Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Cass wrote: »
    What is he scheming? Criticising his own lockdown then voting to extend it and saying how surprised he is that people have accepted the violation of their civil liberties (another conspiracy theory proved right).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1399753238279249922

Its coming up to the half way point of this Government and will soon be time for Leo to take the reigns. Is he planning on sacrificing FF for the remainder of the Government's term to increase FGs popularity and try win back votes?

Cannot stand the guy, love to see the back of him forever. Something about him gets right up my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Richard308 wrote: »
    Really? (Nypd guarding graffiti)I missed that (have you a link) what with sky high taxes and tough gun laws, crazy property prices it’s no wonder people are leaving

Here ya go...I'm sure you'll find something to find fault with them.:rolleyes:

https://thepostmillennial.com/nyc-mayor-mural-police-guarding

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/as-crime-in-new-york-including-murders-skyrocket-de-blasio-has-27-officers-a-day-guarding-black-lives-matter-mural/

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/de-blasio-heckled-painting-blm-mural-outside-of-trump-tower/ "commissioned" and painted by the idiot Mayor himself

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

tudderone wrote: »
    Something about him gets right up my nose.

I think its his smugness.

Whether he is in the right or wrong (usually the latter) he has that "you can do nothing to me" smug grin. Same in Dáil debates. Him and other Ministers sit there with the "you're boring me" smug grin while opposition TDs point out the unfairness of whatever scheme they [Government] want to impose.

He spends hundreds of thousands on spin doctors, seems more concerned with his public image than doing his job, and has openly said he is a federalist and backs the EU 100%. So he would be prepared to surrender Sovereignty to the EU if such a situation came up.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Have a look at the Tenderloin district in San Francisco :eek:, i thought Ireland had a drugs issue, but nothing like that.

Annnddd guess whose constituency SF is?... Step fwd Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi and Sen Dianne Feinstein:mad:
    Glad I saw it back in the 80s and early 90s ,before it went into a complete tailspin.:( Think the only thing that will sort out the coastal cities of CA,is "the Big One" .IE a massive earthquake and tsunami to wipe it all off the face of the map, and start over.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Cannot stand the guy, love to see the back of him forever. Something about him gets right up my nose.

Met him once in the Dail with a delegation on a local issue when he was minister for transport.Yup, as bad in person as in the media. Reminds me of greasy 2nd hand car salesmen with his oily voice and fake charm.Limp soft handshake too, like squeezing a glove full of jelly.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Came across this dish from a top restaurant. Called Bambi's mum. Pepper crusted venison. Beetroot. Mushroom. The shotgun cartridge is a buckwheat seasoning.

Once upon a time there was a young deer 🦌 that lost his mum.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Met him once in the Dail with a delegation on a local issue when he was minister for transport.Yup, as bad in person as in the media. Reminds me of greasy 2nd hand car salesmen with his oily voice and fake charm.Limp soft handshake too, like squeezing a glove full of jelly.:D

A greasy, secondhand car salesman ? He'll be around the world of Irish politics for decades so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

No grizzly, zero fault, can’t believe they wasted 27 police officers a day to protect what is essentially road markings. An absolute joke, it would take some time and serious effort to remove it. I doubt anyone would bother. I’m sure a cctv camera would suffice.
    Can you imagine that happening here? (Can’t think of anything)

I find him unbelievably arrogant and condescending. And the leaking of the documents (big file marked top secret) he claimed weren’t secret and still does. I think coveney is waiting in the long grass for him, not the time yet

No grizzly, zero fault, can’t believe they wasted 27 police officers a day to protect what is essentially road markings. An absolute joke, it would take some time and serious effort to remove it. I doubt anyone would bother. I’m sure a cctv camera would suffice.
    Can you imagine that happening here? (Can’t think of anything)

Thats not a mural, it IS graffiti though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

A greasy, secondhand car salesman ? He'll be around the world of Irish politics for decades so :(

To be fair that sums up most Irish politicians no?:D

Thats not a mural, it IS graffiti though.

Graffiti has some artistic theme. That’s just a sign. Couldnt class it as art or a mural. Graffiti is a level above that in most instances. So what some one threw paint over it. Power wash it off. 27 police employed a day. Waste of tax payers money. Did it get a permit/planning

To be fair that sums up most Irish politicians no?:D

Most yes, but not all.

27 police employed a day. Waste of tax payers money.
    At the same time as he told NYPD that he was cutting overtime and their budget by $352 million. But not for this, overtime for this was fine.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

At the same time as he told NYPD that he was cutting overtime and their budget by $352 million. But not for this, overtime for this was fine.

Directly elected mayor. Jeez they’ve some beauts, de Blasio and cuomo.

Directly elected mayor. Jeez they’ve some beauts, de Blasio and cuomo.

Its the same in a lot of places. London, which used to be a fantastic city, is run by Khan, who was just reelected a few weeks ago, and the place has gone to hell in a handcart. Scooter gangs, drugs gangs, knife crime out of control, but hey he is down with the lgbtq-eiei-o people and the yoof.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9646265/Dozens-riot-police-descend-Brixton-shooting-stabbing.html

See that Kelly McMillan, founder and owner of McMillan rifle stocks passed away.

Wow. Was reading a letter his Daughter released. He took ill on May 21st, was air lifted to hospital on the 28th and passed on June 1st.

No previous illness, no previous symptoms. She said they are still waiting on results as to what exactly it was but preliminary answers are it was thought it was a Liver but seems to be a rare blood disorder.

When I read about his death I was shocked. Not that I knew the man, but that he was on his talk show and social media up to the day he took ill. It came out of the blue and happened so fast. I initially thought it was a prank, in obvious poor taste, but not so.

A guy in the UK jailed for 5 years for owning three legal books :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

A guy in the UK jailed for 5 years for owning three legal books :confused:

Utterly bizarre and despicable.
    One of the reasons I despise broad laws(ie every Irish one), they always end up being abused.

Wonder how it'll go on appeal, since another(presumably not another left wing nutter) judge will adjudicate that.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Another reason to avoid the UK entirely if possible.
    Place isn't the cradle of modern democracy anymore,rather a nasty police state best described as "china lite"

• Advertisement

Another reason to avoid the UK entirely if possible.
    Place isn't the cradle of modern democracy anymore,rather a nasty police state best described as "china lite"

Do you thinks its going to be any different here ?

Do you thinks its going to be any different here ?

Inevitably we seem to take the most authoritarian laws and practices from the UK, Canada, Aus, etc so it'll happen here too.
    Like those bloody hate speech laws :mad:

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Utterly bizarre and despicable.
    One of the reasons I despise broad laws(ie every Irish one), they always end up being abused.

Wonder how it'll go on appeal, since another(presumably not another left wing nutter) judge will adjudicate that.

I don't think the judge is the nutter in this case

Sentencing someone for possession of a few books?
    Abhorrent books and interests in his collection yes, but there is nothing wrong with simply possessing such things.
    Nor is it illegal to have extremist beliefs.

But seemingly combine the two and that results in a 5 year jail sentence?

Innocent until proven guilty is still supposedly a thing, and thought crime is meant to be a dystopian nightmare, not reality.

While I disagree with his beliefs I certainly think it is utterly despicable for the judge to sentence him under an extremely broad law when the guy had no intent, and the prosecution did not prove any intent, to act upon any of his beliefs in an illegal manner.

No victim, no crime committed bar that broad anti terrorism legislation which could realistically be used to convict anyone.
    That isn't right and for a judge to ensure that drastic a miscarriage of justice which results in a 5 year prison sentence, yes, I'll call that judge a nutter.

Maybe your man is too, but he didn't hurt anyone. The judge has.

Why ? What did he do ? I watched a documentary on Rudolf Hess earlier and actually felt sorry for him in Spandau prison towards the end of his life. Does that make me a right wing nutter ? You can buy Mein Kampf in Easons, i walked past it the other day, they had about five copies of it on the shelf. If you were stopped outside after buying a copy, what laws would you have broken ?

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Inevitably we seem to take the most authoritarian laws and practices from the UK, Canada, Aus, etc so it'll happen here too.
    Like those bloody hate speech laws :mad:

Have a look at Scotland and Humza Yousaf :eek:.

No, we aren't that mental yet in Ireland thankfully.
    As for the books, they are pretty tame, and rather stupid if you were to try the Anarchist cookbook recipes,you will probably be like that half-blinded, hooks for hands, hate preacher,late of Finsbury mosque UK. Who lost his mitts and eyesight mucking about with IEDs in Afghanistan. Gotta question the sanity of that book,that one chapter is on about making Class A drugs, and the next about making improvised explosive substances, and giving you very dangerous processes to do so as well.:eek:

But seriously,ALL this info and books are public domain knowledge and dated at that too. Yeah,the guy might collect Nazi memorabilia,and have books you can get online to download,but this really is being fitted up for nothing apart from having odd views and reading material

At least we still have a somewhat presumption of innocence here,plus no sane P/R/C IRA terrorist is going to have a stack of books like this sitting at home on his bookshelf.:rolleyes:
    As for nutter judges,we have some liberal tosser that lets paedophiles and rapists off with a stern talking to.So yeah, those exist here too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Why ? What did he do ? I watched a documentary on Rudolf Hess earlier and actually felt sorry for him in Spandau prison towards the end of his life. Does that make me a right wing nutter ? You can buy Mein Kampf in Easons, i walked past it the other day, they had about five copies of it on the shelf. If you were stopped outside after buying a copy, what laws would you have broken ?

But it didn't inspire you to go out a get a Nazi tattoo or ring up the KKK and ask them to send you a certificate right?

I don't agree he should be sent to prison either, but he's definitely a nutter and should at least have been put on a watchlist.

Someone in the judical powers in California with a lick of sense...In a long time...nice one judge!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57368211

• Advertisement

As for nutter judges,we have some liberal tosser that lets paedophiles and rapists off with a stern talking to.So yeah, those exist here too.

A guy gets off burning down two buildings because the judge is worried about the affects being locked up would have on his mental health !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9654811/Arsonist-19-avoids-jail-torching-two-buildings-dared-friend.html

Advertisement