Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Welcome to my world cee_jay

GreedyVioletGermanwirehairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

No no, youve burned us all down with evil play and I cant trust you since

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No no, youve burned us all down with evil play and I cant trust you since

tenor.gif?itemid=5958826

:D Poor Drummer still hasn't forgiven me for Deadwood

Necro wrote: »
    Make sure to play Hell's Kitchen next month...

You never know what the rand might bring ;)

Im dying to play with you guys after the MU practice game.

While I played badly, I learnt a lot about reading the game

All in all this week was a great distraction from real life. Nothing changed in that respect, but last Sunday was a challenging experience. Throughing myself into the game really took my mind off things (and work....eek). It was mental at times sorting out permissions, providing role results and sending out pms... damn boards and their limits.

But from a mod dealing with players, there was zero issues. The game was played in a great spirit and you guys made me laugh so much, whether it was the wild soeclation, the backrooms lols or just the coincidences like Loki peeking as Cap then wandering aimlessly into hos room.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Im the real winner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Im dying to play with you guys after the MU practice game.

While I played badly, I learnt a lot about reading the game

Wait no longer ;)

Hell's Kitchen WW Sign ups now open :D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24744-1432295601-5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

In the middle of reading through the wolf thread for the lols and there's a lot of moaning and throwing in the towel...

"We can't win, it's impossible, lets just give up"

giphy.gif

That's a bit unfair.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That's a bit unfair.

I'm only teasing, no offense intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

cee_jay wrote: »
    Why does everyone always think I am a wolf?!? Am I really that untrustworthy? :(

You broke my trust last game and I managed to put it to one side until I (Lucy) revealed and you were so suspicious. I didnt know you'd peeked trigger as Capt America so I was like this ones a ****in wolf again and caught me again :D I even went back and looked at your reactions to the other reveals. Glad I got munched cause I probably would have stayed in that Tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Thanks for the game beaker, was great fun.

Neowise wrote: »
    Thanks for the game beaker, was great fun.

I hated that you and Necro and Shelly died so early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Reading the wolf room.

P**sing myself laughing here...

"We could try the Malcom Tucker approach..."

Props Wolfie for a great giggle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

In the middle of reading through the wolf thread for the lols and there's a lot of moaning and throwing in the towel...

"We can't win, it's impossible, lets just give up"

giphy.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

nothing was the only one of them with any sort of fighting spirit in them it seems, so kudos to you ;)

Really disappointed by this LeVar. I don't think it is fair to say any of us gave up or threw in the towel. Yes we knew we couldn't win but none of us just said feck it let's quit, in fact when given that option we decided to keep going.

Personally I put a lot of work into the game on a week where I was busier than expected and wasn't feeling too great, so you might have been "just messing" but it's not nice to read.

And with that said, thank you Beaker for all the hard work, it's much appreciated though I think you're a lunatic for doing it by yourself :)

ari101 wrote: »
    Reading the wolf room.

P**sing myself laughing here...

"We could try the Malcom Tucker approach..."

Props Wolfie for a great giggle! :D

Vale knows how to appeal to me

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    And with that said, thank you Beaker for all the hard work, it's much appreciated though I think you're a lunatic for doing it by yourself :)

Im just glad you appreciated it. I think its easy to feel defeated in the wolves postions.

I wanted to keep their morale up as I knew things werent far away from changing.... the fate tie in deaths, Ultron rebooting, Cap Walkers extra kill....Bucky being found.

But they soldered on despite the up hill battle. I was rooting for yas.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Ecto

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Ecto

Thanks Liz. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

I hated that you and Necro and Shelly died so early.

I was glad that it wasn't 24 hours earlier. :D

No munch before lynch is my fav. At least first munch gets to play in a real game day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really disappointed by this LeVar. I don't think it is fair to say any of us gave up or threw in the towel. Yes we knew we couldn't win but none of us just said feck it let's quit, in fact when given that option we decided to keep going.

Personally I put a lot of work into the game on a week where I was busier than expected and wasn't feeling too great, so you might have been "just messing" but it's not nice to read.

Fair enough Ecto.

It was genuinely meant in jest, I was very much in banter mode, but if it came across as being mean spirited then that's on me and I apologise.

Reading the BR threads was a bit surprised how downbeat you guys were on Wednesday I think. I don't think any of you were pegged at all. I think I guessed half of you guys as Bucky :D

The amount of threads, posts and pages shows a serious level of commitment from the wolves.

Also Beaker, I felt very violated by someone in my BR during the game :)

Mad the wolves picked the BG and App BG to visit. If LeVar had of been taken out the wolf priest would have walked the game I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

duffman13 wrote: »
    Reading the BR threads was a bit surprised how downbeat you guys were on Wednesday I think. I don't think any of you were pegged at all. I think I guessed half of you guys as Bucky :D

The amount of threads, posts and pages shows a serious level of commitment from the wolves.

Mad the wolves picked the BG and App BG to visit. If LeVar had of been taken out the wolf priest would have walked the game I think

You loved it really... sure you barely spoke in it up to that point... :p

We didn't have a wolf priest

Neowise wrote: »
    I was glad that it wasn't 24 hours earlier. :D

No munch before lynch is my fav. At least first munch gets to play in a real game day.

My reasoning for it is it gives everyone at least a day to enjoy the game. Killed on day 1 munch sucks.

I introduced the closed thread after lynch more as an experiment. In MCU the thread closed after each day phase and I felt it gave me time to recharge and reassess things and enable me to take a break without fear of missing amything or having a daunting read back.

How did players find it? Too restrictive?

I wanted to see how it worked and felt the Loki character was perfect to use it.

How did you feel about it?

How would others feel?

My reasoning for it is it gives everyone at least a day to enjoy the game. Killed on day 1 munch sucks.

I introduced the closed thread after lynch more as an experiment. In MCU the thread closed after each day phase and I felt it gave me time to recharge and reassess things and enable me to take a break without fear of missing amything or having a daunting read back.

For me anyways as most of my posting would be early morning till 4 is then sporadically till 9 or so..

Trigger wrote: »

If you munched LeVar you would have had one

I was reluctant to post too much in there given the Loki role but I would have enjoyed the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Having no experience of it running any other way, I thought it was great. Was hard enough to keep up all day if you were offline for a few hours, not missing a huge chunk overnight was great. I'd have definitely been up all night otherwise

Trigger wrote: »

You would have if ASLB died and Skull lived.

If you munched LeVar you would have had one

I was reluctant to post too much in there given the Loki role but I would have enjoyed the craic

Ah I get you, but we were still unsure I'd there was an apprentice.. as there seemed to be a hell of a lot of players linked and a good few apprentices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

You would have if ASLB died and Skull lived.

Lol sure, but we didn't actually know that

• Advertisement

Ahh right..

Advertisement