Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Necro wrote: »
    In 4th place with 13 points

Ari101

Wicked! - Defying Gravity

This is an incredible vocal performance from an incredibly fun musical. Great entry, I must get onto the director to revive Wicked when we get back to doing the ould pantos. Necro defying gravity seems like it needs to happen :D

Delighted you liked it, really wasn't sure how this round would go. It brings back such good memories for me, my first proper West End show :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And that brings us right up to our remaining 6, in no particular order:

The purple tin (again)
    Electric Nitwit
    Cee_jay
    ShaneU (again
    ) - 4 top 3s in a row on the cards perhaps....
    Barna77

And…

Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Both are in the film, but I wonder if Clint really sang himself
    Cool, ta JP!
    ... oh, I really must watch the film, it looks good!

I can't decide if it sounds like Clint or not, but IMDB trivia says he did "Jean Seberg's singing voice was dubbed by Anita Gordon. Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin did their own singing. Marvin's recording of the song "Wanderin' Star" went to number one on the U.K. charts, earning him a gold record."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

See you all tomorrow folks….

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love The Greatest Showman

I am waiting on Wolverine the Musical now :p

See you all tomorrow folks….

That's a long pee break :p

In 14th place with 3 points

Barna77

West Side Story – Tonight

Feel like I’m committing musical sacrilege here but I just never liked this song at all :/ Unfortunate for the entrant but my opinion has not changed on multiple listens…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

And here I was thinking I was redeeming myself

Barna77 wrote: »
    And here I was thinking I was redeeming myself

Don't worry about it, I'm a fussy old curmudgeon and everyone knows my opinion ain't worth a damn...

:D

• Advertisement

In 3rd place with 14 points

Cee_jay

Wait For It - Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton)

Capitalising on my new found love for Hamilton here :P Again it’s a bloody delicious vocal performance. There’s so much to appreciate about Hamilton if you do get the urge to watch it, very enjoyable from start to finish and this song really is a highlight. Any of the top three could have been winners on a different day, it was very very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We turned the Greatest Showman off after 30mins :pac:

Although the nieces love it and know all the songs :(

Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton) other musical In The Heights is coming to the big screen

In 15th place with 2 points

ShaneU

Sammy Davis Jr - Rhythm of Life

I just couldn’t click with this one at all, it’s catchy but just wasn’t my thing. Yeah, I think that’s the best way to describe it.

Just updated Barna's song there, I had the wrong youtube link in my word doc :o

I was listening to the one submitted mind you, just selected the wrong one when typing things up!

In 2nd Place with 15 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Walk Through The Fire (Once More With Feeling)

This is arguably the greatest musical episode by any TV show, ever – and certainly one of the strongest songs from the episode. Very unlucky to miss out on the top spot, I was torn on this one and another and they just swapped places on my last listen through.

In 16th place with 1 point

The purple tin

Iscariot Summons The Innkeeper - from AD/BC: A Rock Opera

Oh no… no no no. I really didn’t like this at all. *shudders* I mean it's certainly erm... different? But yeah... no. Sorry :o

Trigger wrote: »
    We turned the Greatest Showman off after 30mins :pac:
    Although the nieces love it and know all the songs :(

Try it again Trig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

LeVar other Buffy submitter?

How did you know? :D

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Try it again Trig ;)

I agree - I went to the cinema to see it, and came out thinking well that was a waste of time. Watched it again recently, and its quite good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Try it again Trig ;)

0002.gif

And in FIRST Place with 16 points

(And he's not even here to feckin enjoy it!!!)

Electric Nitwit

Drive it Like You Stole it - Sing Street

This is a cracking entry, would you believe I hadn’t seen Sing Street :eek: This entry basically changed that – what a CRACKING movie. Loved it. Anyways I just loved this a little bit more than the others in the top 3 which allowed it to pinch the win in this category.

(Werewolf players may understand what my rambling about it on Sunday evening last was now finally :pac: )

LeVar other Buffy submitter?

:pac:

And in FIRST Place with 16 points

(And he's not even here to feckin enjoy it!!!)

Electric Nitwit

Drive it Like You Stole it - Sing Street

This is a cracking entry, would you believe I hadn’t seen Sing Street :eek: This entry basically changed that – what a CRACKING movie. Loved it. Anyways I just loved this a little bit more than the others in the top 3 which allowed it to pinch the win in this category.

(Werewolf players may understand what my rambling about it on Sunday evening last was now finally :pac: )

And we thought you might have been tasking :p

So does Shane's result open up the top of the table or has someone else run away with it???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well done EN, great film and great soundtrack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not a fan of musicals, back to the REAL music please :pac:

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not a fan of musicals, back to the REAL music please :pac:

Nah let's stick with musicals, give the rest of us a chance :p

So our round table first.....

Position Name Song Score
    1st Electric Nitwit Drive It Like You Stole It - Sing Street 16
    2nd Also Starring LeVar Burton Cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Walk Through The Fire (from Once More With Feeling) 15
    3rd cee_jay Wait For It - Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton) 14
    4th ari101 Wicked! - Defying Gravity 13
    5th JP Liz V1 The Other Side - Hugh Jackman & Zac Efron 12
    6th fixXxer Buffy Musical - I've Got a Theory 11
    7th Kolido John Travolta And Olivia Newton John - You're The One That I Want 10
    8th Irish Aris Cell Block Tango (from Chicago) 9
    9th Sawduck Hair - I Got Life 8
    10th Deja Boo Lee Marvin - Wandering Star 7
    11th Trigger Come What May - Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman (Chicago) 6
    12th Necrina Amanda Seyfried - Thank You For The Music 5
    13th Homer J. Fong Zac Efron - Ladie's Choice (from Hairspray) 4
    14th Barna77 West Side Story - Tonight 3
    15th ShaneU Sammy Davis Jr - Rhythm of Life 2
    16th the purple tin Iscariot Summons The Innkeeper - from AD/BC: A Rock Opera 1

And how does that change our overall table??

Name Improved by Video Video Game Music Song from a genre not usually listened to Song from a Musical 90s Round TV Themes Driving Miss Walrus Scene Music In My Hometown Summer Choons Total
    Deja Boo 12 3 11 7 33
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 8 10 12 15 45
    Kolido 15 2 1 10 28
    ShaneU 16 14 14 2 46
    the purple tin 10 1 3 1 15
    Homer J. Fong 5 16 2 4 27
    Necrina 14 11 6 5 36
    JP Liz V1 12 15 5 12 44
    Sawduck 4 5 7 8 24
    cee_jay 13 13 4 14 44
    ari101 9 6 16 13 44
    Barna77 2 9 10 3 24
    Irish Aris 7 7 8 9 31
    Trigger 11 12 9 6 38
    fixXxer 3 4 15 11 33
    Electric Nitwit 6 8 13 16 43

Shane's lead is cut to a single point with LeVar gaining quite a bit of ground with that round.

ari, cee_jay, Liz and EN are all within a few points of the top there...

giphy.gif

As for the next round... well.... see the next post, cos y'all have a choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Strangely, the three other songs I had been considering entering for this category if I didn't go for Walk Through The Fire, were Drive It Like You Stole It, Wait For It, and Defying Gravity... What are the odds of not even just all of them being entered, but making up the Top 4... Crazy... :eek:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I can do the 90s Round RIGHT NOW....

OR

We can leave it at that for this evening and I'll do a double round tomorrow evening from an earlier time, whichever ye prefer.

tumblr_oe58tow99M1r239fno10_250.gif?resize=453%2C341&ssl=1

I'll let y'all mull that over whilst I pour myself a whiskey whilst Driving it like I Stole It (er... the song... not actually drinking and driving...)

Advertisement