Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

Flying Fox wrote: »
    My 49 yo relative in north county Dublin is also still waiting, it seems a bit random.

She just got the text for the Helix on Saturday. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

150+ no shows everyday in the Helix. There is some sort of backup list but how it works nobody knows. A mad scramble there after 4pm every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

150+ no shows everyday in the Helix. There is some sort of backup list but how it works nobody knows. A mad scramble there after 4pm every day.

You'd wonder why go to the bother of registering if you have no intention of showing up. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

At some point you’d think that the backup list will become very short indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

Wonder is there anyway to register for a backup list-I could be there in 30 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

family member:
    46 (Jan '75)
    registered 22nd May
    Appointment 30th
    Pairc Uí C
    Moderna

Happy to say I've had both my jabs, Pfizer, and still alive :)

OrlaFS2017 wrote: »
    Wonder is there anyway to register for a backup list-I could be there in 30 mins!

If you are registered,go down to your nearest centre after 4pm and ask
    It works a lot of the time
    I also know of cases where partners have turned up and one's appointment is 2 days later but they've done both if there are no show's
    My advice is to politely ask
    If you want jaansens 1 shot and done,you could go down on a day thats being given and see if you can fill in for no shows

• Registered Users Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Id put a lot of these down to the fact that many don't receive the text & don't know that they have an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Id put a lot of these down to the fact that many don't receive the text & don't know that they have an appointment

I’d suspect that there are also people who registered and were waiting on doctors to call. See which came first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

And there's a lot who may have been offered a vaccine brand that they don't want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't know how many vacancies Helix gives per day but originally it was pl to do 5000. 150 no shows wouldn't be very high taking into account the possible reasons given in the last few posts

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

If you are registered,go down to your nearest centre after 4pm and ask
    It works a lot of the time
    I also know of cases where partners have turned up and one's appointment is 2 days later but they've done both if there are no show's
    My advice is to politely ask
    If you want jaansens 1 shot and done,you could go down on a day thats being given and see if you can fill in for no shows

I’ll be in the next bracket to register so hopefully won’t have too much longer to wait 🀞ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

My sis just checked the portal and has an appointment sitting there, no text yet!
    Galway
    Moderna

Edit just asked date - Sunday 30th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DipDiphooray

OrlaFS2017 wrote: »
    I’ll be in the next bracket to register so hopefully won’t have too much longer to wait 🀞ðŸ¼

Metoo.... Get it in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't know how many vacancies Helix gives per day but originally it was pl to do 5000. 150 no shows wouldn't be very high taking into account the possible reasons given in the last few posts

It's been as high as 300. Average is now at 150.
    I'd say the fact it's free is another reason people don't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭by the seaside

5 to 10% is a pretty typical Did Not Attend (DNA) rate in Irish healthcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

I live within walking distance to the Helix, am 45 and registered. Wonder if I turned up tomorrow would they vaccinate me? Worth a try but not sure if I’d have the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Friends of friend (so third hand)
    45 x 2
    PuC
    Monday
    Vaccine not known...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

Nov2006 wrote: »
    I live within walking distance to the Helix, am 45 and registered. Wonder if I turned up tomorrow would they vaccinate me? Worth a try but not sure if I’d have the neck.

I tried in Drogheda. Security asked me if I had proof of appointment. Said no. If you could get a HSE staff member to talk to they might. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

patscott27 wrote: »
    I tried in Drogheda. Security asked me if I had proof of appointment. Said no. If you could get a HSE staff member to talk to they might. Worth a try.
    Well to be honest they don't seem to want to vaccinate anyone in Drogheda. Every day just leads to us falling further and further behind in the age cohorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Text received: 25th May
    Appointment: 26th May (Citywest)
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

registered 13th May
    mullingar
    Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

I've an appt tomorrow for the Helix. No choice but to bring my 8 year old with me. Is this going to be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know how long it takes to get another appointment after texting New?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes to get another appointment after texting New?

Unfortunately not. It could be days or weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

netopia wrote: »
    I've an appt tomorrow for the Helix. No choice but to bring my 8 year old with me. Is this going to be an issue?

No I doubt it but maybe bring a mask for them just in case that’s an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Friend is 46.
    Registered on Saturday morning.
    Appointment text came this evening.
    This Tuesday, 1st June.
    Moderna.
    Galway Racecourse Ballybritt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Notified: 25th May
    Vaccine Date: 27th May
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    Mood: Thrilled

To follow up from this....Appointment in the Helix was for 3.35pm today.
    I arrived 3 or 4 mins early.
    Vaccine was done by 3.37pm!!
    It was very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Multipass wrote: »
    My sis just checked the portal and has an appointment sitting there, no text yet!
    Galway
    Moderna

Edit just asked date - Sunday 30th

How do you check the portal? The only logon I can see allows you to register, did she try to reregister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

How do you check the portal? The only logon I can see allows you to register, did she try to reregister?

Click on the ‘already have an account’ bit on the registration page

Advertisement