Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

corkie wrote: »
    @reubenreuben

Did you get a verification email and follow the steps to get a text?

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/user-guide/

If you didn't your not registered?

Try logging in here? : - https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

I got all the above so must be registered but it wont accept my password so went to reset it and received the email to reset. But when clicking on the link it keeps going back to reset password page and not to enter a new one? strange

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

@reubenreuben

Try again tomorrow, in case it just a bug tonight.
    If not resolved then, contact the Helpline, details should be in link posted above.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Any word on what age they’re currently vaccinating in Punchestown Kildare?

Brother in law 53 only getting his done tomorrow, seems to be a huge staff shortage. I will be lower end 45-50s and it will punchestown so I recon I have a few weeks wait ahead of me.
    I haven’t heard of anyone in the 45-50s age bracket getting done yet in punchestown .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is it possible to de-register and register at a different address?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Is it possible to de-register and register at a different address?
    It has to be done via a supervisor on the HSE helpline. That’s how I did it. Make sure that you choose the appointments option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Apparently the worst run centre for vaccines in Ireland. Way behind, started late, looking for volunteers to manage the queues.

I'm waiting 13 days for Appointment 1 to be sent out to me..... I'm 50.
    muckisluck wrote: »
    I dont think youve been reading this thread if you think your the worst centre. Louth/east meath has to own that title. 60 year olds still waiting. Its a total mismanaged mess up here

I can't understand how some centres seem to be so far behind, while others are ploughing through the cohorts. I thought there were plenty of people who came forward to work as vaccinators for the HSE. As for queues and other logistical issues, the likes of Punchestown has the Curragh Camp up the road with hundreds of army personnel who could be called on to help sort it out...being a national public health emergency situation and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Cole wrote: »
    I can't understand how some centres seem to be so far behind, while others are ploughing through the cohorts. I thought there were plenty of people who came forward to work as vaccinators for the HSE. As for queues and other logistical issues, the likes of Punchestown has the Curragh Camp up the road with hundreds of army personnel who could be called on to help sort it out...being a national public health emergency situation and all that.

Army personnel are already used to help with logistics, queues etc at MVCs afaik.

This was from March

https://twitter.com/defenceforces/status/1375474441325584392?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Are the appointment texts being sent out at all hours or just during “working” hours (eg, 8-6)?

Just wondering if i haven’t received a text by, say 7pm, is that likely it for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Registered 19 May
    text yesterday 26 May
    Apt today 27 May
    Greystones
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

gozunda wrote: »
    Army personnel are already used to help with logistics, queues etc at MVCs afaik.

This was from March

https://twitter.com/defenceforces/status/1375474441325584392?s=20

Ah yes I'm aware that they're involved already, but it seems they need to be involved a bit more in certain centres to sort out delays. They might be small, but one of the things that our Defence Forces are recognised for is their competence in logistics planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Registered 13 May
    text 25 May
    Apt 28 May
    City West
    Moderna

EDit wrote: »
    Are the appointment texts being sent out at all hours or just during “working” hours (eg, 8-6)?

Just wondering if i haven’t received a text by, say 7pm, is that likely it for the day

Both mine and husbands texts come through at 8.30-9-ish in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

What's the story. It's stuck on 45 year olds all week? Is it due to demographics(baby boom in the late 70s) or are they trying to clear the backlog?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heraldo

Brother: 49
    Registered 19 May
    text yesterday 26 May
    Apt tomorrow 28 May
    Aviva
    Pfizer

Me: 50
    Registered 5th May
    text yesterday 26 May
    Apt Sunday 30 May
    Croke Park
    Pfizer

Friend: 51
    Registered 5th May
    text yesterday 26 May
    Apt Saturday 29 May
    Croke Park
    Pfizer

Enniscorthy MVC seems to be slow
    50yr olds still waiting appointments there

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mimon wrote: »
    What's the story. It's stuck on 45 year olds all week? Is it due to demographics(baby boom in the late 70s) or are they trying to clear the backlog?
    There's nobody else below that age group registered and there are a lot of AZ second shots to do over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Age 50 / registered on 12th May / received text on 26th May for an appointment for the 3rd of June for the Janssen vaccine / West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

It does look like in many places they aren't doing to the 45-49s for the next few days. The appointments that are being reported here are increasingly the early 50s cohort. It doesn't look like the 45-49s will be finished for at least another 10 days and possibly longer. Even here in Cork where a good few 45s are being vaccinated today, there are still loads of 46s, 47s and 48s to do and I am not aware of any more 45-49s being done til Sunday (after today).

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

51 / had Pfizer on May 24th (back in 4 weeks) / Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Debub wrote: »
    Age 50 / registered on 12th May / received text on 26th May for an appointment for the 3rd of June for the Janssen vaccine / West Cork

The delay in our area is due to lack of vaccinators. Local hospital nurses have now been asked to volunteer on weekends to help with the vaccines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Youngest I know in Dublin getting vaccine this weekend is 48, 49 in Aug. Huge cohort left. I’d say full 2 weeks before they are near 45s.

I see RTE now reporting "...Meanwhile, people aged 45 to 49 started to register for vaccine appointments over a week ago, while those aged 40 to 44 will be able to do so from the middle of next week....". The 40-44 cohort keep getting pushed back. Last weekend we were told "later this week" (i.e. around now), then it was the start of next week, now its the middle of next week. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Russman

is_that_so wrote: »
    There's nobody else below that age group registered and there are a lot of AZ second shots to do over the next few weeks.

I agree with you, but just wondering, are most of the AZ second doses due shortly not mainly HCWs ? Are/were they done through the MVCs or through their workplaces etc ?
    I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that when the portal opened to the public first, it was the 60-69 cohort and they largely got AZ and aren't due their second doses until well into July, so could the MVCs not truck along through the cohorts anyway, while the second doses are being given out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They're not being pushed as they were never scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Russman wrote: »
    I agree with you, but just wondering, are most of the AZ second doses due shortly not mainly HCWs ? Are/were they done through the MVCs or through their workplaces etc ?
    I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that when the portal opened to the public first, it was the 60-69 cohort and they largely got AZ and aren't due their second doses until well into July, so could the MVCs not truck along through the cohorts anyway, while the second doses are being given out ?
    It's HCWs and the massively expanded group 2, most of whom were done via the MVCs and back in March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Russman

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's HCWs and the massively expanded group 2, most of whom were done via the MVCs and back in March/April.

Ahh yes, I forgot about the expanded group 2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I see RTE now reporting "...Meanwhile, people aged 45 to 49 started to register for vaccine appointments over a week ago, while those aged 40 to 44 will be able to do so from the middle of next week....". The 40-44 cohort keep getting pushed back. Last weekend we were told "later this week" (i.e. around now), then it was the start of next week, now its the middle of next week. Disappointing.

Hardly being pushed back when there never was an indicative date given.

The HSE and Government indicated at the start of the week they would give the timeline for registration later this week, today's Thursday so its later this week and it looks like the timeline is being firmed up to be announced shortly.

40s are the largest demogrpahic yet, its going to take time

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

There is no point opening it up if they can’t honour the 3 weeks waiting period, at the current rate with the HCW getting their 2nd doses it will be at least 2 weeks before the 45s get done and that’s at a push.

Hurrache wrote: »
    They're not being pushed as they were never scheduled.

Well I am saying that the time for them to register keeps getting pushed back. I can look it up if you want but Government sources indicated in the last week that they would be registering around now. Then the IT yesterday reported Government sources as saying it would be next week. Now RTE, presumably being briefed by Government sources, are saying the middle if next week. You are correct, no appointments were scheduled and pushed back, or anything like that , but the time for registering has been. Again, no one's fault, they are doing their best, but it's still disappointing.

• Advertisement

Nov2006 wrote: »
    There is no point opening it up if they can’t honour the 3 weeks waiting period, at the current rate with the HCW getting their 2nd doses it will be at least 2 weeks before the 45s get done and that’s at a push.

You are right, but it can still be disappointing! Clearly Government expectations were that they would be able to open up the registration by now but, for the reason you correctly say, they have had to revise that.

Advertisement