Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

BBC weather forecast summary ...

I'm emigrating...

Summary
    Often unsettled and cooler than normal.
    An unseasonably stormy end to May is heralding a cool start to meteorological summer, with an often unsettled and cool pattern persisting through June.
    This pattern will occasionally be broken up be high pressure systems that build in from the southwest, but these will tend to be short-lived settled spells.
    Rain will most frequently take the form of heavy or thundery afternoon showers, but there is a chance of more unseasonably stormy days around mid-June.
    Although there is a growing chance for warmer weather later, it looks like June will stay cooler than normal and more springlike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Ardent

We just hailstones here in North Kildare. Wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭highdef

Ardent wrote: »

I was at the very edge of that shower. Shower looks more intense now, looking towards the southeast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Zipppy wrote: »
    BBC weather forecast summary ...

I'm emigrating...

Summary
    Often unsettled and cooler than normal.
    An unseasonably stormy end to May is heralding a cool start to meteorological summer, with an often unsettled and cool pattern persisting through June.
    This pattern will occasionally be broken up be high pressure systems that build in from the southwest, but these will tend to be short-lived settled spells.
    Rain will most frequently take the form of heavy or thundery afternoon showers, but there is a chance of more unseasonably stormy days around mid-June.
    Although there is a growing chance for warmer weather later, it looks like June will stay cooler than normal and more springlike.

This will be a big improvement on autumnlike :pac:

I'd take that forecast with a pinch of salt, accuracy beyond 5 days is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

In Cork - yday NO.YR had Sun for Wednesday - thats changed now.. rain and cloud al day.. :o:(:(:(:(

The weather is really getting me down.. and no one to take my anger out on grr.. no one to blame (well except for every human being since the industrial revolution perhaps.. myself included :eek:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Graphs of last 12 months of temperature data at a few selected stations. It's been a pretty cool period of late.

Malin Head
    Claremorris
    Mullingar
    Casement
    Gurteen
    Valentia
    Johnstown Castle

BALLYHAISE_TEMP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Blustery cool evening. I want to say at least it’s not raining but it’s the end of May!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Shocker again. Cool and windy with heavy downpours thrown in. Awful altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

Ardent wrote: »

when I read this this morn I thought WTF - then an hr later - we had the same here in Cork :eek: and I think there was thunder too..

then sun and wind - blue sky with nasty looking clouds.. pure crazy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Flogging rain,8c and the stove lit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

God its freezing this evening. We must be due a 30c this Summer after this 2 month big freeze. Thanks a lot Greenland.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Why is it still freezing??

Enjoy from Wednesday on. A few days of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I still don't see anything over 14 or 15c forecast until Sunday, which will be 17c, I'd hardly call it heat!

I still don't see anything over 14 or 15c forecast until Sunday, which will be 17c, I'd hardly call it heat!

17c is a scorcher by these standards.

It strikes me that the bbc June forecast is worse for the U.K. than Ireland as the lows are, unusually, to their northeast and the battling high pressure to their south west. Which could benefit us. Fingers crossed.

[url] https://www.bbc.com/weather/outlook[/url]

True yeah 17 when the sun comes out will be like being on the Med the way things have been

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just can't shift that cursed wind during the day lowering the temps.
    Thought I could make out some noctilucent clouds to my west just now, very difficult with all the street lights. Haven't seen them in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another horrible morning. Raining and cool yet again. It's fairly depressing at this stage.

East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Another horrible morning. Raining and cool yet again. It's fairly depressing at this stage.

East Cork.

Yep same here wet cool and dreary. Temp 9 degrees real feel 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Wet cold and miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Same in Galway wet and cold temp 10 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Same in Galway wet and cold temp 10 degrees
    I'm in Galway and not a drop of rain here.

New Moon

Well that's a strange one I drove from Newcastle to Ballybrit and rain all the way outside now in Ballybrit and it is raining check the radar

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm sure Oneiric has a better fax chart

Nothing wrong with your fax charts at all! :cool:

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with your fax charts at all! :cool:

Or he is still in bed

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Well that's a strange one I drove from Newcastle to Ballybrit and rain all the way outside now in Ballybrit and it is raining check the radar

Yeah, just looked at the radar and it looks to be raining in the city. Just a smooth blanket of grey here (with a little slice of blue to the NE) on the edge of that system.

New Moon

wasn't the worst morning in Dublin but overcast now and breezy, it's bloody cold though, feels colder than it's supposed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Has the weather got sick? Is there a weatherdemic?
    COLDvid 21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A much better day here in Castlebar. Pleasant morning with sunny spells and light winds. 14 degrees.

Advertisement