Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how did you lot manage to get your hands on tickets??...the ad on the radio says tickets go on sale this saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

fryup wrote: »
    how did you lot manage to get your hands on tickets??...the ad on the radio says tickets go on sale this saturday

There is a presale.I just went onto the link via the tweet a few posts up.

No codes etc needed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yabadabado wrote: »
    There is a presale.I just went onto the link via the tweet a few posts up.

No codes etc needed

yeah, a friend of mine is big into him and got a presale code somewhere, but I saw it just appear on facebook in my timeline with a direct link.

I was late checking but saw row C on the flat was still available, though off to one side.

In the gigs forum there is a dedicated thread to presale codes, they often have ones which really are harder to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

Jennie has some lovely legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Roger That :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I enjoyed the World At War theme music playing during the Spitfire flight

Lovely stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

booked 2 tickets for Leeds at 9.30 this morning(first direct arena)a great little arena ,exactly a year from today.Saturday night even better,i cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

2nd date announced for Dublin!

The live show will be basically a TV show that's not on TV. Like Kilroy, but with tea, Wagon wheels and Sue Cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

The live show will be basically a TV show that's not on TV. Like Kilroy, but with tea, Wagon wheels and Sue Cook.

Agh come on.... Sue Cook just pulled out

• Advertisement

like this, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was brutal, literally one laugh in the whole ep when he said most of the old lady Spitfire pilots interview was unusable and you hear her going "and it was very frosty this morning..."

The rest of it was a total dud, that Pussy Riot thing at the end wold have been cringe on any programme but it was shocking to see that low quality on AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Shakyfan wrote: »
    2nd date announced for Dublin!

Any word on if there'll be a "No Denim" policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Any word on if there'll be a "No Denim" policy?

lKntakaJomQ3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the insignia will be serviced and polished and driving gloves at the ready!

lol at the troll interview and alan fixated on the SL380

^^ doing his utmost to get a discount

Our wonderful make up lady

wonder will Alan have his weekend of lust with her?...after "discreetly" collecting her at the train station ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anybody else watch It's A Sin and think the Welsh lad would be perfect for an 'Alan Partidge at Uni'-type piece?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

fryup wrote:
    wonder will Alan have his weekend of lust with her?...after "discreetly" collecting her at the train station

Will he make it back at all?

This has the makings of a real life misery.

Alan tied to the bed while she reads bouncing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I feel like somehow Simon is going to end up getting the main hosting slot?

^^^^^^^^^^^

Alan arrives back late after his weekend fling to find Simon filling in, making Alan apoplectic with rage:p

NO MEN!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Alan and the robot dog :)

Not a great episode

Wonder will he be a social Media right winger next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Simon and his "Anne" enactments...And was there a further Michael hint in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Last night's episode was an improvement over previous weeks, but it's still seriously sub-par Partridge. I'm over Michael, and I much prefer Ted, the new Geordie, who I think made his third appearance on This Time last night. The guy who plays him is a great comedy actor and I hope to see more of him down the line. Sad to hear that Seldom, Alan's dog has passed on. He was a star in From The Oasthouse, and had many classic moments with Alan. He'll be missed. I think the Gibbons brothers might regret killing him off so soon.

All in all, another disappointing Partridge series. Oasthouse was the beginning of a return to form but they have blown it again. Alan should be sliding further down the ladder of success (BBC - Radio Norfolk - North Norfolk Digital - podcast...), not back on prime-time BBC. Such a silly idea, and it totally ruins the integrity of the character and his history. They could have had Alan doing podcasts for a long time, even getting a YouTube video podcast going, so we could see him out and about in his universe but This Time has totally f*cked the character for me, so much so that I'm not even going to buy tickets for the live show. I'm so annoyed with Coogan and The Gibbons Brothers for this crap.

Laughed heartily when he left the studio and ran out into the street to try and get people to shout from their windows, and somebody shouted ‘A-ha!’ :D

‘F***ing idiot.’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

All in all, another disappointing Partridge series. Oasthouse was the beginning of a return to form but they have blown it again. Alan should be sliding further down the ladder of success (BBC - Radio Norfolk - North Norfolk Digital - podcast...), not back on prime-time BBC. Such a silly idea, and it totally ruins the integrity of the character and his history. They could have had Alan doing podcasts for a long time, even getting a YouTube video podcast going, so we could see him out and about in his universe but This Time has totally f*cked the character for me, so much so that I'm not even going to buy tickets for the live show. I'm so annoyed with Coogan and The Gibbons Brothers for this crap.

I dunno. I think Alan does work great when there's a mix of successes and failures. The idea that he manages to get back on the BBC through sheer luck more than anything but manages to keep his foot in the door just enough to keep his position, yet constantly trips over himself for the pettiest reasons and is constantly on the verge of getting knocked so far down again imo makes for a more interesting scenario than just falling further and further down the ladder into complete obscurity. Not to mention that fluff shows like The One Show are so ripe for parody and prone to Accidental Partridge (RIP) that it does make sense for him to be somewhat suited to and competent on that type of show.

Don't get me wrong, the series hasn't always worked and there's been some really dodgy bits, but overall, it's been okay. Not the best of Partridge, but not the worst either imo.

Advertisement