Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    They got rid of morality in Andromeda, and Dragon age never had it. Individual character approval or faction approval in those. Didn't play Anthem but I don't think it had morality either.

The only ongoing thing they've morality in it is Old republic where it's tied to the dark/light side.

Jade Empire had it.

I actually didn't mind it in old republic as it fit the light and dark side of the force of the setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,619 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Thought they did something about that so you weren't punished for the order you did the side stuff.

I read they reduced the penalty for certain events to keep squad members alive or keep them loyal so probably didn't cross over to bring down the sky. I had about 60% charm skill points so not as if it was low. Ah didn't matter anyway, few hostages went kaboom, their own fault for getting taken hostage in the first place.... maybe i should be playing as Renegade...

Still loving it though, i forgot how few main missions there were in this so won't get bogged down in too many assignments as i don't want ME burn going into 2.

Well on the way to getting the platinum in 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New update now live.

I did Bring Down the Sky dlc too early, didn't have enough charm to get a good ending to it, maybe leave it til later in the game. Forgot how much mindless corridors and empty rooms there were in ME1, taking ages of fatigued running going back and forth. An awful map mixed with a galaxy map that doesn't tell you where assignment objectives are, not the best for speeding through. Reminds me of how great a sequel ME2 was, so many improvements, can't wait to get onto it.
    /QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Well props to them, I didn't think they could pull it off but they did. The Mako is even worse now than it was before.

Adyx wrote: »
    Well props to them, I didn't think they could pull it off but they did. The Mako is even worse now than it was before.

You can choose to go back to the old controls but no idea why anyone would, finding the mako WAY better than the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I read they reduced the penalty for certain events to keep squad members alive or keep them loyal so probably didn't cross over to bring down the sky. I had about 60% charm skill points so not as if it was low. Ah didn't matter anyway, few hostages went kaboom, their own fault for getting taken hostage in the first place.... maybe i should be playing as Renegade...

Still loving it though, i forgot how few main missions there were in this so won't get bogged down in too many assignments as i don't want ME burn going into 2.

Well on the way to getting the platinum in 1.

Think I’ll miss out on the Platinum by 1 Trophy. There’s a Trophy for having all alien races in the codex and apparently you can only get the Prothean one early on in the game and I’m after missing it ffs!

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Think I’ll miss out on the Platinum by 1 Trophy. There’s a Trophy for having all alien races in the codex and apparently you can only get the Prothean one early on in the game and I’m after missing it ffs!

Aw Bollox didn't know about missable codex, must look it up. That trophy sounded like the only dodgy one alright.

Edit: I'm fairly sure i have the prothean one as i always good the stick left and hammer square to quickly go through all extra dialogue but will check my codex tonight. Found a list so will keep an eye on that. I wonder does it stack, like if you start a new game and thick prothean, will it ping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aw Bollox didn't know about missable codex, must look it up. That trophy sounded like the only dodgy one alright.

Edit: I'm fairly sure i have the prothean one as i always good the stick left and hammer square to quickly go through all extra dialogue but will check my codex tonight. Found a list so will keep an eye on that. I wonder does it stack, like if you start a new game and thick prothean, will it ping.

You can get that literally within the first 2 hours of the game, follow a guide and you'll have it before you leave the citadel for the time.

You can get that literally within the first 2 hours of the game, follow a guide and you'll have it before you leave the citadel for the time.

Yeah, I realised that about 8 hours too late :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Try new game plus and just do that part of Eden prime, at least on Xbox the original carried over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

You can choose to go back to the old controls but no idea why anyone would, finding the mako WAY better than the original.

Mouse steering is atrocious and if I press the right turn key, I want to turn right, not go backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is the Krogan Warlord on Therum still an absolute nightmare to defeat?

I think I tried to defeat him maybe 100 times on Insanity. I think it's the only reason I couldn't finish the game on the highest difficulty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just mean if you restart, it won't take you long at all to get them all again.

Just doing the UNC Cerberus mission. Was on the last lab and sniper killed me. Save brought me back to when first landed in planet. You'd think it would autosave after entering a building

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finished ME1 and moved onto ME2. Nostalgia for 2 hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was going through a real rough patch then and Mass Effect was my escape. Got real weird flashbacks and the likes, its like the comments and dialogue brought it all back.

Also. Mirandas arse

I just mean if you restart, it won't take you long at all to get them all again.

Yeah, I’d say if it’s the only trophy left I might come back to it after I’m finished the trilogy. Then again, I’ve about 10-15 games short of one or two trophies I’ve been meaning to get back too :pac:

Turns out I'm just missing Elcor which i should be able to get when i go back to citadel next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finally got stuck into ME1 today. Dunno about anyone else, but I've had quite a few crashes. Some in really annoying spots just before the autosave kicks in. May delete/reinstall if it happens again when I get another crack at it on Wednesday.

Turns out I'm just missing Elcor which i should be able to get when i go back to citadel next.

I'm missing the prothean one that can only be got at the start when talking to Nihlus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Adyx wrote: »

Try turning off 'Mako Camera-Relative Steering' under Options/Controls.

• Advertisement

Just doing the UNC Cerberus mission. Was on the last lab and sniper killed me. Save brought me back to when first landed in planet. You'd think it would autosave after entering a building

Was just doing the Rogue VI one there, had to clear out 3 bases, had the first two done and just died at the end of the last one and it reloaded me back about half an hour back until I first landed on the moon. Pain in the hole alright!

Was just doing the Rogue VI one there, had to clear out 3 bases, had the first two done and just died at the end of the last one and it reloaded me back about half an hour back until I first landed on the moon. Pain in the hole alright!

Yeah I've started saving before entering a building when on a planet, they obviously didn't fix the auto save

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Finished ME 1 last night. Great fun and I have to say the voice performance for femshep is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tali's voice is far higher pitched in 1 than I remember her being in 2 and 3. It's like she's on helium.

I have just been hammering paragonm choices in the dialogue and I just got to a bit where both Ash and Liara are fighting asking me to pick one and 1 option was "...why can't I have both" I burst out laughing :pac: I picked Liara as I might as well get the romance trophy in this playthrough and dump her for Tali in 2 & 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have just been hammering paragonm choices in the dialogue and I just got to a bit where both Ash and Liara are fighting asking me to pick one and 1 option was "...why can't I have both" I burst out laughing :pac: I picked Liara as I might as well get the romance trophy in this playthrough and dump her for Tali in 2 & 3.

Just try that in The Witcher 3, I dare you :)

Markitron wrote: »
    Just try that in The Witcher 3, I dare you :)

HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE ANYONE OTHER THAN YEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ashley/Kaidan is always difficult but only because I can't decide which one I like less. The clingy biotic who thinks I'm interested in him (I'm not) or the space racist.

I don't even take them on missions. It's always a mix of Wrex, Liara, Tali, Garrus.
    HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE ANYONE OTHER THAN YEN!

Redheads >

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ashley/Kaidan is always difficult but only because I can't decide which one I like less. The clingy biotic who thinks I'm interested in him (I'm not) or the space racist.

I don't even take them on missions. It's always a mix of Wrex, Liara, Tali, Garrus.

Redheads >

I actually really liked Triss but Yen always felt like the default love interest for Geralt.

As for ME1, yeah, Ash and Kaiden are definitely the weak links but I'm glad because imagine they made you choose between the other 4, there'd be uproar.

I'm trying to figure out the best assignments to do before moving on to Virmire. I've maxed out Charm so I'm good on that just want to clean up important missions that might carry over to the next games. Like rogue VI, i just read that is the origin story for
    Edi
    . I don't want to spend my time going to each cluster, clicking on each planet. Wouldn't be an issue if i just had this 1 game but when the superior 2 and 3 are waiting for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I actually really liked Triss but Yen always felt like the default love interest for Geralt.

As for ME1, yeah, Ash and Kaiden are definitely the weak links but I'm glad because imagine they made you choose between the other 4, there'd be uproar.

I'm trying to figure out the best assignments to do before moving on to Virmire. I've maxed out Charm so I'm good on that just want to clean up important missions that might carry over to the next games. Like rogue VI, i just read that is the origin story for
    Edi
    . I don't want to spend my time going to each cluster, clicking on each planet. Wouldn't be an issue if i just had this 1 game but when the superior 2 and 3 are waiting for me.

Having never played any of them, I'm feeling the urge to just power through ME1 and focus more on 2 & 3.

Have gotten through the Citadel and gotten myself Spectred, so heading towards more action stuff next I presume.

Advertisement