Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

A lovely rustic flat in Main Street Ranelagh but maybe don't go opening that window.

NWNjMTE2NWZlZTQyZmRhN2YxN2Y1YmU2YWQ4NTdkYzbLfSqU_pc5Rx60jDz4s3gYaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzgvNi84NjU2Y2RkNjg2YWFhMjkzZjBiOTI2MDFjNDRjNjMyNC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Landlord looks a bit creepy...

51193690201_ea928565ec_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

You can give the shower a lick of paint while you're in it.

NTBhNTA0MGJmZTA5NWNiOGEwZjEyMGM2NzZjZDk4ZTGL7pP8gRJnkGigpXUO6GF8aHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2IvMy9iM2QzYjZiYTQxNTliODNhZDE3NmNmMWI3ZDU5NTk3MS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Interesting house here, "Capilano" at the top of Ticknock Road. I'd love the views, bar and video game arcade. I'd hate the ugliness of the exterior and the noise from being right beside the M50.

It was asking 2.25 million back in 2015, 6 years of house price inflation and it's only asking half that now :confused:

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-capilano-ticknock-road-stepaside-dublin-18/3236251

Lots of thoughts and ideas went into the making of that, each one more fugly than the last.

70% of the value of the property must me the large site where you could probably sell a site or two.

What's with the door and the coat of arms? on the window. Were they originally from Switzerland?!

And see the tapered, sloping roof. What was the idea behind that?

Surely, no architect put their paws on any of that house, unless they use etch a sketch as CAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

humberklog wrote: »
    I don't know the prices of houses there but I'd say you'd be looking at pouring a lot of money into it to make it right. Re-wiring, windows, doors, roof, kitchen, bathroom, landscaping.
    It'd be the guts of €100k+ depending on the finish you want.

0345-E32-C-8-E93-4930-A68-A-93432-D8-CD8-B0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

colm_mcm wrote: »

Exclusive access to 66 mountain view park, scene of a heinous murder?

Dont ask why the carpets have been removed (gards took them) or why its been empty so long (gards took them too)

Absolutely unbelievable stuff.

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Exclusive access to 66 mountain view park, scene of a heinous murder?

Dont ask why the carpets have been removed (gards took them) or why its been empty so long (gards took them too)

Absolutely unbelievable stuff.

Does this estate agent sell used cars as well? Well dodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

"Exclusive preview for our followers" - the bang of celtic tiger is strong off that one.

More likely the removal from the usual platforms is to stop it being shared on social media as "a murder house".

Try and get a few unsuspecting suckers in the door 1st.

Maybe get a bidding war going before you can say "was the shower tray at 66 mountain view park always missing or was it taken by the gards looking for evidence of the kind of violence most civilised people cant even fathom"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lots of thoughts and ideas went into the making of that, each one more fugly than the last.

70% of the value of the property must me the large site where you could probably sell a site or two.

What's with the door and the coat of arms? on the window. Were they originally from Switzerland?!

And see the tapered, sloping roof. What was the idea behind that?

Surely, no architect put their paws on any of that house, unless they use etch a sketch as CAD.

up to 15 years ago any fool could call themselves an architect.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    "Exclusive preview for our followers" - the bang of celtic tiger is strong off that one.

More likely the removal from the usual platforms is to stop it being shared on social media as "a murder house".

Try and get a few unsuspecting suckers in the door 1st.

Maybe get a bidding war going before you can say "was the shower tray at 66 mountain view park always missing or was it taken by the gards looking for evidence of the kind of violence most civilised people cant even fathom"

There’s a video of it on YouTube, even if it wasn’t a murder house, it’s still a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭PommieBast

wassie wrote: »
    I would say it depends upon whether the agent was aware of any material facts that may be prejudicial to the purchaser. Likewise, if a vendor fails to disclose or deliberately hides this, the agent may claim they were never aware of this fact.
    Looking back at when I was property hunting I am pretty sure such concealment under the guise of ignorance is rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

up to 15 years ago any fool could call themselves an architect.

Now gone the other extreme, you can do your degree in architecture but if you don't sign up to some closed shop traders guild and pay a hefty membership fee then you're still not an architect

Now gone the other extreme, you can do your degree in architecture but if you don't sign up to some closed shop traders guild and pay a hefty membership fee then you're still not an architect

yeah the conflict of interest there is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

They seem to give sellers unrealistic values too to try get clients. The same house went up twice on daft last week with these and one other agent. These had it at 550k, the other at 495k. We had them out a couple of years ago when we first considered selling and they were 30k above the two others we spoke to. We made enquiries about other properties they were selling and were put right off. If a house went up with them it put us off even enquiring.

On the topic of the murder houses, we have gone sale agreed on a house recently. I googled the address and found court case where the man there was locked up for possession of a substantial amount of drugs. We went for a walk around the area and spoke to some neighbours. They said it’s known in the area as “the drug dealers house”.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

colm_mcm wrote: »

The bottom of that ad is what happens when there is a marriage between an estate agent who makes a living blowing smoke up peoples holes and Instagram which is an entire platform dedicated to hosting people who blow smoke up other peoples holes.

So when trying to sell a murder house thats been ransacked by CSI Gardai for big money the estate agent serves us us up these gems -
    #homsesweethome
    #homeiswheretheheartis
    #lifepassion
    #inspirational

I felt a little bit sick in my mouth reading that

tobsey wrote: »
    On the topic of the murder houses, we have gone sale agreed on a house recently. I googled the address and found court case where the man there was locked up for possession of a substantial amount of drugs. We went for a walk around the area and spoke to some neighbours. They said it’s known in the area as “the drug dealers house”.

Small bit of advice, I would call to the local garda station and ask them to kindly note on their system, that you are the new owners from whatever day you get it. Former residents no longer live there etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Isn't that why Florida is so popular with retirees? No property tax?

There is property tax in Florida. About 1000 a year for a medium size gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

bubblypop wrote: »
    Small bit of advice, I would call to the local garda station and ask them to kindly note on their system, that you are the new owners from whatever day you get it. Former residents no longer live there etc....

Would that prevent any future drug raids?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

A drug raid on a house requires a warrant and evidence and intelligence to back up that warrant. The warrant would have to have the correct persons name on it to be valid. Your house isn’t going to be raided on the back of previous occupants. The Gardaí know where that guy lives now.

However, there can be issues buying a car that previously belonged to someone of interest to the Gardaí. They don’t need a warrant to pull it over, so if a Garda just sees “Deco McGlinty’s” car driving along the M50, it could well be pulled over, even though Deco sold it on.

Unfortunately, people can and do give previous or fake addresses when stopped/arrested.
    Seeing as he has previous at that address, it's always a possibility. How would a.guard know he had moved unless they were told?
    Guards do get it wrong sometimes.

• Advertisement

You would hope so, but, it has happened in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

If you buy a drug dealers house, surely you might have far more interesting characters call to the door than the cops.

Muahahaha wrote: »

So when trying to sell a murder house thats been ransacked by CSI Gardai for big money the estate agent serves us us up these gems -
    #homsesweethome
    #homeiswheretheheartis
    #lifepassion
    #inspirational

I felt a little bit sick in my mouth reading that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u90orY1070Q&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭josip

You don't need the ' youtu.be/' in between the YOUTUBE tags, just 'u90orY1070Q'

josip wrote: »
    You don't need the ' youtu.be/' in between the YOUTUBE tags, just 'u90orY1070Q'

I struggle:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭josip

There is property tax in Florida. About 1000 a year for a medium size gaff

There is but it is much less than New York for example. There is also no state income tax in Florida. There are no estate taxes in florida which is also a draw for retirees.

There is but it is much less than New York for example. There is also no state income tax in Florida. There are no estate taxes in florida which is also a draw for retirees.

One of my aunts retired to Florida after living her life in New York, it was the heat and weather that brought her and the hubby there.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

bubblypop wrote: »
    The Neighbours will find out eventually that this was an ''In Family Transaction'' and you will be sussed. I don't think putting an (early) alibi on Boards will cut the mustard when the **** hits the fan. Thread carefully Man...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A drug raid on a house requires a warrant and evidence and intelligence to back up that warrant. The warrant would have to have the correct persons name on it to be valid. Your house isn’t going to be raided on the back of previous occupants. The Gardaí know where that guy lives now.

A drug raid needs a warrant alright, but that's about it.

Scanty or incorrect information will be enough to get your house raided by the Gardai, no names and no idea of actual occupants are required. You'll be lucky to even get an apology from the Gards, more of a shrug of the shoulders and "just doing our job"...

Advertisement