Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Necro wrote: »
    In 13th place with 4 points

Cee_jay

Belfast - Orbital

*SNIP

I suppose this is sort of relaxing. I’m just not gone on really long electronic instrumentals (unless it’s dance or trance) unfortunately so I sort of kept skipping this in the playthroughs and it ended up here.

Thought for a minute I was 13th, then I realised I submitted this to something else :pac: I love this!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 11th place with 6 points

Necrina

Rammstein – Du Hast

I expected this to be better, I really did. Maybe I was spoiled by Mein Heartz Brant but I just didn’t enjoy this as much as I expected to. This would have been the one Rammstein track I’d have heard of as well but while it was ok, it didn’t really do much else for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 10th place with 7 points

Sawduck

Montserrat Caballe - O mio Bambino caro

Yeah I much prefer this to Nessun Dorma. It seems not too many are a fan of the opera genre :P This was a nice track and one I hadn’t listened to in a good while.

In 9th place with 8 points

Irish Aris

Megadeth-Skin O' My Teeth

I did expect to get a bit of the heavier type of rock that I wouldn’t be as familiar with. There’s not really any comparison to Du Hast here imo, this is a much better song which is reflected in the rankings.

In 8th place with 9 points

Trigger

Just give me a reason – Pink ft. Nate Reuss

Pink is a great artist but actually I think it’s Nate that drags this song up another notch, just an incredible voice. The duet is on point too. I’d certainly listen to this genre regularly so I’m very familiar with the song but that doesn’t detract from it too much here. Very nice choice. And it’s not Pearl Jam – SHOCK HORROR :pac:
    This song has also been submitted in another category... will it do better or worse there I wonder?

• Advertisement

In 7th place with 10 points

Barna77

TLC - No Scrubs

Again, another song I’m HUGELY familiar with and the genre in particular. Not sure what I can say really in the case of this track that hasn’t been said already, it’s certainly a choon. Has to lose marks because I’m so familiar with it mind. Not too many mind...

In 6th place with 11 points

Deja Boo

The Black Crowes - She Talks To Angels

This is a fun little track that I just really enjoyed each listen through of this round. Very close to squeezing into the top 3 equation here, but missed out in the end unfortunately. Great choice!

In 5th place with 12 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

DJ Fresh ft. Sian Evans (Radio Edit) – Louder

This is a cracking track again, I had heard it a couple of times in passing but just really enjoyed it every time it came on in the listen throughs. The last 30 secs or so are awesome as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

ari101 wrote: »
    Thought for a minute I was 13th, then I realised I submitted this to something else :pac: I love this!

In this Walrus? Not looking too good for you in that round :D joke!

cee_jay wrote: »
    In this Walrus? Not looking too good for you in that round :D joke!

:pac: Thankfully something else entirely :D

• Advertisement

In 4th place with 13 points

Electric Nitwit

Don't Stop Moving - S Club 7

Always liked this track, even did a fundraising mime related dance to it. Thankfully all such evidence has been completely destroyed in a mysterious fire a few years ago…. :P Anyways yeah this was a real good entry and fitted the category well for the entrant given their normal tastes ;)

And that brings us right up to our remaining 6, in no particular order - 4 of these guys were here just last night as well....

The purple tin

Kolido

Ari101

fixXxer

Homer J. Fong

And…

ShaneU

Y1Nj.gif

Why do I feel like this doesn't bode well :D

giphy.gif

In 14th place with 3 points

The purple tin

Miley Cyrus – Wildflowers

A Tom Petty cover… sneaky sneaky tpt :pac: I actually really like Miley Cyrus and I think she gets a lot of flack for her extra curricular activities but is in fact really talented. But…. I did not like this track. It was a poor cover and just all a bit safe and boring unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

And…

ShaneU

Y1Nj.gif
    oh I'm getting the LeVar spot now? :pac:

In 3rd place with 14 points

ShaneU

NF - Lost (feat. Hopsin)

This is a cracking track. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Big fan of rap anyways and wasn’t familiar with these guys so thanks for this entry!

That's 3 top 3's in a row for Shane... can he keep it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In 3rd place with 14 points

ShaneU

NF - Lost (feat. Hopsin)

This is a cracking track. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Big fan of rap anyways and wasn’t familiar with these guys so thanks for this entry!

That's 3 top 3's in a row for Shane... can he keep it up?

Love NF, great pick.

n 14th place with 2 points

Deleted User

Little Roy - Come As You Are

Covers aren’t doing too well it seems… I really didn’t like this. Firstly it’s a rather poor knock off of the original and secondly… reggae :pac: I don’t mind some Marley from time to time but that’s about the height of my investigation into the genre.. yeah this just didn’t work for me.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

In second place with 15 points

fixXxer

Lady Gaga & Beyonce – Telephone

This is a blast from the past, haven’t heard it in ages :D Back when Gaga was a trendsetter instead of slumming around with Ariana Grande etc. YES CEE_JAY I'M STILL NOT OVER IT :pac::pac: Again it’s not something I’d (EVER... no really... EEEEVVVVVVEEERRRR) expect to be submitted by this entrant on a normal basis so it’s a great choice for this category.

So it's ari101 and Kolido left....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

In second place with 15 points

fixXxer

Lady Gaga & Beyonce – Telephone

This is a blast from the past, haven’t heard it in ages :D Back when Gaga was a trendsetter instead of slumming around with Ariana Grande etc. YES CEE_JAY I'M STILL NOT OVER IT :pac::pac: Again it’s not something I’d (EVER... no really... EEEEVVVVVVEEERRRR) expect to be submitted by this entrant on a normal basis so it’s a great choice for this category.

I'M STILL NOT OVER YOUR HATRED FOR THAT SONG

In 14th place with 1 point

Kolido

Beats International - just be good to me

And on the flip side to loving Shane’s entry, I just hated this. It’s so slow and repetitive and I just ended up flicking to the next song about halfway through towards the end of the listens. Sorry brah!

Meaning......

In 1st place with 16 points

Ari101

Stay - So Bad

*Insert Chris Hemsworth shrug* I’m not even sorry!

200.gif

I think I might actually love K-Pop because I’ve had a few tracks submitted to various Walruses and loved them all. Y’all are only sorry ye didn’t think of it, be honest :pac:

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, too much of a certain game well... is 2 + 2 really = to 4?

*re-reads criteria for this round*
    and secondly… reggae :pac: I don’t mind some Marley from time to time but that’s about the height of my investigation into the genre..

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm glad I finished so high, some great songs in this.

My problem is there are so few genres I don't like.

Dance is one I'd listen to least, so went with that.

Woohoo, trying to find a gif of Matt Damon cheering on Mars when he makes contact via pathfinder - well it's not happening so how about a high five! :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

So how does that leave our table?

First our round table

Position Name Song Score
    1st ari101 Stay - So Bad 16
    2nd fixXxer Lady Gaga & Beyonce - Telephone 15
    3rd ShaneU NF - Lost (feat. Hopsin) 14
    4th Electric Nitwit Don't Stop Moving - S Club 7 13
    5th Also Starring LeVar Burton DJ Fresh ft. Sian Evans (Radio Edit) - Louder 12
    6th Deja Boo The Black Crowes - She Talks To Angels 11
    7th Barna77 TLC - No Scrubs 10
    8th Trigger Just give me a reason - Pink 9
    9th Irish Aris Megadeth-Skin O' My Teeth 8
    10th Sawduck Montserrat Caballe - O mio Bambino caro 7
    11th Necrina Rammstein - Du Hast 6
    12th JP Liz V1 Luciano Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma 5
    13th cee_jay Belfast - Orbital 4
    14th the purple tin Miley Cyrus _ Wildflowers 3
    15th Homer J. Fong Little Roy - Come As You Are 2
    16th Kolido Beats International - just be good to me 1

And our overall scores....

Name Improved by Video Video Game Music Song from a genre not usually listened to Song from a Musical 90s Round TV Themes Driving Miss Walrus Scene Music In My Hometown Summer Choons Total
    Deja Boo 12 3 11 26
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 8 10 12 30
    Kolido 15 2 1 18
    ShaneU 16 14 14 44
    the purple tin 10 1 3 14
    Homer J. Fong 5 16 2 23
    Necrina 14 11 6 31
    JP Liz V1 12 15 5 32
    Sawduck 4 5 7 16
    cee_jay 13 13 4 30
    ari101 9 6 16 31
    Barna77 2 9 10 21
    Irish Aris 7 7 8 22
    Trigger 11 12 9 32
    fixXxer 3 4 15 22
    Electric Nitwit 6 8 13 27

ShaneU has a nice little lead after three top 3 finishes in a row, 12 points ahead of both Trigger and JP Liz.

There's very very little seperating the other 5 places below that though and with only three rounds in the books, this is a marathon not a sprint...

Taking tomorrow off for Rikand's Walrus (also I'm getting muh second vaccine jab in the morning WOOOP!)

But I plan to do the musical round on Saturday evening circa 8pm if nothing else is going on in the forum...

Definitely my favourite round I think so very excited about it :D

Advertisement