Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,080 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As I thought a very close call and fight.

I had it 114-112 Taylor. 6 rounds each..

Good fight..

Where does Taylor go now? Big JWW.

The best WWs I think would be too good and strong..

Taylor needs to tidy up his defence..

Gervonta fights soon at JWW for a belt I think..? Version of WBA!

I know he’s clearly smaller than Josh, but would love to see it

Throw in Teo as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭squinn2912

walshb wrote: »
    As I thought a very close call and fight.

I had it 114-112 Taylor. 6 rounds each..

Good fight..

Where does Taylor go now? Big JWW.

The best WWs I think would be too good and strong..

Taylor needs to tidy up his defence..

Gervonta fights soon at JWW for a belt I think..? Version of WBA!

I know he’s clearly smaller than Josh, but would love to see it

Throw in Teo as well...

I’m guilty of underestimating Taylor this long time but I think Gervonta is too good what a show that would be

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I’m guilty of underestimating Taylor this long time but I think Gervonta is too good what a show that would be

Conor Benn at WW would be entertaining..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Conor Benn at WW would be entertaining..

As a spectacle yea I’d fancy Taylor to have far too much of an inside game for him though. Then again he would get hit so would be interesting

squinn2912 wrote: »
    As a spectacle yea I’d fancy Taylor to have far too much of an inside game for him though. Then again he would get hit so would be interesting

Exactly what I was thinking..

Bit of a shootout possibly. Benn a good puncher, with speed and zip and variation..

Taylor would win if he can take it..

Jack Catterall is Josh’s WBO mandatory...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Yeah he'd need to drop a belt to avoid Catterall next. I'd say they'll make that a big homecoming fight in Scotland. Catterall a decent top 10 guy but realistically shouldn't pose Taylor any real issues.

Hopefully moves up to 147 after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Didnt really agree with Taylor acting the maggot beforehand trying to get into Ramirez's head by shoving him but it seemed to work. Fight started earlier than anticipated but a very good fight and thought the scoring at end was a wee bit too close as Taylor was never in any true danger and thought he should have gone for the kill after the second knockdown.

Taylor has that nice snappy jab and his movement caused problems too for the tough Mexican. Interestingly both fighters were listed as having the same height beforehand but this is clearly not the case as Taylor fought smart. Incredible what Taylor has achieved in such a short time in the game and after clearing out 140 his future should be going up to 147 now. The Crawford fight is what they both need in terms of exposure.

Heard a narrative that Kenny Bayless should have deducted Taylor a point and therefore it would have been a draw but that is a hometown analysis.

The promotion of the event was a joke as was the press conference after. There werent even tables and chairs as the fighters just stood around answering questions. This was an undisputed fight ffs.

Conor Benn mentioned here reminded me of watching Stevie McKenna's savage display the night before. The fight was over before it started as McKenna sauntered to the ring absolutely knowing of the destruction ahead. After he smartly called out Benn and said he's looking forward to dumping him on his back!

It is early yet of course but it is hard not to be excited about him and his brother so far. Staying out in LA and doing everything right will stand to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭megadodge

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Didnt really agree with Taylor acting the maggot beforehand trying to get into Ramirez's head by shoving him but it seemed to work. Fight started earlier than anticipated but a very good fight and thought the scoring at end was a wee bit too close as Taylor was never in any true danger and thought he should have gone for the kill after the second knockdown.

Taylor has that nice snappy jab and his movement caused problems too for the tough Mexican. Interestingly both fighters were listed as having the same height beforehand but this is clearly not the case as Taylor fought smart. Incredible what Taylor has achieved in such a short time in the game and after clearing out 140 his future should be going up to 147 now. The Crawford fight is what they both need in terms of exposure.

Heard a narrative that Kenny Bayless should have deducted Taylor a point and therefore it would have been a draw but that is a hometown analysis.

The promotion of the event was a joke as was the press conference after. There werent even tables and chairs as the fighters just stood around answering questions. This was an undisputed fight ffs.

Conor Benn mentioned here reminded me of watching Stevie McKenna's savage display the night before. The fight was over before it started as McKenna sauntered to the ring absolutely knowing of the destruction ahead. After he smartly called out Benn and said he's looking forward to dumping him on his back!

It is early yet of course but it is hard not to be excited about him and his brother so far. Staying out in LA and doing everything right will stand to them.

What was it that Bayless should have deducted him a point for?
    I honestly thought Bayless was very generous throughout to Ramirez.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Jason Quigley fighting this weekend, in very important fight for him. Andy Lee doesn't seem to have gone over to America, seems to have stayed in Dublin working with Parker and Paddy Donvan, also looks Katie doing some work him, judging by Instagram

Hopefully Quigley can get career back on track , this Saturday

Quigley in at circa 12 midnight tonight..

DAZN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Quigley will win.

Khalil Coe, U.S. at 175 lbs making pro debut on the Haney card.

Interested to see how he goes..

He knocked out/stopped Julio Cesar La Cruz (Joe Ward’s nemesis) at the 2018 Chemistry Cup in Germany..

Was delightful to see messer, La Cruz silenced..

Khalil Coe, U.S. at 175 lbs making pro debut on the Haney card.

Interested to see how he goes..

He knocked out/stopped Julio Cesar La Cruz (Joe Ward’s nemesis) at the 2018 Chemistry Cup in Germany..

Was delightful to see messer, La Cruz silenced..

Haven't seen Khalil (YouTube just now) looks very tidy. La Cruz a class act. Haney should stop Linares and Cameron to beat Hernandez in 3 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Anyone know what time quigley is due to fight at?

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Anyone know what time quigley is due to fight at?

Ring walk down for 00.20 Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ajsmiles

But Main card isn't listed to start till 1.00 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Delighted for Quigley. Fight was on a knife edge. Think he just about deserved the win.
    Big step up coming for him.

kneejerk wrote: »
    Delighted for Quigley. Fight was on a knife edge. Think he just about deserved the win.
    Big step up coming for him.

Very close but he just done enough.

Linares had Haney hurt at end of the 10th. Chicken leg walking back to his corner.

Haney wins, but he was exposes by Linares.

• Advertisement

Nonito Donaire!!!

Champ again...

Nonito Donaire!!!

Champ again...

What did you make of haney?

Ryan Garcia would beat him convincgly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Think Teofimo would bash Haney, seems to be a bit chinny after that one, didn’t react too well to any power shots he was hit with. Linares is a tough fùcker.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Haney pretty much bossed that fight but took him a while to recover from that shot at the end of the 10th. I don't think he'll stay in the pocket as much if he fights Tank, Teo or Loma.

Haney pretty much bossed that fight but took him a while to recover from that shot at the end of the 10th. I don't think he'll stay in the pocket as much if he fights Tank, Teo or Loma.

He wouldn't see 6 against Tank, Teo and Garcia beatnhim.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

He could outbox Garcia handy I think. That's probably the fight I want to see most between them. They both have strengths and weaknesses that could make it a great fight. Garcia has a decent chance of ko'ing him too though.

He could outbox Garcia handy I think. That's probably the fight I want to see most between them. They both have strengths and weaknesses that could make it a great fight. Garcia has a decent chance of ko'ing him too though.

10,11 and 12 last night he disrupted Linares. He held and ran. Garcia beats him IMO

LMHC wrote: »
    What did you make of haney?

Ryan Garcia would beat him convincgly.

I disagree. I think Haney dissects Garcia all night. Too clinical, disciplined and polished. Garcia is too raw..

Haney won well last night. Great variation, super jab and very accurate..

I disagree. I think Haney dissects Garcia all night. Too clinical, disciplined and polished. Garcia is too raw..

Haney won well last night. Great variation, super jab and very accurate..

Garcia's power I feel would put Haney in a world of trouble early on. Haney doesn't like nor can he take being hit.

• Advertisement

LMHC wrote: »
    Garcia's power I feel would put Haney in a world of trouble early on. Haney doesn't like nor can he take being hit.

That’s all he has, so. Puncher’s chance...

Garcia is a decent puncher. He’s not that good...

I think Haney is the type fighter that can prepare for all styles and adapt. Bit like Mayweather...

He’ll pepper Garcia from mid to long range all night. Too sharp and accurate. Starting the exchanges first..

Advertisement