Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,862 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.xbox.com/de-ch/configure/8wj714n3rbtl

Series X available on the Swiss Microsoft Store. Works out at €455 using Revolut.

Including import duties?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cnocbui wrote: »
    Including import duties?

No Duties as Switzerland have an EU trade deal as far as I'm aware.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No Duties as Switzerland have an EU trade deal as far as I'm aware.

I don't think so. There are indeed agreements on the free transport of goods, but that's another matter.
    Customs Regulations

As mentioned above, because Switzerland is not an active member of the EU, all imported goods have to be customs-cleared.

In most cases this mean that you are subject to paying duty on your import from Switzerland, and the amount will vary depending on the specific type of goods you are importing. Therefore, you will need to know the commodity code (or HS code) in order to calculate the duty rates. To check duty tariffs, please visit www.gov.uk/trade-tariff.
    https://transporteca.co.uk/import-from-switzerland/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cnocbui wrote: »
    I don't think so. There are indeed agreements on the free transport of goods, but that's another matter.

https://transporteca.co.uk/import-from-switzerland/

There are no customs on games consoles.

Console out of stock now anyway. For future reference the likes of Microsoft, Amazon etc will be registered for Irish Vat so the price you see at checkout will be the final price to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

UK store has stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I never saw it on sale, how much was it?

I got mine for €196 from Amazon.de back in Feb

They seem to have it discounted semi regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fendy

I ordered my Xbox series X last Friday from Gamestop and just got an email from them to let me know of a delay in the delivery date. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Fendy wrote: »
    I ordered my Xbox series X last Friday from Gamestop and just got an email from them to let me know of a delay in the delivery date. Has this happened to anyone else?

I ordered mine (also from Gamestop) the day before you, and it was delivered on Tuesday. Hopefully it'll just be a brief delay for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭djan

Sorry if a little of topic but just wondering how people got on with the initial GameStop preoder fiasco. When did you eventually receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

AVAILABLE HN FROM 24/05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has supply improved yet? Now that Gamestop is back open I want to trade in my One X for a Series X and I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks or so without a console if needs be.

Stock of Series X starting to show up in Argos a little bit. - Arklow, Sligo and Swords all have one.

Series S also available in a couple of stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

There was another brief burst of stock this morning on Amazon and the MS site.
    I was a bit late to the party and could get to the cart but no chance of checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

djan wrote: »
    Sorry if a little of topic but just wondering how people got on with the initial GameStop preoder fiasco. When did you eventually receive it?

I never got my Gamestop pre-order...

Gamestop have gone into loot boxes and stuff that you find at forbidden planet.

Yes, once upon a time Gamestop were the GO TO for consoles, above GAME even (anybody remember them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone see any good deals on the official controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

so an update, I mailed support at gamestop and asked what the story was with my pre-order. The support guy closed the case saying that everyone who had a pre-order had been contacted and had their consoles... So I've had to open another support case and am like, Well I didn't get any mail, yes I checked my spam folder, I haven't gotten a console so what's up with the order and the money I paid for it...( i said it way nicer that that of course)

grrrrrr.

If I'd paid for a console and hadn't got it and someone was saying I had, I wouldn't be nice in my respons and I'd be deeply concerned at the possibility of it having been shipped to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

so an update, I mailed support at gamestop and asked what the story was with my pre-order. The support guy closed the case saying that everyone who had a pre-order had been contacted and had their consoles... So I've had to open another support case and am like, Well I didn't get any mail, yes I checked my spam folder, I haven't gotten a console so what's up with the order and the money I paid for it...( i said it way nicer that that of course)

grrrrrr.

I assume if you aren't willing to wait for them to sort you out with a console, a refund won't be an issue, even if it means going through paypal or your bank. They simply didn't deliver what they promised so it's an open and shut case. What an ahole of a support guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

AVAILABLE HN FROM 24/05

Looks like only Series S is available to order :(

• Advertisement

Still occasionally popping up in Argos. Currently one Series X available in Dundrum, another in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I saw this over on Reddit and I thought it might interest the folks here...

It looks like Xbox All Access is coming to Ireland soon via Harvey Norman

https://www.harveynorman.ie/test-pages/xbox-ar.html

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

I saw this over on Reddit and I thought it might interest the folks here...

It looks like Xbox All Access is coming to Ireland soon via Harvey Norman

https://www.harveynorman.ie/test-pages/xbox-ar.html

It's listed on Smyths as an option now too - links to a non working page though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

zinzan wrote: »
    It's listed on Smyths as an option now too - links to a non working page though.

Probably going to announce a rollout on the 13th of June, at the MS/Bethesda conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Argos have the series x in stock. Just reserved in Clonmel Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

X in stock for home delivery on Smyths now, just ordered.

Edit: got shipping notification (label created etc.) within 9 minutes.. due to arrive tomorrow. It’s with UPS though so that probably means next Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Gamestop website have Series X stock now. Was waiting for it to pop up there as had credit from trading in stuff since they opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

blaa85 wrote: »
    Gamestop website have Series X stock now. Was waiting for it to pop up there as had credit from trading in stuff since they opened.

Thanks, ordered one.

Anyone know how long they generally take to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fendy

Well I'm still waiting for the one I ordered on May 7th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Thanks, ordered one.

Anyone know how long they generally take to deliver?

I just got my shipping confirmation with an post so should be Monday hopefully.

Advertisement