Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Love the Andrade signing but please get Zelina Vega for him, or if not Abrahantes. I don't like Vickie at all and don't think she suits Andrade anyway.

So many great matches for him there. As he's got that match with Omega in AAA in August, he'll be pushed hard too. Think maybe do something like Pac/Death Triangle and he takes Penta and Felix for a trios match against Omega and the Young Bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This gif is great total Beast Mode.

A shout out to my hot wife.

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1401022944055238656?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Even when going back and listening again, I still struggled to make out what Vickie called Andrade. So not a good fit unless she tones the voice down a bit. Also hope they don't go through the whole thing of her being interested in him.

Was it me or did Dustin seem like he was going through the motions in that match. Like some of his moves seemed very half hearted.

Why is Dynamite on Fridays now anyway? Is there sport on Wednesday? And then it moves to Saturday in a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Vickie called it fine the crowd just wasn't focusing on what she was saying. Probably the wrong choice for that reason alone.

Andrade the Idol.

Vickie was probably the only one who pronounced his surname properly

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Even when going back and listening again, I still struggled to make out what Vickie called Andrade. So not a good fit unless she tones the voice down a bit. Also hope they don't go through the whole thing of her being interested in him.

Was it me or did Dustin seem like he was going through the motions in that match. Like some of his moves seemed very half hearted.

Why is Dynamite on Fridays now anyway? Is there sport on Wednesday? And then it moves to Saturday in a few weeks?

Ya, moved cos of NBA and NHL playoffs unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,984 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anthony Ogogo is pretty impressive for a guy who's barely been 5 mins in wrestling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    Anthony Ogogo is pretty impressive for a guy who's barely been 5 mins in wrestling

I’ve a huge soft spot for him from when he was on Big Brother. Was a great one where celebrities took control of the house every day, and each housemate was a young person with a tonne of potential. It’s cool seeing him 15 odd years later, cropping back up in another of my interests.

Interesting

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/exclusive-news-on-when-andrade-first-met-with-tony-khan/

Andrade met with Tony Khan in Florida the week he was released from his WWE contract in March. Khan was motivated to sign Andrade, given that he did not have a 90 day non-compete, however a deal wasn’t made.

Negotiations stalled because of Andrade’s demands, which included wanting creative control and veto power on losing. There was a compromise made on that, and he will have a limited amount of creative control on his finishes. Andrade also wanted to work for other companies outside of WWE.

Andrade was also in talks with IMPACT. They were willing to guarantee part of his creative control demands but they were too far apart on the number of dates as he would be paid per date and not a guaranteed downside, which is how a lot of recent Impact deals are structured. They were pretty close on a one-off appearance at one point.

ROH was also reportedly interested in Andrade. Andrade’s close friend Rush is the ROH World Champion, and his ROH contract expires in January.

After a slow down in getting the deal done, Andrade signed with AEW this week. They had been working on the language in the deal for several days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sounds like the type of contract his brother in law would negotiate on his behalf.

• Advertisement

Delighted to see Andrade sign but hope he ends up with someone else other than Vickie. That excuse me ****e is grand to get boos when you're GM or whatever but it won't help Andrade in the slightest.

Did Zelina Vega sign back with WWE in the end?

Thought it was a below average show tbh. Crowd was terrible. Very quiet all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Headshot wrote: »
    Interesting

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/exclusive-news-on-when-andrade-first-met-with-tony-khan/

Andrade met with Tony Khan in Florida the week he was released from his WWE contract in March. Khan was motivated to sign Andrade, given that he did not have a 90 day non-compete, however a deal wasn’t made.

Negotiations stalled because of Andrade’s demands, which included wanting creative control and veto power on losing. There was a compromise made on that, and he will have a limited amount of creative control on his finishes. Andrade also wanted to work for other companies outside of WWE.

"Put Cody over?"

"Eso no funciona para me, hermano."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭kksaints

I know that there wasn't much point in going all out on a main event because of the time and day changes but surely something other than a bullrope match involving Dustin Rhodes was an option.

kksaints wrote: »
    I know that there wasn't much point in going all out on a main event because of the time and day changes but surely something other than a bullrope match involving Dustin Rhodes was an option.

I know the aim of the factory Vs nightmare family is to get some of the young guys over but I couldn't care less about the feud in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭kksaints

I know the aim of the factory Vs nightmare family is to get some of the young guys over but I couldn't care less about the feud in all honesty.

There's not much progression in a number of feuds atm, it's natural enough that interest will fall in them.

It was a surprise to see Zicky Dice in the crowd. Looks like he'll be showing his stuff on Elevation and Dark.

He was quite good in NWA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Poor episode of Dynamite. Understandable they all can’t knock it out of the park.

The pinnacle/inner circle doesn’t need to continue.

The factory/nightmare family is now boring me to tears. Ogogo being the only star I’m interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess the Pinnacle/Inner Circle are 1-1 so a decider will likely happen, though I'm not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The Pinnacle & Inner Circle feud started with the blowoff match and they are steadily working backwards. By September they'll be working babyface matches with handshakes & guys holding the ropes open for one another.

I don't know if I'm in the minority but I hate Inner circle segments. Just feels awkward the way they go around the group and everyone says a few words, feels real WWE or something.

• Advertisement

I'd say they'll be in a holding pattern for the next month due to the time changes. You're not going to want to put your best stuff out at 11pm on a Friday night.

I like Andrade but veto power on losing would be way too much for him imo so hopefully they haven't agreed that. I do think he'll pushed to the main events quite quickly. Since him and Omega already have a match down for August, it'd be weird if AEW didn't acknowledge that and do some build to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The Andrade stuff is very worrying. He's tight with Alberto and these top Mexican guys who've primarily worked there still have that more old school paranoid way of thinking where they are very concerned with protecting themselves. If I were AEW I'd have run a mile from a deal involving creative control. I suspect it will all end up badly between those two parties.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Depends how much control he wanted I guess, maybe he just wanted some insurance considering everyone else at the top there also has creative control?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even a compromise on that is a bit dumb. If you're bringing in someone like Punk or Cena, you play ball on that kind of thing...maybe.

But someone like Andrade? Hugely talented wrestler but he does not deserve that megastar treatment. Just making a rod for their own back down the road with other signings who might chance their arm with that stuff.

I'd be shocked if they agreed to any type of creative control even if it's a little. Agree with Marston, you might have to do it to sign a Punk for example but not Andrade. Can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Put Cody over?"

Someone missed Joe Lanza's rant that literally described how Cody since day 1 of the company has done nothing but try to get others over. The Double J and Triple H comparisons are not only lazy and wide of the mark but show a total lack of fundamental understanding in basic pro wrestling booking psychology.

I wonder will we get Rampage and the quarterly specials on AEW plus? I'd say the sub fee will go up if we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Put Cody over?"

Because everyone puts Cody over right? :confused:

Such a silly statement consider all Cody has done has put people over.

Delighted Andrade is All Elite. Top level signing.

They should have swapped around the Henry and Andrade debuts. Would have been a lot better having Andrade come out in front of the hot full capacity crowd.

• Advertisement

I sometimes wonder do some wrestling fans actually watch wrestling at all or do they just try to make statements now to be edgy.

Advertisement