Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

553405.jpg

ongarite wrote: »
    Another one from Ugly Irish Houses.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-lake-view-house-lacken-co-wicklow/3223195

MjE5N2Y0ODkzZjJlYThmZGZjNjliOWQ5ODhlOTdiOWRu2-eq2OJYxvWl5NZ_givlaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzgvNS84NTI0YmY5ODA1MGEwM2VhMDM3ZDQyN2VhNWZmOTUzNS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Lots to look at here:
    Crazy kitchen design
    Feature fireplace wall
    Jumbo Shower
    Home gym with integrated toilet/jacuzzi.
    Ceiling fans

Black tarmac, roof slates, black kitchen, black decor...
    Don't forget the green cross code before going from one side to the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

For all the money they put into it (an the money they are trying to charge for it!), there was some terrible workmanship. Look at photo 3 as an example...

553418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Don't forget the green cross code before going from one side to the other!

aw man now that you've said it can someone with the skills please photoshop the Beatles/Abbey Road into that kitchen

Muahahaha wrote: »
    aw man now that you've said it can someone with the skills please photoshop the Beatles/Abbey Road into that kitchen

553425.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

^^^:D:D I really don't get the attraction of the pod showers/steam room. You'd break your neck climbing in and out.

The kitchen door on the right of the photo is higher than the one on the left and has an extra step up to it. Who thought that asymmetry would look good? :confused:

Oh, you had to point that out fo me! Now that would mess with my dyspraxic brain. I literally wouldn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

553425.jpg

ah brilliant Gregor, the house has just increased in value. We should send that to the estate agents to throw up on the listing :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That kitchen floor makes me feel slightly dizzy, just looking at the picture of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The reflection detail is fantastic, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It looks like it's a few hundred yards down the road from Badda Bing.

I’ve been to the bar they use as the Badda Bing on The Sopranos Tour. It’s literally feet off a highway in NJ with nothing else around it.

Classy joint (not).

• Advertisement

For some reason, and maybe it’s the way it’s photographed, but Willy Wonka comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

I’ve been to the bar they use as the Badda Bing on The Sopranos Tour. It’s literally feet off a highway in NJ with nothing else around it.

Classy joint (not).

They do address this in the Sopranos when Carmela and Rosalie go to Paris, Carm breaks down in tears looking at a statue on one of the bridges.
    After that we cut back to New Jersey and Silvio is outside the Bing yelling 'clean that **** off her tit'

Hilarious stuff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Do you think it's supposed to be a feature wall?!

We're getting all the classic album covers this week

553523.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Do you think it's supposed to be a feature wall?!

If it was one wall I could go with that but it seems that they have done it with a couple of walls.

Darragh

What.Now wrote: »
    If it was one wall I could go with that but it seems that they have done it with a couple of walls.

They've a "feature celling" in a similar state of unfinishedness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

P9gGyI8E_o.png

Is that a kid on a bike? Not an ideal scenario if that's the view from your bed

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

dotsman wrote: »
    For all the money they put into it (an the money they are trying to charge for it!), there was some terrible workmanship. Look at photo 3 as an example...

That was the first thing i noticed as well, but I'd say you could rent out the Adult Entertainment Industry and do all right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

It all looks perfectly normal till you have a closer look at the couch in picture 5.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/48-heatherview-avenue-oldbawn-tallaght-dublin-24/4474297

fea273fd-230b-4448-afe8-e307e73ea6a6_x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Looks like Gail Platt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It all looks perfectly normal till you have a closer look at the couch in picture 5.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/48-heatherview-avenue-oldbawn-tallaght-dublin-24/4474297

[IMG][/img]
    Who shrunk Eamon Dunphy?

fea273fd-230b-4448-afe8-e307e73ea6a6_x.jpg

That, and the birds in the background combined :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That, and the birds in the background combined :D

I didn't notice the birds! Bit of a Norman Bates vibe off that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Odelay wrote: »
    JFC!!!!! I only noticed the ceiling joist now. He hadn't a bit of timber long enough to span the width so two bits are bolted together in the middle!! And it looks like its bowing!! :eek:

That "house" was on Ugly Irish Houses on Instagram. It appears to be some sort of shed in someone's garden.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Archeron

I thought everybody had the top half of a dead granny, varnished, on the couch.

Had enough of cushions? We have just the thing......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

RE: concrete feature wall. I fear there is no insulation there which is quite concerning for both winters and summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is something very strange about that block wall, apart from it being exceptionally badly built. It almost looks as though someone has done some very poor photoshop work on it, but the effects are the same on both pics 1 and 4, so it must be the wall. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

looksee wrote: »
    There is something very strange about that block wall, apart from it being exceptionally badly built. It almost looks as though someone has done some very poor photoshop work on it, but the effects are the same on both pics 1 and 4, so it must be the wall. Very odd.

i don't think "exceptionally badly" quite covers it. that blockwork would be unacceptable on a garden wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

RE: concrete feature wall. I fear there is no insulation there which is quite concerning for both winters and summers.
    The same for the ceiling/ roof it looks like one sheet of something and that’s it .. I think a standard garden shed would be warmer. Imagine the noise when raining.
    Surely that’s not fit for human habitation.

Advertisement