Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

13.06L/100km in my old gas guzzling 1986 3.5 .

ELM327 wrote: »
    Do you correct those who post l/100km? I don't think you do.

Do you measure everything in imperial? :rolleyes:

It’s like apples and oranges being argued and then you come along with your ham sandwich saying it’s also a type of fruit.

46MPG (6.15L/100km or c. 7986.328 AA Duracells per hippy-mile) in my w204 merc, petrol and autobox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Long term avarage on a 141 A6 190bhp auto 2.0 tdi is just over 40mpg. Got it well into the 50s on motorway spins taking it handy. But if you push it on a bit it's just under 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Ateca . From New 1.6 tdi dsg auto gear box .

Real life long distance driving so it’s as good as it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

My car has gone from averaging 5.4l/100km consistently over three years to 6.2l/100km. The only thing I can think thats changed is I got 4 new tyres. Would they make that much of a difference? Gone from Michelin to Bridgestone. I would have thought that both were the standard type for Irish roads but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

redlead wrote: »
    My car has gone from averaging 5.4l/100km consistently over three years to 6.2l/100km. The only thing I can think thats changed is I got 4 new tyres. Would they make that much of a difference? Gone from Michelin to Bridgestone. I would have thought that both were the standard type for Irish roads but not sure.

Tyres do , but mostly its driving style,cvt boxes if not regularly oil changed your mpg suffers big time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What are you driving now?

Tesla model S

JayZeus wrote: »
    It’s like apples and oranges being argued and then you come along with your ham sandwich saying it’s also a type of fruit.

46MPG (6.15L/100km or c. 7986.328 AA Duracells per hippy-mile) in my w204 merc, petrol and autobox.
    Take away the hippy sh1te, I'm no hippy. I've owned more single digit MPG vehicles than I have EVs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

191 Octavia RS Combi, manual. Averaging 47mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Golf mk5 GTI DSG 32MPG mostly short city commuting. Nearer 40 out on open road trips

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Gwildor wrote: »
    191 Octavia RS Combi, manual. Averaging 47mpg

That’s decent from a performance engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That’s decent from a performance engine

It's a 2.0 TDi.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

CoBo55 wrote: »
    It that from the display? How many km to the tank are you getting? I don’t think Honda even claimed the insight could be that economical it isn’t even a proper hybrid.

Please help me buy a honda insight. Which dealer and what to check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Volvo S60 2.0T: 27mpg
    Nissan 300ZX TT: 18mpg
    Nissan NV200: 45mpg

All averages over many tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭whippet

I'm less concerned now about MPG than I was last year due to changing both cars!

My old Superb MKII combi averaged about 64mpg on Fuelly.

Now my G20 330e has averaged 87mpg over 15,000km in the first year and the other car is a Leaf so filling stations are almost a distant memory.

I reckon i've saved as much on take away coffee and crap as I have in fuel in the last 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭CoBo55

whippet wrote: »
    I'm less concerned now about MPG than I was last year due to changing both cars!

My old Superb MKII combi averaged about 64mpg on Fuelly.

Now my G20 330e has averaged 87mpg over 15,000km in the first year and the other car is a Leaf so filling stations are almost a distant memory.

I reckon i've saved as much on take away coffee and crap as I have in fuel in the last 12 months

How much has electricity cost for the 330e?
    How much has electricity cost for the leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 V8 Hemi. 20l/100km or 14mpg in old money. A waste of petrol, it's a washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

I put diesel in my yoke 3 weeks ago and MPG has been incredibly good, still has pretty much a full tank, because its been parked at a mechanics

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 V8 Hemi. 20l/100km or 14mpg in old money. A waste of petrol, it's a washing machine.

That isn't bad for one of them normally they're in single figures. Is it the economy engine that switches out 4 cylinders when cruising like the Chrysler has?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭whippet

How much has electricity cost for the 330e?
    How much has electricity cost for the leaf?

the leaf cost about €18 on electricity last month for 867km.

I don't really bother checking the 330e on electric costs ... but at about 19c per kwh costs about €2 to charge and I generally get about 40km on pure EV

The decision to go PHEV / BEV isn't purely about fuel savings for me. The 330e is just a lovely car to drive and the leaf is the run about - replaced an old oil burner so would have been pointless to go down the ICE route for it

That isn't bad for one of them normally they're in single figures. Is it the economy engine that switches out 4 cylinders when cruising like the Chrysler has?

Yes same thing. I'm tempted to get rid any buy something fun but never get around to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

How many smiles per mile do you get. Must feel nice when accelerating.

micah537 wrote: »
    How many smiles per mile do you get. Must feel nice when accelerating.

That's the thing. Smiles to miles are low. It's an appliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

That's the thing. Smiles to miles are low. It's an appliance.

It's not an srt8 then? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

get round 38-42mpg from a 1.5 turbo, which i'm pleasantly surprised at thought it would be low 30's at best

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sold my tesla, we now are back to two ICE cars

2001 peugeot partner DW8 - 40mpg
    2004 Vw Touran 1.6 FSI - 34mpg

Cheensbo wrote: »
    It's not an srt8 then? :(

Nope. Couldn't find one at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Golf GTE mk8, averaged 2.8l/100km (101mpg) over the 1000km I've driven it so far. My work commute of ~18km (10km rural & 8km urban) gets me about 1.8l/100km (156mpg). Did a 211km round trip yesterday from Cork to Bantry and averaged about 3.7l/100km, pretty good considering the battery was empty by the time I left Bantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

BMW 325D E90 - 39.7MPG coming up on the computer, its usually a bit better when I calculate it myself. Mostly long runs for me with a mix of motorway and national roads.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My little 125cc bike was doing 2.2l/100km so a full size car doing 2.8 is quite incredible considering all the weight its pulling around.

But you don't have to charge a battery on your bike to get 2.2, you are measuring actual petrol burned. The car is 2.8 plus the electricity used to get this figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

I get about 360km to a tank in the Scooby, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

i'm getting the same in my foz xt.. the scooby way

Advertisement