Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Firefly fly high tonight if entered :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kicking off in about 15 mins with the first of TWO category reveals tonight...

TV Themes coming your way at 7pm!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 13th place with 4 points

The purple tin

Tangerine Dream - La Parc LA (Streethawk theme)

Little bit too generic for me, with no big payoff or anything. It’s decent, but not brilliant imo.

In 12th place with 5 points

Sawduck

Total Drama Island - Theme Song

Never heard of this show, it’s a decent theme mind.

In 11th place with 6 points

Irish Aris

The Dandy Warhols - We Used To Be Friends (Veronica Mars)

Never watched Veronica Mars but did recognise the song. It’s grand, a little bit underwhelming for a theme imo but not bad at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pretty sure the VM theme and the Sopranos come up in Everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Back driving this week... any chance of a late revision??? ;)

:D

It's interesting, when I entered I struggled to think of driving songs, but being in the car again (for 10+ hours) this week after not driving for 7+ weeks I suddenly have a host of better (IMO) inspiration... Will be curious how my original choice did.

In 10th place with 7 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Natasha Bedingfield – Unwritten (The Hills)

A nice little track, I do like some of Natasha’s stuff. Never seen The Hills mind but a good choice for a theme.

In 9th place with 8 points

Barna77

Neon Genesis Evangelion Intro

Some nice anime action up next. Haven’t heard of this show. Dragonball Z has a cracking theme too, as do a lot of the anime shows in fairness….

Do Natasha and Daniel Bedingfield make music anymore?

I am a fan of both, some great catchy tunes

• Advertisement

In 8th place with 9 points

Kolido

The Racoons - Closing theme

Nice 80s classic next, good call pushing on the nostalgia there. I do remember being hooked watching the ending credits of this show which is quite rare these days.

Necro wrote: »

Barna77

Some nice anime action up next. Haven’t heard of this show.

You should check it out. I'm no expert in anime but I found it gripping. It is a complete and utter mindfúck, though.....but in a good way (mostly).

In 7th place with 10 points

Trigger

Pratt & McClain - Happy Days

Sunday Monday Happy Days! Tuesday Wednesday Happy Days! Ah you get the point. I’m intrigued that you sent a different version to the theme but it’s still great obviously. Familiarity again an obvious issue. But still worthy of a higher ranking imo.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do Natasha and Daniel Bedingfield make music anymore?

I am a fan of both, some great catchy tunes

She does, don't think he does though.

In 6th place with 11 points

Cee_jay

Agatha All Along (WandaVision)

A cool recent entry next, this was really enjoyable in WandaVision and does well here as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Barna77

Some nice anime action up next. Haven’t heard of this show. Dragonball Z has a cracking theme too, as do a lot of the anime shows in fairness….
    I had another song lined up and this was a last minute change.

Watching Dragon Ball super and it has a catchy intro too, but man Evangelion has the catchiest song ever. Happy song for a "depressing" show.

I didn't know it was so popular in Japan, like even their army band has performed it :D

In 5th place with 12 points

Deleted User

Vonda Shephard - Searchin' My Soul (Ally McBeal)

Banging theme tune from a very under-rated TV show imo. Great choice.

In 7th place with 10 points

Trigger

Pratt & McClain - Happy Days

Sunday Monday Happy Days! Tuesday Wednesday Happy Days! Ah you get the point. I’m intrigued that you sent a different version to the theme but it’s still great obviously. Familiarity again an obvious issue. But still worthy of a higher ranking imo.

Woops did I :pac: not my intention

Deleted User

I'd forgotten this one, TUNE, cheers for the reminder :D

Homer J. Fong

Two great soundtrack albums for a great quirky show, RDJ (Ironman) can sing

I thought it was getting a reboot set around Ally's daughter

• Advertisement

In 4th place with 13 points

Ari101

Angel Opening Theme

Short, sweet and to the point. Does exactly what is necessary very well though, I do enjoy this theme a lot. Angel is great, again a very under-rated show.

And that brings us to our remaining 6….

ShaneU - he likes to live dangerously, you see ;)

fixXxer - another walk on the wild side for fix.. is it a good walk or is he walking the plank though?

Necrina - second appearance here for Necrina, will this one be as joyful as her first round appearance?

Deja Boo - second time in a row for Deja, will she fare better here... or worse?

JP Liz V1 - same for Liz, better, worse... or the same as before?

And….

Electric Nitwit - previously won the musical category, will it be a second victory? Will he ever be online at the same time as the reveal to find out? :pac::pac:

In 4th place with 13 points

Ari101

Angel Opening Theme

Short, sweet and to the point. Does exactly what is necessary very well though, I do enjoy this theme a lot. Angel is great, again a very under-rated show.

Glad you likes, I'd already used Cold Case on Rikand and CSI NY somewhere else so this was next to come to mind :pac:
    I love this show and have always had a soft spot for the theme, even more so than the Buffy one. I did a full in order rewatch of both these shows... was it last year??? And I still love them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Electric Nitwit - previously won the musical category, will it be a second victory? Will he ever be online at the same time as the reveal to find out? :pac::pac:
    No :p

(keeping half an eye on it on my mobile but will have to check in properly later :))

I'm not confident

In 14th place with 3 points

fixXxer

Red Dwarf – Main Theme

Maybe this might resonate with me if I was a fan of Red Dwarf, but I’m not… at all. Just seemed very boring to me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Last place incoming.

In 3rd place with 14 points

Electric Nitwit

Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene (TFI Friday)

Great choice this, loved this track back in the day.

Edited this evening to add: Yeah my comments on the TV Show themes are a bit lazy, sorry folks I was cranky when writing them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

fixXxer

Red Dwarf – Main Theme

Maybe this might resonate with me if I was a fan of Red Dwarf, but I’m not… at all. Just seemed very boring to me unfortunately.

Smeg! :p

• Advertisement

fixXxer

Red Dwarf – Main Theme

Man I LOVE Red Drawf! What an absolute brilliant show that was in its hey day..

Advertisement