Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

robbiew wrote: »
    i'm getting the same in my foz xt.. the scooby way

Long gone :pac:

These days it's 12.8l/km or 18 old monies in my LS460 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

CoBo55 wrote: »
    But you don't have to charge a battery on your bike to get 2.2, you are measuring actual petrol burned. The car is 2.8 plus the electricity used to get this figure.

1 litre of petrol has 11kWh of energy - this is how they measure MPGe - so it's quite easy to work out the full amount of mpg+mpge, to take into account the electricity used.

Let's say to do 100km, the phev used 2.8 litres of fuel and 11kWh of electricity. Thats the equivalent of 3.8l/100km

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

BMW F10 520d.
    Between 1000 & 1300km per 70L tank.
    That's 40 to 52mpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

60l tank and I get around 130miles, so less than 200kms!

Another car depending how I drive, a full tank (25l) will be halted driving from Liffey Valley to Dundrum

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jaysus Anto, what are you driving, the Queen Mary? :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

antodeco wrote: »
    60l tank and I get around 130miles, so less than 200kms!

Another car depending how I drive, a full tank (25l) will be halted driving from Liffey Valley to Dundrum

What's that, 10mpg?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Around 75kwh, so at 7.6c/kwh
    Equates to €5.70 for 450 kms
    Tesla model 3 performance

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

CoBo55 wrote: »
    But you don't have to charge a battery on your bike to get 2.2, you are measuring actual petrol burned. The car is 2.8 plus the electricity used to get this figure.

Yes, over the same distance I averaged 11.9kWh/100km so ~119kWh of electricity used. That would cost roughly €20 at my current rate (would be half that if I switched to a night rate).

Plus the original €30 of petrol I put in the day I got the car. That's €50 for 1000km.

My previous Golf, a 1.2tsi was averaging 6.6l/100km or about €100 for every 1000km. So I've about halved the running expenses.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jaysus Anto, what are you driving, the Queen Mary? :D

Ah it's one of the minis. Joys of a full stage 4 rally head...!

The "better" mpg is the Z3. It's more driving style that has the mpg at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

05 1L 5dr corsa.....50+mpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

dubliniift wrote: »
    Please help me buy a honda insight. Which dealer and what to check

If near Dublin Declan Gill in Santry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Yes, over the same distance I averaged 11.9kWh/100km so ~119kWh of electricity used. That would cost roughly €20 at my current rate (would be half that if I switched to a night rate).

Plus the original €30 of petrol I put in the day I got the car. That's €50 for 1000km.

My previous Golf, a 1.2tsi was averaging 6.6l/100km or about €100 for every 1000km. So I've about halved the running expenses.

Thanks for the accurate figures, my Superb 2 litre diesel is averaging 5.0/100 measured accurately from fill to fill costing €66 for 1000km which I'm very happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nailstar

3.7l/100 - 3 series f30 in ECO mode, comfort mode usually gives around 4.3l/100

nailstar wrote: »
    3.7l/100 - 3 series f30 in ECO mode, comfort mode usually gives around 4.3l/100

I got 4.0/100 once from the Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Landcruiser has consistently averaged between 29-31 mpg in the 12 years I've had it. Not bad for a 2 ton brick shaped object. Kuga gets 43mpg. Rav4 gets 46mpg. Iveco bus gets 16mpg... a rather larger brick shaped object..

If you want l/100km ask a non luddite

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Long gone :pac:

These days it's 12.8l/km or 18 old monies in my LS460 :D

If it makes you feel any better, my swift does about 11.8l-12.6l/100km. It did 7 on my way to Galway last year at eh, speeds. That was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

CianRyan wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, my swift does about 11.8l-12.6l/100km. It did 7 on my way to Galway last year at eh, speeds. That was nice.

Mine says 7 when it's on its way to 12.8 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I moved in to a 318d Sport Auto at the start of February. Just over 6,500km on the clock and overall average is down to 4.8l/100km (59mpg)

Had to stop for fuel yesterday morning - 36km left to empty according to the OBC, and 1089km since last fill.

Nearly all driving in Eco Mode and that makes a decent difference - this was from the first tank

553687.jpg

I think it got up to 165km of "fuel saved by driving in eco" while driving, but came down to 163km before I stopped and could take a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does eco mode make it slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

6 mpg .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

R.O.R wrote: »
    I moved in to a 318d Sport Auto at the start of February. Just over 6,500km on the clock and overall average is down to 4.8l/100km (59mpg)

Had to stop for fuel yesterday morning - 36km left to empty according to the OBC, and 1089km since last fill.

Nearly all driving in Eco Mode and that makes a decent difference - this was from the first tank

553687.jpg

I think it got up to 165km of "fuel saved by driving in eco" while driving, but came down to 163km before I stopped and could take a picture.

What driving do you do predominantly? And if motorway what speed do you cruise at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Does eco mode make it slow?

Cuts acceleration, but my journey is 42km of R-Road or Motorway and 2km of slow or start/stop (each way). Once you get on the R-Road or Motorway, it's all steady speed so slower acceleration isn't an issue.

You can still get a bit of a turn of pace by planting the right foot as well, without having to select Comfort or Sport.

At constant motorway speed, does eco mode actually do much then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

one thing I notice it does is the air conditioning goes in bursts probably to save energy

I think on my own yoke, it changes the power steering assistance, aircon and the throttle response. I'm sure on a BMW it does more clever stuff.

Turned it on by accident one day when i was cleaning the dash, had a mild panic attack next time I drove it, thought the turbo was gone.

The fuel economy BMW can get on relatively powerful cars is very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

30 mpg on the summer shoes,
    25 mpg on the winter shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

now I'm more used to the car I'm getting a minimum of 40mpg and up to 51/52mpg on longer journeys (trip computer indicated). Could probably get more by using eco mode and dropping down the motorway speed (I do gps 120) but very happy with it. Was getting 60mpg brim to brim in my superb before so not a bad drop in mpg for a lot more power

Car99 wrote: »
    6 mpg .

Cement mixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

530d, getting around 7l/100km or 40mpg.
    I've moved home recently so journey to work is longer but its at steady pace & relatively straight roads.
    Previous journey to work & local tips were much more stop start & was only getting 34mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

one thing I notice it does is the air conditioning goes in bursts probably to save energy

A/C in eco mode is well down , I drive in eco all the time

Advertisement