Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Inexplicably can’t stand, not “who can you not stand”.

It fails to be inexplicable when you consult your dossier on every female celebrity and list off, in obsessive detail, personal information or make weird veiled reference to something you suspect of being “off” about them.

Did you miss the bit where I praised Kirsten Dunst? It's literally just a few posts ago.
    cms88 wrote: »
    As someone else has said it's hi parents trying to milk it to get what they an out of it. I wouldn't think he's pushing to be on the Late Late himself, well bar the Toy Show

It's frustrating too, because his health isn't the best. One of the health issues he has, with his condition, is breathing problems. If he gets any kind of chest infection (or Covid) he's in trouble. He's already had a recent health problem, what with a bone fracture over Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Pussyhands wrote:
    Claudia Winkleman

Ironic username

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Claudia Winkleman

Well said, with that stupid fringe and her really annoying 'know it all' attitude and the fake laugh. Can't stand her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

If i had an arse like hers I wouldn't wear anything else.

Photos please

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Anytime I've dropped in to this thread, the names people have posted have been absolutely explicable as to why they can't stand them.

Finally though, I see named Commander Chris Hadfield and his little pal 6 year old brittle bones kid Adam and I finally get this thread. He's 6 and very ill lads ffs and his soul is beautiful, go boil your heads.

I’m starting to realise that the person some of the contributors really despise the most is themselves.

• Advertisement

Well said, with that stupid fringe and her really annoying 'know it all' attitude and the fake laugh. Can't stand her.

I suppose like an annoying radio jingle these people are memorable and therefore have some kind of residual notoriety

One of the health issues he has, with his condition, is breathing problems. If he gets any kind of chest infection (or Covid) he's in trouble.

He can have my place in the queue if he wants an early vaccine, no need for a virtual hug

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Everyone who gives out about RTE and the feel the need to remind us that they " Never watch or listen to it anyhow " :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The young lad is being used as a pawn.

He's on the late late show AGAIN. That means he's been on it at least 3 times since December!

As a relatively new parent (to a son) his Xmas appearance really struck a chord with me and I think he's a brilliant, brilliant kid.

I'd almost put the blame on RTE more than the parents.
    They know the trip to Florida is there and they'll want to be milking that for all its worth, they'll make a show of it.

At this stage though, given his recent issues, his parents should be holding him back a bit, unless its a Zoom call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

Everyone who gives out about RTE and the feel the need to remind us that they " Never watch or listen to it anyhow " :confused:

Yet they seem to know everything that's on RTE

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    As a relatively new parent (to a son) his Xmas appearance really struck a chord with me and I think he's a brilliant, brilliant kid.

I'd almost put the blame on RTE more than the parents.
    They know the trip to Florida is there and they'll want to be milking that for all its worth, they'll make a show of it.

At this stage though, given his recent issues, his parents should be holding him back a bit, unless its a Zoom call.

While RTE are offering these things the parents don't habe to take them up on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

While RTE are offering these things the parents don't habe to take them up on everything.

I'd say there's shenanigans afoot there too though. RTE would probably offer to cover their trip (throw in a few of the Parks over there) how could parents say no to that?

If it was a case of NASA saying they'd cover expenses then by all means the parents could tell RTE to back away then but I doubt that's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'd say there's shenanigans afoot there too though. RTE would probably offer to cover their trip (throw in a few of the Parks over there) how could parents say no to that?

If it was a case of NASA saying they'd cover expenses then by all means the parents could tell RTE to back away then but I doubt that's going to happen.

If the kid continues to make money for charity I can’t see any problem with RTÉ promoting him.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

If the kid continues to make money for charity I can’t see any problem with RTÉ promoting him.
    I think rte are using him though.

A kind of special moment they can rehash for the cameras

A bit rich coming from tubs considering the greta thurberg situation a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭John arse

Trekker09 wrote: »
    ....and driving whilst blind. Irresponsible to boot
    roy orbison isn't/wasn't (he's passed away) blind,he had an albino condition,the thing about creeping in to a room is just a song lyric-ridiculous comments!

John arse wrote: »
    roy orbison isn't/wasn't (he's passed away) blind,he had an albino condition,the thing about creeping in to a room is just a song lyric-ridiculous comments!

He didn’t write the song either.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmmm………”are we there yet” .

What highly paid CEO a is going to be aggrandised on this occasion.

Bit of a whiff off charidees these days,in my opinion, way too many ‘hard neck influencers’ and ‘celebrities’ getting involved.

Cleaned up a bit but a lot of murk in that area.

Bit of a whiff off charidees these days,in my opinion, way too many ‘hard neck influencers’ and ‘celebrities’ getting involved.

Think the money he’s raised for those “hug” cards goes to Temple Street and Cork University Hospital, if I’m not mistaken.

I haven't trusted charities since I knew someone who operated a small one, and used it to get discounts from the sponsors.

Then when I saw worse happening with the larger ones...nah.

That Michael Fry fella off Twitter.

Seems a harmless divil but just something about him that I can't take to.

• Advertisement

Think the money he’s raised for those “hug” cards goes to Temple Street and Cork University Hospital, if I’m not mistaken.

His dad wrote a children's book a few years back, where money after costs went to Bumbleaunce. (I think that's the name-it's an ambulance for kids to make it less scary for them to travel to and from hospital).
    I imagine that's where a lot of the money is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CaboRoig

TheG0AT wrote: »
    Speaking of journalism

Neil Francis
    Ewan McKenna
    Miguel Delaney

None of those are inexplicable surely?

John arse wrote: »
    He didn’t write the song either.

Creeping in to a room to make love sounds dodgy, ok he didnt write it but did sing it

Jenny Green off 2 fm is annoying, supposedly from Cork with a DART accent

And her orchestra shows, a pure David Guetta merchant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

Terry Prone.

Is is the taut face? Trout lips? Condescending, know-it-all tone?

Even before she had work done.

Immediate channel switch when she came on.

His dad wrote a children's book a few years back, where money after costs went to Bumbleaunce. (I think that's the name-it's an ambulance for kids to make it less scary for them to travel to and from hospital).
    I imagine that's where a lot of the money is going.

Bumbleaunce was another charity that was living the high life. In fact the founders is someone you could add to this list. Well afaik he's no long involved.

Claimed things were taken from the ambulance where it wasn't the case. Would run to the papers very chance he got. Once did so because an insurance compnay contacted about offers for adding his kids and said everyone should know his kids died. Keeping in mind this was an automatic message and not just for him.

A lot of stories about money from fundraising going missing a well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Terry Prone.

Shows how much dodgy stuff she must have on people in high places when after all she's done she gets in telly multiple times a week,

Bumbleaunce was another charity that was living the high life. In fact the founders is someone you could add to this list. Well afaik he's no long involved.

Claimed things were taken from the ambulance where it wasn't the case. Would run to the papers very chance he got. Once did so because an insurance compnay contacted about offers for adding his kids and said everyone should know his kids died. Keeping in mind this was an automatic message and not just for him.

A lot of stories about money from fundraising going missing a well.

Jesus.

360_F_203250153_gYJH96UPlNrNwpR56ABJWi7k5HRvPaGw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,321 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Terry Prone.

I find her son equally if not more annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Miriam O'Callaghan, rich spoiled brat born into luxury and thinks she's better than everyone else because of it.

Advertisement