Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

I won an Amazon e gift card, Is it possible to sell it back to Amazon or cash it in somehow.

I don't use Amazon. Anyone familiar with it please let me know how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Why can't you just use it? Surely you can find something you want there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there is no way to redeem an amazon voucher for cash. You would have to sell it to somebody.

there is no way to redeem an amazon voucher for cash. You would have to sell it to somebody.

I just ended up using it last night **** I didn't need.

I ordered an e scooter off Amazon last night and delivery time is showing as 9th to the 15th. Surely shipping from UK shouldn't take that long.

Has anyone much experience with Amazon will it be on the earlier side of estimation of closer to the 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

LMHC wrote: »
    I ordered an e scooter off Amazon last night and delivery time is showing as 9th to the 15th. Surely shipping from UK shouldn't take that long.

Has anyone much experience with Amazon will it be on the earlier side of estimation of closer to the 15th

If don't have Prime it can take a good bit longer but the problem can be that the item is not in stock in a warehouse that delivers directly to Ireland. So what can happen is they wait for it to be in stock in a warehouse that will deliver to Ireland.

Other suggestions welcome :confused:

Wake me up when it's all over.

If don't have Prime it can take a good bit longer but the problem can be that the item is not in stock in a warehouse that delivers directly to Ireland. So what can happen is they wait for it to be in stock in a warehouse that will deliver to Ireland.

Other suggestions welcome :confused:

Flipping heck I thought it said earlier before I finalised buy now.

Flipping heck I thought it said earlier before I finalised buy now.

If its a problem then just cancel.

If its a problem then just cancel.

If I cancel will I have funds available straight away

If I cancel will I have funds available straight away

Depends how you paid. I rarely if ever get charged until the item is dispatched but some people seem to get charged as soon as they order.

May be a divide between paying by Debit Card - charged right away or Credit Card charged on dispatch but that still doesn't always work.

However Amazon have never charged me for an item that is on back order.

• Advertisement

Depends how you paid. I rarely if ever get charged until the item is dispatched but some people seem to get charged as soon as they order.

May be a divide between paying by Debit Card - charged right away or Credit Card charged on dispatch but that still doesn't always work.

However Amazon have never charged me for an item that is on back order.

I used 175 off a gift card and 500 off me debit card

Have you checked with your bank?

Amazon are one of the better companies for refunds.

Have you checked with your bank?

Amazon are one of the better companies for refunds.

It says my package was shipped today at 1.17 but arrival is down as 15th how is that like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It says my package was shipped today at 1.17 but arrival is down as 15th how is that like.

Have you checked if it is actually coming from the UK in the tracking, a lot of items are actually coming from warehouses in Germany and France.

I have had items come from France, then into Germany and then on to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Xenji wrote: »
    Have you checked if it is actually coming from the UK in the tracking, a lot of items are actually coming from warehouses in Germany and France.

If the delivery is by Amazon it usually comes quicker. If it is DPD it is probably accurate

Xenji wrote: »

Coming shipping is in ilford and says royal mail are handling shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Coming shipping is in ilford and says royal mail are handling shipping.

That sounds like a third party seller. You might have to pay import charges.

VG31 wrote: »
    That sounds like a third party seller. You might have to pay import charges.

Can I cancel after shipped.

Can I cancel after shipped.

No but you can refuse delivery, then wait for a refund.

No but you can refuse delivery, then wait for a refund.

Is it definitely a third party do you think ? I sent the seller a message waiting for reply.

• Advertisement

Is it definitely a third party do you think ? I sent the seller a message waiting for reply.

Check the listing and your invoice. Both will say who the seller is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

If I order something on amazon U.K. for £250 do import charges cover customs duty aswell? Or will I pay that when it arrives

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    If I order something on amazon U.K. for £250 do import charges cover customs duty aswell? Or will I pay that when it arrives

If its sold by or fulfilled by amazon what you see at the checkout is what you pay with nothing extra and no nasty surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If its sold by or fulfilled by amazon what you see at the checkout is what you pay with nothing extra and no nasty surprises.

Does that stay the same after 1 July?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Does that stay the same after 1 July?

Yes, all that is happening is that VAT will be due on anything entering the EU, whereas now VAT is only due where the value is more than €22.

The statement "If its sold by or fulfilled by amazon what you see at the checkout is what you pay with nothing extra and no nasty surprises." will still be true after that date. Amazon will still be collecting VAT at the point of sale where it is sold or fulfilled by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes, all that is happening is that VAT will be due on anything entering the EU, whereas now VAT is only due where the value is more than €22.

The statement "If its sold by or fulfilled by amazon what you see at the checkout is what you pay with nothing extra and no nasty surprises." will still be true after that date. Amazon will still be collecting VAT at the point of sale where it is sold or fulfilled by them.

Great, that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

I use Amazon UK a lot for music, BDs and books - can't risk other UK retailers anymore given that some of them don't deduct UK VAT and use couriers to ship (not disclosed upfront) which results in expensive handling fees and the addition of Irish VAT.

How do I know if import or VAT is due on order?

How do I know if import or VAT is due on order?

Is your item sold by or fulfilled by Amazon if yes then no import duty or VAT. If its from a third party seller then you will probably pay import duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I was wondering cos the import fees on the amazon page are what the vat would be, it’s a hard drive if it makes a difference and it’s sold by amazon

• Advertisement

Is your item sold by or fulfilled by Amazon if yes then no import duty or VAT. If its from a third party seller then you will probably pay import duty.

I've no idea what sold or fulfilled by Amazon is. I have 2 different sellers on says delivery by royal mail the other says delivery by Amazon.

Advertisement