Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I’m a huge fan of musicals of any description, it’s one of my bucket list items to go to a major Broadway production at some point.

But when it comes to the songs in them I do tend to lean towards the more popular films so I was hoping this round might give me some new options.

Some examples of what would have done well here below:

TV musical episodes would have worked here too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Really enjoying this reveal so far :)

Here's what i would have submitted to the computer games round ::

This was the song that really started me into loving Electronic music when I was less than 10 years old. I would just leave the game sitting on the loading screen for hours and hours on end listening to this over and over again :D

And all the rest of the music in the game is pretty awesome too! You can listen to it here ::

It's actually incredible the music that could be created on that chip for those C64 games. The Sound Chip was the best thing in those machines :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Rikand wrote: »
    Really enjoying this reveal so far :)

Here's what i would have submitted to the computer games round ::

This was the song that really started me into loving Electronic music when I was less than 10 years old. I would just leave the game sitting on the loading screen for hours and hours on end listening to this over and over again :D

And all the rest of the music in the game is pretty awesome too! You can listen to it here ::

Oh my god, I loved this game so much (it was probably the only game we owned too)! I was almost beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination as nobody I've ever met had ever played it or heard of it. 10/10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    In 4th place with 13 points Electric Nitwit
    Don't Stop Moving - S Club 7
    Always liked this track, even did a fundraising mime related dance to it. Thankfully all such evidence has been completely destroyed in a mysterious fire a few years ago…. :P Anyways yeah this was a real good entry and fitted the category well for the entrant given their normal tastes ;)
    Cheers Necro! I thought there was a good chance you'd like this ;)
    As you alluded to, I'm generally not a pop aficionado but I have a big soft spot for S Club 7, even saw them live once (it was a Radio 1 festival, I claimed I was there for Supergrass before them :D)
    In 5th place with 12 points Also Starring LeVar Burton
    DJ Fresh ft. Sian Evans (Radio Edit) – Louder

This is a cracking track again, I had heard it a couple of times in passing but just really enjoyed it every time it came on in the listen throughs. The last 30 secs or so are awesome as well
    Love this song! Sian Evans has a great voice. I was a massive Kosheen fan when I was younger in Bristol, they'll be making a walrus appearance very soon ;)

Noted a few of the others to have a listen to tomorrow hopefully, some very interesting looking choices :)

...also I'm getting muh second vaccine jab in the morning WOOOP!
    Nice one, that's great!
    I got my first last week and luckily it was Pfizer so not long until number two. My mum's fully vaccinated now and just come over (which is why I'm missing all these reveals!)
    First time I've seen her in 18 months, first time she's meeting her only grandson. She's missed half our daughter's life too, but will be here for her 3rd birthday next week. Really feels like the end of a pretty shït chapter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

No Tetris theme was entered, sadly. Would have done very well.

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo

Doo Doo DOOO Doo Doo Doo

Baby Shark ???

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

cee_jay wrote: »
    Oh my god, I loved this game so much (it was probably the only game we owned too)! I was almost beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination as nobody I've ever met had ever played it or heard of it. 10/10 for me.

Like pretty much everyone who had it, it came on a cartridge with 3 other games :: Klax, international soccer and fiendish freddy's big top o fun. My dad was addicted to klax. It's a pity he didnt get to play it too much because I was always constantly playing Flimbos Quest. Best. Game. Ever!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kicking off this at the regular time of 9pm tonight, have a few things on today so won't get on earlier than that :D

Evening all, will get rolling in about 5 mins or so for this round....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Evening all, will get rolling in about 5 mins or so for this round....

Ah I had a tick tock gif ready and all :p oh well, next time... ;)

I'm being forced to watch soccer... it would probably be unsociable to bugger off to another room, it being the first time home in 7+mths, so I'll not be able to listen to them properly as we go but will follow and catch up properly later :D

In 13th Place with 4 points

Deleted User

Zac Efron – Ladies’ Choice (from Hairspray)

I’m a big fan of Zac Efron, as is evident from the opening blurb ;) This round was quite difficult as it was harder to find songs I didn’t like. This is a nice song, I just preferred others in the round.

• Advertisement

In 12th place with 5 points

Necrina

Amanda Seyfried - Thank You For The Music (Mamma Mia)

I’m on the fence about Mamma Mia, on one hand I’m a fairly big ABBA fan, on the other hand I’m not particularly enamoured by the covers featured in the movies (I do say this never having watched the actual movie mind). This is perfectly fine but quite simply it’s always going to fail when I compare it to the original version. And this lacks the power of the original. It’s grand… just not great.

In 11th Place with 6 points

Trigger

Come What May - Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge)

A nice love song but a little bit slow for my tastes. Ewan in particular is very strong in this song. It just dragged on a little bit too much so ended up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'll take that, was expecting bottom 3 here!

In 11th Place with 6 points

Trigger

Come What May - Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge)

A nice love song but a little bit slow for my tastes. Ewan in particular is very strong in this song. It just dragged on a little bit too much so ended up here.

LOVE this song. Great choice!

cee_jay wrote: »
    LOVE this song. Great choice!

This might be my response to a lot of entries in this category :o

In 10th place with 7 points

Deja Boo

Lee Marvin - Wandering Star (Paint Your Wagon)

This went up and down the rankings like a yoyo with each listen. I do love the gruff tones of Marvin but again the song is just a bit… drab. In the end I figured this spot was a fair ranking for it.

Great tenor voice, very similar to my own (maybe why I don’t love it LOL) Very brave choice this mind, hat tipped!

In 9th place with 8 points

Sawduck

Hair - I Got Life

More upbeat number here which I do tend to lean into a lot, it’s an entertaining track. Enjoyed this!

In 8th place with 9 points

Irish Aris

Cell Block Tango (Chicago)

Ah this is just great, I must give Chicago a rewatch, it’s been YEARS since I saw it so I only vaguely remember this scene. Loved having the memory rejogged for this!

In 7th place with 10 points

Kolido

John Travolta And Olivia Newton John - You're The One That I Want (Grease)

Haha, that weird accent ‘Sandy?’ at the beginning of the video always cracks me up. I mean what can I say about this, it’s a fantastic track. It’s also about the only acting Olivia Newton John does in the entire movie, she’s soooo wooden :pac: I can’t rank it any higher than this though, so familiar with it.

In 6th place with 11 points

fixXxer

Cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer – I’ve Got A Theory (Once More With Feeling)

It’s not the only song from the musical episode of Buffy submitted in this round interestingly, which shows the strength of the episode overall - did the other one do better or worse though :P. This is really good, probably a bit underated, I particularly love the end part and the harmonies being absolutely on point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In 10th place with 7 points

Deja Boo

Lee Marvin - Wandering Star (Paint Your Wagon)

This went up and down the rankings like a yoyo with each listen. I do love the gruff tones of Marvin but again the song is just a bit… drab. In the end I figured this spot was a fair ranking for it.
    Great tenor voice, very similar to my own (maybe why I don’t love it LOL) Very brave choice this mind, hat tipped!

Did Clint Eastwood sing in this himself or voice replacement?

It is a favourite of my uncle so happy memories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Never seen Chicago, must give it a watch sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

In 6th place with 11 points

fixXxer

Cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer – I’ve Got A Theory (Once More With Feeling)

It’s not the only song from the musical episode of Buffy submitted in this round interestingly, which shows the strength of the episode overall - did the other one do better or worse though :P. This is really good, probably a bit underated, I particularly love the end part and the harmonies being absolutely on point.

It was the bunnies :D
    So glad this gets two looks in, didn't even think of submitting something like this and I love this episode... I'm sure the answer is yes, but has someone done a Buffy Werewolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Clint Eastwood sing in this himself or voice replacement?

It is a favourite of my uncle so happy memories

I have no idea, never seen the film myself (was Clint Eastwood in it? I thought twas Lee Marvin - it does sounds like himself, but I don't rightly know) - vid found down the youtube rabbit hole when searching for musicals.

By the way, this is my favourite category - love the songs submitted! :)

LeVar other Buffy submitter?

ari101 wrote: »
    It was the bunnies :D
    So glad this gets too looks in, didn't even think of submitting something like this and I love this episode... I'm sure the answer is yes, but has someone done a Buffy Werewolf?

Back in 2018 I think? Was the first game I created (along with Baggly, sKeith and Drumpot :D )

Probably could get a reboot at some stage...

In 5th place with 12 points

JP Liz V1

The Other Side - Hugh Jackman & Zac Efron (The Greatest Showman)

I absolutely adore this movie, I would have probably ranked most of the soundtrack in the top 5 without listening to it in all honesty. And yeah I know that’s against my blurb but it’s just a testament to how much I love it :D

Anyways the real star of the video here is the barman, he’s incredible. The singing ain’t half bad from the lads either :D

I actually prefer this track to the titular 'This Is Me' - while that is obviously powerful, this has a very understated quality to it from two very talented actors (Yeah, I went there with Efron :P )

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I have no idea, never seen the film myself (was Clint Eastwood in it? I thought t was Lee Marvin - it does sounds like him, but I don't rightly know), vid found down the youtube rabbit hole when searching for musicals.

By the way, this is my favourite category - love the songs submitted! :)

Both are in the film, but I wonder if Clint really sang himself

In 4th place with 13 points

Ari101

Wicked! - Defying Gravity

This is an incredible vocal performance from an incredibly fun musical. Great entry, I must get onto the director to revive Wicked when we get back to doing the ould pantos. Necro defying gravity seems like it needs to happen :D

• Advertisement

Back in 2018 I think? Was the first game I created (along with Baggly, sKeith and Drumpot :D )
    Probably could get a reboot at some stage...

Buffy and Angel werewolf ;)

Advertisement