Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yr.no app giving 15mm for my area tomorrow and now suddenly only giving 1mm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Yr.no app giving 15mm for my area tomorrow and now suddenly only giving 1mm!!!

The very nature of weather apps, in a showery set up it is impossible to give an exact rain estimate for an exact location. Generalisations don't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

pauldry wrote: »
    Forecast should read

Temperatures 18 to 22c but only 10 to 13c in the West.

Its bloody cold today.
    Going to start a record of Summer 2021 today for Sligo and see how to rate it at the end.

So far day 1 cuck.

24 Deg here in the sunny southeast (Carlow).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

jackrussel wrote: »
    Wasn’t the best of starts today in cork city with all the cloud cover but it’s turned out to be a fine day with plenty of sun.

Haven't seen a bit of it today due to work but the weather station topped out at 19.7c this lunchtime. So close!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Another beautiful day in Meath, warmer and sunnier than yesterday. Temperature about 20C but feels more like 23C. Had lunch outside earlier and will probably have dinner in the garden again this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Still nudging a warm 19c in Arklow,I wonder what the morning will bring ⚡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yes it’s been absolutely beautiful in Meath today! Still really warm and sunny at the back garden enjoy every minute that I can:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely evening in Dublin 16. Clear blue sky/no wind. Feeling humid. 19.6c atm. High of 22.1c today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Damp overcast morning here in Tralee, eased off around midday giving 5.2mm, stayed overcast with a humid feel . Only got up to 13.2C and down to 10.8C, feeling cool and damp now, putting on the heating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful evening in Wexford. Some high level cloud to the south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Damp overcast morning here in Tralee, eased off around midday giving 5.2mm, stayed overcast with a humid feel . Only got up to 13.2C and down to 10.8C, feeling cool and damp now, putting on the heating!

:eek:

Smashing day in East Cork again, skies cleared around lunchtime and it has been glorious since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Cool, dark and windy in Letterkenny as well with some rain this morning. Felt like March again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭appledrop

Beautiful evening here in NCD.

I was straight out the back after work , relaxing in sun for evening .

Jaysys the heating! Wow it must be freezing there.

We are sweating here had to leave window open in my son's room as it was like a sauna when he was going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

Lovely day in Dun Laoghaire, especially the evening.

Went for a swim in Sandycove - water still pretty chilly but felt lovely relaxing and drying off on the sand after.

Feel sorry for those further West. Looks like East is best over the next few days. Hopefully things will improve for everyone next week.

However I do remember temps of up to 20º late March and early April further West while the East stayed around 12º - so it all evens out usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Still a balmy 16 degrees here in East Cork, flat calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 feckwunker

The room is like a blast furnace here in Waterford. So warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭sporina

Woo hoo..well, after that basket case of a month May, I didn't think we would get any real summer heat at all.. but low and behold, June 1st - 1st day of Summer meteorologically, and today was proper balmy! Ist of the year for me - proper T Shirt weather! Well, April 26th was proper warm but not not sure if it beat today..

Forecast is bad I know but there is still hope - today showed me that.
    Don't go bursting my bubble now folks! (wink emoji)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

appledrop wrote: »
    Jaysys the heating! Wow it must be freezing there.

We are sweating here had to leave window open in my son's room as it was like a sauna when he was going to bed.

Had my heating on as well. North kerry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The GFS pub run is rolling out, bit of a heat wobble going on with mid to possibly high 20s after next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Haven't seen a bit of it today due to work but the weather station topped out at 19.7c this lunchtime. So close!

“The cork weather bot” got up to 19.2 yesterday & only went down to 12.6 during last night. It’s based near watergrasshill if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't sleep a wink last night with the bedroom at 26 degrees and a dawn chorus at 4am.

Cooler start today at 16 degrees currently in kildare with thundershowers expected after lunch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Didn't sleep a wink last night with the bedroom at 26 degrees and a dawn chorus at 4am.

Cooler start today at 16 degrees currently in kildare with thundershowers expected after lunch.

26 degrees? Have earplugs for noise but woke up at 4:30 with it brightening, need to get blackout curtains.

Another stunning morning here in NCD, already 18 degrees. Unbelievable, especially as rain forecast fir today.

I'll be running out of work summer clothes at this rate!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I knew it would be raining this morning but I'm still annoyed to wake up and find rain anyways.

Nice here in Arklow but downhill in a few hours*
    * unless theres thunder

Warm morning here too 17.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

Grey, cool and raining here in West Clare, miserable weather in winter nevermind summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

jackrussel wrote: »
    “The cork weather bot” got up to 19.2 yesterday & only went down to 12.6 during last night. It’s based near watergrasshill if I remember correctly

Mine bottomed out at 12.3c at about 140am. Based in Cobh.

1.3mm of rain this morning, second day of summer not so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A carbon copy of yesterday in Castlebar, wet and cool again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭4Ad

Grey, cool and raining here in East Clare also..lovely looking mist over the hills..

Advertisement