Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,018 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 60,483 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm trying to think who I'd love to see his first match against and it's Pac however I doubt that will happen.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1402989043688689673?s=20

I think his first match against Frankie would be a great watch

If they sign Tommy End & Thea Trinidad and don't have them come in as T N T they are missing a trick :D:pac:

Tommy N Thea live on TNT it writes itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone should slap Khan and say "No!" whenever he gets within 10ft of a microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Meltzer reporting that Omega is working injured at the moment, including an athletic hernia, and is in a lot of pain.

He said Omega has even had days recently when he's thought about hanging up the boots! Hopefully a bit more life left in the tank before he gets to that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Meltzer reporting that Omega is working injured at the moment, including an athletic hernia, and is in a lot of pain.

He said Omega has even had days recently when he's thought about hanging up the boots! Hopefully a bit more life left in the tank before he gets to that stage.

He should drop the title to Mark Henry. He's got a lot left in the tank...

Dave also reporting that there is a strong belief that Tommy End is on his way to AEW.

Not a done deal as such as it can't be till his 90 days is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

At the Fan Fest Kenny did a segment on the podcast and was mostly out of character. He did mention the injuries and that he strongly considered giving up alright and it did seem sincere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Come on now, let's not take wrestlers seriously about retirement. We all know Kenny will still be doing matches in 15 years.

Hopefully Taz recovers speedily

Been absolute Stellar for AEW

Christian vs Angelico was great.

Cody's announcement his tag partner next week will be Brock Anderson, Arn's son the Anderson name continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,940 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the Pinnacle needs a new limo company anyway if they can't even apply the name to the front right. Looked very rushed.

Are they allowed to refer to Christian by first name only or do they have to say "Christian Cage" each time? I was just thinking now and can't be bothered going back to the segments to see what they said. :)

I enjoyed that show, the opening match was terrific

Miro showing why he's such a beast and the best thing in AEW for me

Going to be very interesting what happens with Brian Cage now and must mean Starks has to be close to coming back. Really looking forward how this goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really liked the main event, the Cage implosion from Team Taz has been really well done. Taz should strip Cage of the FTW title and bestow it upon it's rightful owner Hook!

Miro is great, still think he's the best thing in AEW right now. Thought the trios match was good too and I like Kazarian in the Elite hunter role. Some exciting stuff on the horizon too, JB/Omega and the eventual FTR/Santana & Ortiz matches should both be great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So has Jungle Boy ditched his old mates? Now that he's got a title shot he's too good for them? What a heel :pac:

Miro on his back choking out Evil Uno while waving at -1 and the rest of the Dark Order is why I love wrestling.

Christian might turn out to be the best of all the signings in pure wrestling terms as he is showing off the talent of the mid card roster in 15 minute wrestling matches. He really is backing up the Out, Work, Everyone gimmick.

Say what you want about Cody but he is working with a lot lesser names than he needs too and helping them get a bigger spotlight Ogogo, Comoroto, Solow and now Arn's son.

Can wait for Pac and Eddie to turn on each other and until then they are putting on great matches with the Bucks every week and Cutler is playing his role perfectly in all this.

I love the Kazarian Elite Hunter gimmick and it would be a great way to introduce Tommy End as well joining Kazarian as another Hunter.

The Inner Circle vs The Pinnacle stuff is what it is and has some great tag and individual matches there which need to start now and stay away from the gang warfare stuff for a few months.

I'm really like The Men of the Year stuff with Page & Sky the perfect amount of arrogance that can be backed up as of now and you know it will get to the stage where they won't be able to back it up and that will be the pay off.

I wonder are they getting ready now to start a program between Allin and Sting.

The Team Taz stuff has been constantly some of the best in AEW over the last year and Cage is ready now to break away.

Coulson is there ever anything you don't love on AEW? :)

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think the Pinnacle needs a new limo company anyway if they can't even apply the name to the front right. Looked very rushed.

Are they allowed to refer to Christian by first name only or do they have to say "Christian Cage" each time? I was just thinking now and can't be bothered going back to the segments to see what they said. :)

They can call him either.

U6hmgSa.jpg

"Has lost all sense of time"

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

AEW has lost a little of it's luster for me the last two Dynamites and I say this as someone who spent a fortune going to some of the recent events.

Blood and Guts should have been it for the IC and Pinnacle - the intensity that night was something else. QT should go away and while I respect that Cody is trying to do something to get the new lads over, he needs a meatier feud. The time he and Brandi got beat down by the Dark Order is one of my favourite TV wrestling moments in the last few years - would love him to be involved with something with that level of intensity again.

Miro though is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭ThePott

I agree, the last two shows have been a bit lacklustre. I will say this week's was a step-up from last week though.
    Some decent stuff this week but still seems like they're on autopilot a bit and seems it might be that way till they're back in their usual slot.
    July looks insane though.

Yeah definitely a step up from last week but still nothing that was go out of your way to watch. It was grand though.

They're really dragging pinnacle/inner circle out. Would have loved to have seen inner circle break up at Stadium Stampede. Never been a big fan of the stable and hate most of their segments. I do like Santana and Ortiz though and would like to see them go off on their own.

I noticed Marko Stunt and Luchasaurus weren't on the match graphic for the world title match. Getting Jungle boy away from Stunt would be great.

First show back with fans in an arena and they announce Cody Vs QT... That'll put butts in seats... Don't know what's worse, Inner circle Vs pinnacle or nightmare family Vs the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think these last shows have been suffering cos of the time and day change. It sort of feels like AEW are just spinning the wheels to get through it and it'll pick up in July when they get to go back to their normal schedule and build to the next PPV.

Hopefully the addition of the special events will give them a bit more direction as the 3 month gap between PPVs at the moment sort of gives you slow weeks at the start of the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

My heart skipped a beat when Cody said his partner was going to be "Brock..". Logically, obviously, if they got that Brock they're not going to introduce him like that but just for a split second I thought maybe. Arn's son is the spit of him.

Mark Henry saying he wants Braun to come to AEW and there's interest on both sides :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I believe Meltzer was reporting that Alesteir Black/Tommy End is likely to go there too.

Advertisement