed the PCA did you go to the familiarisation day?

What do you do at it? What did you wear to it? Is it worth going to?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Emailed recruitment about estimated time frames for 500-550. They said middle of June or end of June for vetting forms to be sent out to us. Hopefully this helps anyone in that bracket

Advertisement