Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Welcome to my world cee_jay

GreedyVioletGermanwirehairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

No no, youve burned us all down with evil play and I cant trust you since

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No no, youve burned us all down with evil play and I cant trust you since

tenor.gif?itemid=5958826

:D Poor Drummer still hasn't forgiven me for Deadwood

Make sure to play Hell's Kitchen next month...

You never know what the rand might bring ;)

Im dying to play with you guys after the MU practice game.

While I played badly, I learnt a lot about reading the game

All in all this week was a great distraction from real life. Nothing changed in that respect, but last Sunday was a challenging experience. Throughing myself into the game really took my mind off things (and work....eek). It was mental at times sorting out permissions, providing role results and sending out pms... damn boards and their limits.

But from a mod dealing with players, there was zero issues. The game was played in a great spirit and you guys made me laugh so much, whether it was the wild soeclation, the backrooms lols or just the coincidences like Loki peeking as Cap then wandering aimlessly into hos room.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Im the real winner.

Im dying to play with you guys after the MU practice game.

While I played badly, I learnt a lot about reading the game

Wait no longer ;)

Hell's Kitchen WW Sign ups now open :D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24744-1432295601-5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

In the middle of reading through the wolf thread for the lols and there's a lot of moaning and throwing in the towel...

"We can't win, it's impossible, lets just give up"

giphy.gif

That's a bit unfair.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That's a bit unfair.

I'm only teasing, no offense intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

cee_jay wrote: »
    Why does everyone always think I am a wolf?!? Am I really that untrustworthy? :(

You broke my trust last game and I managed to put it to one side until I (Lucy) revealed and you were so suspicious. I didnt know you'd peeked trigger as Capt America so I was like this ones a ****in wolf again and caught me again :D I even went back and looked at your reactions to the other reveals. Glad I got munched cause I probably would have stayed in that Tunnel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Neowise

Thanks for the game beaker, was great fun.

Neowise wrote: »
    Thanks for the game beaker, was great fun.

I hated that you and Necro and Shelly died so early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Reading the wolf room.

P**sing myself laughing here...

"We could try the Malcom Tucker approach..."

Props Wolfie for a great giggle! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

In the middle of reading through the wolf thread for the lols and there's a lot of moaning and throwing in the towel...

"We can't win, it's impossible, lets just give up"

giphy.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

nothing was the only one of them with any sort of fighting spirit in them it seems, so kudos to you ;)

Really disappointed by this LeVar. I don't think it is fair to say any of us gave up or threw in the towel. Yes we knew we couldn't win but none of us just said feck it let's quit, in fact when given that option we decided to keep going.

Personally I put a lot of work into the game on a week where I was busier than expected and wasn't feeling too great, so you might have been "just messing" but it's not nice to read.

And with that said, thank you Beaker for all the hard work, it's much appreciated though I think you're a lunatic for doing it by yourself :)

ari101 wrote: »
    Reading the wolf room.

P**sing myself laughing here...

"We could try the Malcom Tucker approach..."

Props Wolfie for a great giggle! :D

Vale knows how to appeal to me

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    And with that said, thank you Beaker for all the hard work, it's much appreciated though I think you're a lunatic for doing it by yourself :)

Im just glad you appreciated it. I think its easy to feel defeated in the wolves postions.

I wanted to keep their morale up as I knew things werent far away from changing.... the fate tie in deaths, Ultron rebooting, Cap Walkers extra kill....Bucky being found.

But they soldered on despite the up hill battle. I was rooting for yas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Ecto

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Ecto

Thanks Liz. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Neowise

I hated that you and Necro and Shelly died so early.

I was glad that it wasn't 24 hours earlier. :D

No munch before lynch is my fav. At least first munch gets to play in a real game day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really disappointed by this LeVar. I don't think it is fair to say any of us gave up or threw in the towel. Yes we knew we couldn't win but none of us just said feck it let's quit, in fact when given that option we decided to keep going.

Personally I put a lot of work into the game on a week where I was busier than expected and wasn't feeling too great, so you might have been "just messing" but it's not nice to read.

Fair enough Ecto.

It was genuinely meant in jest, I was very much in banter mode, but if it came across as being mean spirited then that's on me and I apologise.

Reading the BR threads was a bit surprised how downbeat you guys were on Wednesday I think. I don't think any of you were pegged at all. I think I guessed half of you guys as Bucky :D

The amount of threads, posts and pages shows a serious level of commitment from the wolves.

Also Beaker, I felt very violated by someone in my BR during the game :)

Mad the wolves picked the BG and App BG to visit. If LeVar had of been taken out the wolf priest would have walked the game I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

duffman13 wrote: »
    Reading the BR threads was a bit surprised how downbeat you guys were on Wednesday I think. I don't think any of you were pegged at all. I think I guessed half of you guys as Bucky :D

The amount of threads, posts and pages shows a serious level of commitment from the wolves.

Mad the wolves picked the BG and App BG to visit. If LeVar had of been taken out the wolf priest would have walked the game I think

You loved it really... sure you barely spoke in it up to that point... :p

We didn't have a wolf priest

Neowise wrote: »
    I was glad that it wasn't 24 hours earlier. :D

No munch before lynch is my fav. At least first munch gets to play in a real game day.

My reasoning for it is it gives everyone at least a day to enjoy the game. Killed on day 1 munch sucks.

I introduced the closed thread after lynch more as an experiment. In MCU the thread closed after each day phase and I felt it gave me time to recharge and reassess things and enable me to take a break without fear of missing amything or having a daunting read back.

How did players find it? Too restrictive?

I wanted to see how it worked and felt the Loki character was perfect to use it.

How did you feel about it?

How would others feel?

My reasoning for it is it gives everyone at least a day to enjoy the game. Killed on day 1 munch sucks.

I introduced the closed thread after lynch more as an experiment. In MCU the thread closed after each day phase and I felt it gave me time to recharge and reassess things and enable me to take a break without fear of missing amything or having a daunting read back.

For me anyways as most of my posting would be early morning till 4 is then sporadically till 9 or so..

Trigger wrote: »

If you munched LeVar you would have had one

I was reluctant to post too much in there given the Loki role but I would have enjoyed the craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭nothing

Having no experience of it running any other way, I thought it was great. Was hard enough to keep up all day if you were offline for a few hours, not missing a huge chunk overnight was great. I'd have definitely been up all night otherwise

Trigger wrote: »

You would have if ASLB died and Skull lived.

If you munched LeVar you would have had one

I was reluctant to post too much in there given the Loki role but I would have enjoyed the craic

Ah I get you, but we were still unsure I'd there was an apprentice.. as there seemed to be a hell of a lot of players linked and a good few apprentices

You would have if ASLB died and Skull lived.

Lol sure, but we didn't actually know that

• Advertisement

Ahh right..

Personally I'd have preferred thread closure a little later and reopening a bit earlier. Literally a personal preference but my most prominent times of posting and contributing is probably 9-10pm but it wouldn't stop me playing a game or anything

Totally understandable why you did it but would prefer a longer evening window particularly

I like no munch on night 0 personally for reasons already stated.

Not massively gone on closed nights. I get *why* they are done but I think you lose a bit of thread momentum after the lynch which can sometimes be hard to get back - also post lynch banter can be the best time on thread in my experience.

That said there was a lot happening in the mornings so that countered it. It's a real shame shelly/Agatha/Patrick was killed day 1, would have liked to see how she got on later in the game.

I wanted to see how it worked and felt the Loki character was perfect to use it.

How did you feel about it?

How would others feel?

Somewhat expected to be honest given the Loki stuff so it didn't bother me too much although still surprised me

Personally it took the bluff element away from me as they knew who'd been protected and also narrowed the Bucky list for them and they already had an advantage there knowing 4 other players weren't Bucky. I think selective threads would have been a bit better but then I suppose half the fun is to cause Chaos.

Just thankful Loki didn't try cosy up to me

I really enjoyed the thread being closed between lynch and munch, and think it added another layer to the game, given that there was no time after the lynch results for the village to have any kind of discussion.

I might have had a tipple but yas are a great bunch of lads. Every month I say I'll take a break, every month I come back for more. I'll end out divorced but sure we gotta get our priorities right:D

• Advertisement

I took a few games off last year.... missed the Batman and previous Marvel game, so I can tell you taking a break can invigorate you.

I felt I was better for it. Might take a break after HK.

I took a few games off last year.... missed the Batman and previous Marvel game, so I can tell you taking a break can invigorate you.

I've SWY for 6 weeks in July/August and would be murderised if I played during it :D:D

Already been given lists of things to do for my 'holidays' :cool:

FOMO - I might get there eventually maybe after next months game :) Probably not though

I've SWY for 6 weeks in July/August and would be murderised if I played during it :D:D

Already been given lists of things to do for my 'holidays' :cool:

I took mine off when Covid hit. It was a weird time both me and the misses and wee ones all stuck in the house, I didnt think it was right to play then, nor did I have the desire.

Somewhat expected to be honest given the Loki stuff so it didn't bother me too much although still surprised me

Personally it took the bluff element away from me as they knew who'd been protected and also narrowed the Bucky list for them and they already had an advantage there knowing 4 other players weren't Bucky. I think selective threads would have been a bit better but then I suppose half the fun is to cause Chaos.

Just thankful Loki didn't try cosy up to me

To be honest, once kitten claimed her character, we were going for her, but if she hadn't, it definitely was a help in ruling out another couple

• Advertisement

FOMO - I might get there eventually maybe after next months game :) Probably not though

If a theme comes up that appeals I cant miss it.

Raging I missed Batman last year. Never again

nothing wrote: »
    To be honest, once kitten claimed her character, we were going for her, but if she hadn't, it definitely was a help in ruling out another couple

Ah I went Kitten too, I just foolishly waited to make my selection. I was full on lynching Kitten until it dawned on me Dum Dum had to be Bucky

Ah I went Kitten too, I just foolishly waited to make my selection. I was full on lynching Kitten until it dawned on me Dum Dum had to be Bucky

That's why we lost another wolf, we figured one more of us had to go in her place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would have liked the thread closure maybe 30 mins or 60 mins after lynch but it worked out good as I probably would have just spammed with fluffy wrong leans views posts etc., :p

I don't think I gave Loki any info as I was so wrong in my leans but he knew I was Falcon apprentice BG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Personally I'd have preferred thread closure a little later and reopening a bit earlier. Literally a personal preference but my most prominent times of posting and contributing is probably 9-10pm but it wouldn't stop me playing a game or anything

Totally understandable why you did it but would prefer a longer evening window particularly

I like closures. Wouldn’t mind more to be honest. Maybe at night from 11.30- 8.30 and during day at 2-5.30 or something like that.

So hard to catch-up day or night if you are unable to stay updated. I play less games because to be honest I am regularly lost and the game intensity of the games makes it less fun when you are looking for ways to be useful to your team. The only way I felt I could be uesfuk in this game was to try to be as villagey as possible so not to be wasting a lynch. Kind of lazy play really.

Work is stressful and quite often I don’t have the mental energy to spend as much time trying to “wolf hunt”. I’d be happy just having a laugh and messing the whole time. It’s why I’m generally only “ok” at getting involved when somebody attacks me on thread. I find being NRV the most relaxing role!

Maybe I’m just not very good. After modding a game , I know how much work goes into these things so feel really bad when I can’t be fully comitted to play so it’s easier to just not play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well done Village on the win. Great game Bj, I can't believe you modded that on your own. Some job!!! I predicted it in my BR on Day 0 that I'd be dead by Day 1 so I'm impressed that I survived to Day 2 at all but I think I was on a a hiding to nothing with the role. No offence to BJ at all it was a very tough role to try balance in a game like this and I totally appreciate that the risk/reward was justifiable and I'm just **** as a SK but I dont think anyone could've won the game as Thanos with the snap. The 5/6th tasks would've made it impossible to explain away. It would've been fun to try though.

I was mostly raging that I got piled on for a stupid placeholder vote on Day 1. That wasn't even the task at all! I actually did have DIY stuff to do at home that evening and got so annoyed when I saw I was lynch leader I gave up. I never came back from that. Levar's reveal post for my death was hilarious.

And I cannot believe that no one noticed my tasking on Tuesday. I spelled out Thanos in so many posts I thought I was so obvious. I just couldn't get the damn thing right. It drove me demented.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well done Village on the win. Great game Bj, I can't believe you modded that on your own. Some job!!! I predicted it in my BR on Day 0 that I'd be dead by Day 1 so I'm impressed that I survived to Day 2 at all but I think I was on a a hiding to nothing with the role. No offence to BJ at all it was a very tough role to try balance in a game like this and I totally appreciate that the risk/reward was justifiable and I'm just **** as a SK but I dont think anyone could've won the game as Thanos with the snap. The 5/6th tasks would've made it impossible to explain away. It would've been fun to try though.

I was mostly raging that I got piled on for a stupid placeholder vote on Day 1. That wasn't even the task at all! I actually did have DIY stuff to do at home that evening and got so annoyed when I saw I was lynch leader I gave up. I never came back from that. Levar's reveal post for my death was hilarious.

And I cannot believe that no one noticed my tasking on Tuesday. I spelled out Thanos in so many posts I thought I was so obvious. I just couldn't get the damn thing right. It drove me demented.

We actually had mixed feeling about having you killed.

We actually had mixed feeling about having you killed.

Vale seeking ways to communicate with Thanos..... I was like, how is he going to accomplish this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I like the closed thread at night, one thing we did years ago on Irishpokerboards was have ten minutes after the lynch to chat then it closed. That helped a lot with the game.

As a mod, it helped me keep on top of the game, poker players are notorious for being up through the night, so morning would be a nightmare to catch up on if it stayed open.

I like the closed thread at night, one thing we did years ago on Irishpokerboards was have ten minutes after the lynch to chat then it closed. That helped a lot with the game.

As a mod, it helped me keep on top of the game, poker players are notorious for being up through the night, so morning would be a nightmare to catch up on if it stayed open.

Yeah, stopped events from happening. I remember one game many moons ago, me, drunk about 3am started using my bullets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement