Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub3k) of the week/day Part 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Thought the same myself, do well to get a grand for it.

Very well.. Gotta love a trier eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

KevRossi wrote: »
    Older (more reliable?) model, Audi A6 1.9 diesel estate, rarer with the Auto. Decent spec with leather and a few other bits. Still a nice elegant cruiser, but the silver is just bland.

NCT to 01/22 €2,000

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6/28150637

51206836118_7020b243cd_z.jpg

There was some number of these yokes imported into the country around 2007-ish. It's mad but if you go onto Donedeal every few weeks there's nearly always one or two low owner late spec imports to be found.

They're absolutely brilliant cars but if I was buying an auto one my biggest and immediate concern would be that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

KevRossi wrote: »
    Older (more reliable?) model, Audi A6 1.9 diesel estate, rarer with the Auto. Decent spec with leather and a few other bits. Still a nice elegant cruiser, but the silver is just bland.

NCT to 01/22 €2,000

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6/28150637

ZmQyMjhjZTgzYzEzMmMwMGJhMmE5NmY1OWIwOTgyOWKCILHKoy6B-79IIMFOPuzzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODA2MTUzMjF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Jeez you would not want to be sitting in the two very back seats if you had a rear shunt or crash. Imagine a kid sitting there and that happened. It could scar them for life.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would say they have the nicest interior of any 1.8 car for a grand.

My Alfa Romeo GT would disagree...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

AMKC wrote: »
    Jeez you would not want to be sitting in the two very back seats if you had a rear shunt or crash. Imagine a kid sitting there and that happened. It could scar them for life.

E class was same....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I remember being in the boot of a renault 5 that got rear ended, the kids in that yoke would be fine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No different for any of those 7 seaters, peoples heads are almost touching the rear glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Jacksie66. wrote: »

It is 1.7 really ;)

And most are in scrap yard now.

Lovely car, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

Jacksie66. wrote: »

You think so? The GT is full of plastic, you can't compare them to the e class. The brera on the other hand...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80/28228158?campaign=3

NDg2ZTAxNDU4YmE0M2E5YmFmYzhhMTJmNDQ4YmU1ODUuRBRlotbs3ViZ9KkxghDhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODE1NjA4OTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax 2.0 diesel S80 with nice spec and NCT til March next year, €1650

Potentially decent car for around the 15 mark if you can see past the miles. Same owner since 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Potentially decent car for around the 15 mark if you can see past the miles. Same owner since 2011

I saw this yesterday and if I was in the market, I’d have it. Does it have both heated AND cooled seats? I’m not familiar with Volvo buttons.

I’d be interested to know what the last button is for on the centre console too

Magown3 wrote: »
    I saw this yesterday and if I was in the market, I’d have it. Does it have both heated AND cooled seats? I’m not familiar with Volvo buttons.

Headrest isn't it, cooling seats possible

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, they looked to be cooled as well as heated front seat. The last buttom could be a massage function for the driver's seat?

NDg2ZTAxNDU4YmE0M2E5YmFmYzhhMTJmNDQ4YmU1ODUuRBRlotbs3ViZ9KkxghDhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODE1NjA4OTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

If only it was closer, I'd love that... Really would.
    Use to love driving them, the 2.4 petrol and diesel and 5 pots.... Loved the sound and sleepers they were too .,

Obviously that one not as quick but definitely would over the 1.6

Magown3 wrote: »

Yeah, they’re ventilated/cooled seats. A lot of people say they’re just a gimmick but they’re far from it IMO. A lovely option in any car, so much nicer on a warm day than having cold air blasted into your face!

Those Volvos did come with a massage function but I don’t know if that button on the bottom of the dash is it. Though with the spec on that car I wouldn’t be surprised if it did have the massage function too.

If only it was closer, I'd love that... Really would.
    Use to love driving them, the 2.4 petrol and diesel and 5 pots.... Loved the sound and sleepers they were too .,

Obviously that one not as quick but definitely would over the 1.6

The 2.4 diesel is a nice option in them because they’re only €570 to tax. A trader I know in Dublin had one for ages with a years test on it cheap, but I think it had about six months left again he sold it. Wasn’t as nice as the above car by a long shot though

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That button is for folding down the rear headrests.

Same as Merc so... So long since I've driven one

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Have had great craic with that on our XC70 - the headrests fly down smacking passengers on the back of the head!

zinzan wrote: »
    Have had great craic with that on our XC70 - the headrests fly down smacking passengers on the back of the head!

Whiplash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Whiplash

No

McCrack wrote: »
    No

Done it .any times in the e200

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I hate the interior of that Volvo, awful color.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I hate the interior of that Volvo, awful color.

Looks perfect to me, big soft wafter in relaxing, luxurious colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2004 renault clio petrol sport version

700 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23947336

2009 kia rio diesel

1550 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23944720

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Lol, good man kalkat, bring us back to bangernomics earth with a bang!

;-)

Lol, good man kalkat, bring us back to bangernomics earth with a bang!

;-)

In spain you have to survive with very little money

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

We were going all luxobarge there for a while.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-5-2004-full-history-only-25-000-miles/28271765

NGM1YmNhMmJhOGYzYzJiZmQyOThhYmVmZjE4ZTVjMGW5CgA7cb0OsKifyCuSxSOiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODIwOTI3MTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner 9-5 2.0t with 25k miles and 13 service stamps, NCT til February 2022 and tax til September of this year, €2000

This is absolutely lovely.

Advertisement