Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

A person that I know recovered from covid mid March and still can't taste or smell anything. That's worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

A person that I know recovered from covid mid March and still can't taste or smell anything. That's worrying!

Myself and my wife both had it at the end of February and have ongoing symptoms.

Luckily I didnt lose my taste or smell but my wife lost both. She still hasnt got them back. Doctor advised it could take 6 months or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

My friend recovered his sense of smell after five months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Tested negative, still feel like **** though. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I was just about to post to see how long some people had to wait to get their taste and smell back.

****, 6 months. That won't be fun.

I'm good to leave the house from Monday morning and besides the taste and smell, I feel 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Had covid early in January and recovered, but woke up this morning sweating and my first thought was covid, also lower back stiff and I have a pain in my head when standing up, like a blood vessel is going to burst. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,817 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Was talking to a relative that was positive, still struggling with breathing issues and is suffering from night terrors, not a nice one

Phil.x wrote: »
    Had covid early in January and recovered, but woke up this morning sweating and my first thought was covid, also lower back stiff and I have a pain in my head when standing up, like a blood vessel is going to burst. :(

So you think you are having a relapse of covid? Couldn't they just be post-symptoms of what you had in January?
    I had covid across early April-mid May last year, without symptoms, but I had symptoms later on in the year, say from July 2020 onwards, and some of them are still present.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Was talking to a relative that was positive, still struggling with breathing issues and is suffering from night terrors, not a nice one

What do they mean by "night terrors"? Very bad nightmares?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,817 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement

Anyone been vaccinated yet?

I was due mine a few weeks ago. Registered and was ready to go but my doctor rang and said she had vaccines for both myself and my wife. She advised against going ahead with our HSE appointments. She wanted us to wait at least three months after COVID before getting it as we both had long term symptoms.

Anyway we both finally got it yesterday. Pfizer. One and only jab for both of us as we had previously had COVID.

I’ve suffered with them on and off for years. My wife has often caught me running out of the bedroom yelling in terror.

I have learned to wake myself up out of them now, although it’s not ideal for my wife. I realise when I’m asleep and having them that it is indeed a bad dream and yell at the top of my voice in the dream to wake myself up.

It works but I wake up yelling at full volume and obviously wake my wife up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I can't speak for night terrors, but breathing issues certainly. 15/16 months on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

There was a piece on the French news last night about a mountain respiratory health spa and helping people rehab with Long Covid symptoms. Mind yourselves the place looked beautiful maybe someone could do something similar in cork/kerry mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭galaxy12

Whole family tested +ve beginning of march . Our kids recovered quickly within days and both mrs and myself too the longest and cough /cold persisted till about good 2 weeks .

We gradually got better but have not developed rashes post recovery . I hear and read that there is a bit of research on this in UK and elsewhere through locally here there seems to less information on post recovery symptoms .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Tested positive Sunday, out for a walk, started to become short of breath and in the end had to take my partners inhaler to walk, thought it was a panic attack at first. Tested positive as soon as I was home, albeit a faint line. Had to remind myself to take deep breaths as I felt like I was suffocating without drowning, sort of like CO2 or NItrogen asphixiation. Sore throat that night like razor Blades, wheezing the next day but then just turned into a bad cold. Felt better today until I started coughing so hard it tore the lining of my throat but overall, could have been worse and I am improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tested positive today after avoiding it for over two years 😅🤣 so far my symptoms are just nausea and a very very slight cough, to the degree I wouldn’t even notice it had we not all become so cough paranoid! I took a test on Sunday because I woke up feeling kind of off, was shivering with the cold for most of the day and could not get the heat in to me, also had a very slight and brief pain in the back of my legs, but the test was negative. Hoping the symptoms stay mild!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Get Real

Started feeling achey and jelly-like limbs on Sunday. Took an antigen, it was negative.

Mild sore throat developed, hot and cold sensations, positive antigen yesterday evening (Tuesday)

I know for most people, this thing is old news. But sweet jesus, my throat is in a million ribbons. I can't swallow, I can't sleep, I'm doing salt water gargles and using numbing throat spray. No joy. Shards of glass it feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need something that will kill the virus in your throat and nose quickly, no recommendation are allowed but have a google there's a few off the shelf products that will hopefully do the trick and relieve your throat pain, the same for the fever.

Don't forget to get a HSE PCR test if you need a travel certificate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Probably on day six of it with nothing to report I'd worry about. Can remember waking up when it started to take hold on Monday night a week back, started with very runny noise and sore throat. Main thing was the very sore throat for a couple of days, but I get that regularly anyway, an occasional chest clearing cough, runny noise, again I get that worse with hay fever and did have a bit of a headache which I put down to an overly large dose of something I take for a sore throat and runny noise.

Only problem is I have the car booked in for an NCT tomorrow. Will just take the €22 hit, if the bastards actually let you rebook because of Covid I'd cancel but it costs me the same either way so I'll leave some slack in the system tomorrow and start looking for a cancellation online tomorrow night - the irony ;-) Might take an antigen test in the morning just in case it might be clear?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Nearly three weeks since the positive test and a full week since the negative... Finally starting to feel normal again and even managed to do some cardio in the gym rather than just weights. I simply could not do cardio last week as my respiration was really poor. The headache isn't there today either which is a huge difference, it had been there for at least 18 days and was ridiculously annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tested positive last Tuesday. Felt fairly unwell on Wednesday and Thursday I was coughing a lot and had a sore throat, headache. Since then I've just had a fairly dull but constant headache and felt a bit nauseous at times. But hopefully over the worst now. Managed to work from home even if I didn't particularly feel like it for the first couple of days. Looks like I can expect to still test positive for another little while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,874 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You can only get a HSE PCR test in certain circumstances though.

I tested positive last night...sore throat and aches and pains....not great. My other half can get test as in healthcare. My first positive test ever but at least I managed to to go on my long delayed honeymoon

Day 7 by my reckoning and just tested negative. Surprised at that as I still have a bit of a sore throat and stuffed up head, but that could at this stage just be hay fever. So I can take the car for the NCT. I did two tests today, first one didn't work, put the two drops on the test "thingy" and didn't see the slight shading of the test strip as the solution soaked along it. Half an hour later test showed nothing, all blank. Second test ran as expected and came back with the single bar "T" for to show the test had run OK but no bar for "C".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I tested negative on all antigen tests but tested positive on PCR last week. My daughter who I cannot isolate from tested negative thankfully despite me looking after her.

Although my antigens were negative, I had high temperatures, awful sore throat & headache along with exhaustion. Starting to feel human again 8 days later. This is my second time having covid. The first time was confirmed Delta with no vaccines & that was a whole different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Just feels absolutely bizarre to have it, I've done a huge mountain of negative tests but positive last Friday. Thursday's was negative with slight sore throat and headache. It never really took hold, cough got very sore Friday night but the running nose is gone and the cough is only a thing at night and much shallower now. Due back to work physically on Day 8 Friday, really hoping to get a negative test before then even though it's not necessary anymore. Relief isn't even the word to have avoided the worst of this virus after avoiding it in healthcare for more than 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

woke up this am feeling sore all over - flu like symptoms - temp, sweating etc.. 2 -ve antigen tests so far.. (diff brands).. no sore throat or cough..

I was in a hospital visiting a sick loved one between sun - tue - mayb I picked up something..

I hope its not covid cos then they might be at risk...

gosh i am sore all over.. took Nurofen so sweating buckets..

i'm going back to bed..

thoughts? covid or just flu?

i'll do another antigen test tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The antigen tests were all negative for me. I tested positive on PCR

• Advertisement

I think you really need to keep taking the antigen test and or get a PCR test if you think you might have Covid. The antigen tests I took early on came back negative even though I had worse symptoms (but still quite mild) than when I did test positive.

Advertisement