Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eagleeyes

Reg: 19th
    Text: 28th
    Apt: 30th
    MVC: Helix
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Reg: 07/05
    Text: none yet (checked portal)
    Apt: 31/05
    Vaccine: Janssen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Reg: 07/05
    Apt: 31/05
    Vaccine: Janssen

About time in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Accidentally

I'm 56, registered since the 7th May, still no text and nothing on the portal. Of course, I'm in the dysfunctional North East, Louth/Meath. Does anyone know what ages are getting done in Drogheda at the moment? HSE_Live are little help.

It was 58 at the start of the week, but they're only working 3 days, and only 2 of those are for 50s/60s. Local TDs announced an extra 10k J&J for Louth and that the 50s would be done in the next week, but with no explanation as to how this miracle would happen. I know a fair few in the area from 56 down to 50, and none have an appointment yet.

Seems the miracle is one of outsourcing. I have to go down to Dublin for it, at the Helix. I'm not complaining though, happy enough that I have an appointment now. I may take the bus though, rather than drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Is there no appointments for June yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

Sorry whereabouts in Louth (I'm in Drogheda)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

Seems the miracle is one of outsourcing. I have to go down to Dublin for it, at the Helix. I'm not complaining though, happy enough that I have an appointment now. I may take the bus though, rather than drive.
    Sorry whereabouts in Louth I'm in Drogheda

patscott27 wrote: »
    Sorry whereabouts in Louth (I'm in Drogheda)
    Clogher

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭terminator74

Reg: 20/05
    Apt: 1/06
    MVC: Aviva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Clogher

They're apparently doing loads in the fairways today.. Late 50s and some 60+. I know of some people from Drogheda who are included in that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JenniferCo

Did you get a text or is it on the portal? Anyone I know around here would go anywhere to get it at this stage.

JenniferCo wrote: »
    Did you get a text or is it on the portal? Anyone I know around here would go anywhere to get it at this stage.
    I know what you mean. I checked the portal. I still haven't received any text, though that may be because I answered all the questions online and have the appointment sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Notifications seem to be on the portal first and then a text an hour or so later

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

harr wrote: »
    Anyone know what the delay is in punchestown? Or anyone in 45-49 even get an appointment yet ?
    Seems to still large numbers in the 50s still getting done , I know it opened later but the actual numbers they are getting through daily seems to be ridiculously small and causing a huge backlog.
    Surely if they can keep up people should be given the opportunity to use other centres.

Husband 47 registered last week and has heard nothing yet either. We're South Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Corduff D15.
    Registered 15th May.
    Text yesterday for City West Friday May 28 9am.
    Moderna.

Pig of a place to get to without car, will have to get bus into town (which will literally put me within touching distance of Croke Pk) then Luas out to City West.
    Seems to be no way to get location changed, but so be it. Have tried the helpline a few times but always told no.

I'll aim for 9am but if I turn up at 10am rather than 9 would there be any issue?

For anyone wondering, time doesn't really matter, as long as it is the correct date.
    Turned up around 9.25, done and back on the Luas by 10.20. Decent conveyor belt system they have out there.
    Car traffic seemed very nasty around the area, so Luas should be considered if suitable depending on where you come from.

For anyone wondering, time doesn't really matter, as long as it is the correct date.
    Turned up around 9.25, done and back on the Luas by 10.20. Decent conveyor belt system they have out there.
    Car traffic seemed very nasty around the area, so Luas should be considered if suitable depending on where you come from.

How did you get there in the end from D15? Did you have to go into town first and then get a Luas out?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Sleeper12 threadbanned from this thread.

Mod

Lifted after discussion via PM.

A reminder this thread is for discussing appointments and not wider discussion on vaccines. There is a separate thread for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Flying Fox wrote: »
    How did you get there in the end from D15? Did you have to go into town first and then get a Luas out?

My normal bus 38b to Cabra Cross, then changed to 39 bus to get to end of Stoneybatter/Blackhall Place, then onto the Luas at the Museum stop.
    Not ideal obviously but the various connections went seamlessly as luck would have it, e.g., get to Luas stop and the next Saggart tram is in 2 minutes.

My normal bus 38b to Cabra Cross, then changed to 39 bus to get to end of Stoneybatter/Blackhall Place, then onto the Luas at the Museum stop.
    Not ideal obviously but the various connections went seamlessly as luck would have it, e.g., get to Luas stop and the next Saggart tram is in 2 minutes.

Glad it worked out as well as it could. It is a faff though, and a shame they're not allowing a bit of flexibility on location.

• Advertisement

It was 58 at the start of the week, but they're only working 3 days, and only 2 of those are for 50s/60s. Local TDs announced an extra 10k J&J for Louth and that the 50s would be done in the next week, but with no explanation as to how this miracle would happen. I know a fair few in the area from 56 down to 50, and none have an appointment yet.

They are working 4 days at week in Drogheda at the moment. Some of those days are reserved for staff from the Lourdes hospital who are currently getting their 2nd dose and other healthcare workers in the county (doctors, opticians, care assistants), there are also clinics planned for pregnant women who attend the maternity unit in the hospital. The rest of the time is allocated for the general public - they are currently still in the over 55's age group.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Notifications seem to be on the portal first and then a text an hour or so later

Sorry, quoted wrong post.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

tcif wrote: »
    Wondering the same myself. 49 (1971) and still waiting for first appointment.

OH is 51 and had their shot (Pfizer) in Punchestown last Sunday and I was hoping they'd have moved through 2 years a bit faster than that, going on what other people here are reporting for lots of other centres.

My appointment just turned up on the portal, no email yet :)

Reg: 19th
    Portal update: 28th, awaiting text
    Apt: 31st
    MVC: Punchestown

Update: text confirmation arrived within the hour

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭anplaya27

37. Fully vaccinated. Frontline healthcare.

I know what you mean. I checked the portal. I still haven't received any text, though that may be because I answered all the questions online and have the appointment sorted.

Thanks. When is your appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

TEXT: Thursday 27th May
    VACCINE DATE: Sunday 30th May
    LOCATION: I live in Wexford. Appointment is for Carlow, not Enniscorthy.
    VACCINE: Pfizer

Thanks. When is your appointment?
    Monday 31st, hope you get yours soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 1sttime1

TEXT: Friday 28th May
    VACCINE DATE: Sunday 30th May
    Couldn't be happier..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moyet

TEXT: Friday 28th May
    VACCINE DATE: TUES 1ST JUNE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

harr wrote: »
    Anyone know what the delay is in punchestown? Or anyone in 45-49 even get an appointment yet ?
    Seems to still large numbers in the 50s still getting done , I know it opened later but the actual numbers they are getting through daily seems to be ridiculously small and causing a huge backlog.
    Surely if they can keep up people should be given the opportunity to use other centres.

A 50 year old from work is going there on sunday.
    They registered at just after midnight for 50s, whenever that was.
    Text yesterday afternoon.

Advertisement