Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Markitron wrote: »
    Whichever one is greener on the comparison screen, I can't remember which but its easy to tell when you bring that up.

Well yeah but that still doesn't say what it means:P

I've been using "green means good myself" but not sure what the heatsink stuff is

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know I'm like a broken record but ME2 is a breath of fresh air after 1. Just recruited Mordin but i only remembered how drawn out the combat sections can be, ME1 was much more brisk which was for the best. However, in 2, it's great to teleport back to Mordin after the mission and greater again to have the choice to go straight back to the Normandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From Reddit, photo mode has given birth to creepy Shepard...

348rxhvp6h071.png

3ayg252q6h071.png

4tr3z68q6h071.png

04gogpeq6h071.png

Forgot to say, the vibration was fairly shooting in ME 1, more annoying i couldn't turn it off but only saw when starting ME 2, there are separate settings from the launcher menu and you can turn off vibration from there. Just an FYI if she like me trying to save some battery.

• Advertisement

The look you give the space racist when she's giving your alien girlfriend guff...

E176C3hX0AcTLG9?format=jpg&name=large

Enjoy Virmire, Ashley...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cleared ME1, all trophies bar the completionist one. Fack! Guides say i need to have cleared roughly 55 missions and I've completed 45. Have to load an earlier save to clean those up now, hopefully they'll trigger without having to go through virmire and Ilos again.

I’ve just unlocked this Trophy and I’ve completed 48 missions and side missions. Still have the Ilos mission to go as well. Should be cleared this in an hour or so. Really enjoyed it a lot more than when I did on back on the 360, can’t wait to start up 2!

Starting ME2. Gonna try insanity difficulty, hardcore was fairly manageable in ME1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does quest tracking improve after ME1? I can't remember. Can be hard work tracking things in and out of menus all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

fixXxer wrote: »
    Does quest tracking improve after ME1? I can't remember. Can be hard work tracking things in and out of menus all the time.

I'm still early in 2 but it's definitely easier to see missions in the galaxy map but i can't remember if assignments show up on the map or not. Was a pain in ME1 sometimes just telling you the cluster where as in this, is more specific where you need to go.

Chakwas definitely had a facelift between ME1 and ME2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

Finished ME1 and about an hour into ME2, the difference is night and day. I’m glad I played through the first one but I can see why you might want to skip ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

McFly85 wrote: »
    Finished ME1 and about an hour into ME2, the difference is night and day. I’m glad I played through the first one but I can see why you might want to skip ahead!

I actually enjoyed 1 a lot more than I thought I would. I remember the game wrecking my head on the 360 due to its janky controls and biotic enemies making certain parts near impossible to play. I played through on normal and think I might of only died like 4-5 times and 3 of those were in the last mission with those Geth armatures 1 shot killing me.

Delighted to get the platinum as well, according to my save it took me 20 hours to complete the game and say 2-3 hours of that was the game left idle in the pause menu. Took me about 2 hours to get the final 3 trophies I was missing. So about 20 hours overall for a platinum ain’t too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Another handy ME2 PC mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/41?tab=description
    Integrates the FOV fix with inifinite running (outside of combat) and the ability to have Shepard use any gun with any class.

Insanity on ME2 is no joke but a good challenge. Have to be smart with powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

J. Marston wrote: »
    Insanity on ME2 is no joke but a good challenge. Have to be smart with powers.

Miranda is a godsend on Insanity, has warp and overload.

What classes ye using on Insanity? I remember Infiltrator being the easiest one, cloak and super powerful sniper was a great combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

What classes ye using on Insanity? I remember Infiltrator being the easiest one, cloak and super powerful sniper was a great combo.

I'm playing through as Sentinel - you get Warp, Overload and Tech Armour. Insanity is filled with shields and barriers (which Warp and Overload help with). It's a bit rough only having Heavy Pistols and submachine guns for the first chunk of the game - but this gets better later.

I always take Miranda, having Overload and Warp on her as well is critical. Then I usually toss-up between taking Grunt or Garrus. Getting squad incendiary ammo on Grunt is super helpful for dealing with armour - I typically take Garrus for any shield heavy missions (like eclipse mercs etc...) as he also has Overload.

• Advertisement

I'm playing through as Sentinel - you get Warp, Overload and Tech Armour. Insanity is filled with shields and barriers (which Warp and Overload help with). It's a bit rough only having Heavy Pistols and submachine guns for the first chunk of the game - but this gets better later.

I always take Miranda, having Overload and Warp on her as well is critical. Then I usually toss-up between taking Grunt or Garrus. Getting squad incendiary ammo on Grunt is super helpful for dealing with armour - I typically take Garrus for any shield heavy missions (like eclipse mercs etc...) as he also has Overload.

Yea this is the way to go on Insanity, also, do Kasumi's mission as soon as it is available. It gives you the Locust SMG which IMO is the best gun in the game. With a couple of SMG upgrades and it is unstoppable.

Vanguard. It's probably the hardest early on because you have to get in close with biotic charge and put yourself at risk.

Managed to get one of those 'peeping Shep' pics :)

554015.jpg

A word of warning to anyone that is approaching the halfway point in ME2. I'll be vague because spoilers, but at a certain point you will take over a base and be able to purchase star charts that will show you resource-rich planets. DO NOT BUY THESE. Once you buy them they stay highlighted on your galaxy map, even after you have mined the planet dry. This was a problem 10 years ago and I' surprised they didn't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A word of warning to anyone that is approaching the halfway point in ME2. I'll be vague because spoilers, but at a certain point you will take over a base and be able to purchase star charts that will show you resource-rich planets. DO NOT BUY THESE. Once you buy them they stay highlighted on your galaxy map, even after you have mined the planet dry. This was a problem 10 years ago and I' surprised they didn't fix it.

You also don't need them.

IIRC you can easily cover all upgrades by mining only resource rich planets available to you once you reach Omega for the first time. You need about 200k or so of each + 100kish Element 0.

You can skim over planets quickly, and get the whole thing done in 15-20 minutes.

Stick on a podcast or whatever. It's really quite zen.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

FYI, Insanity achievements and Paramour achievements are bugged on Xbox. Insanity popped for ME1 but I completed 2 last night and no joy. EA said they're aware of the issue and they'll address in a future patch. I'd recommend keeping onto a save file before final mission if you want to unlock everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Gbear wrote: »
    You also don't need them.

IIRC you can easily cover all upgrades by mining only resource rich planets available to you once you reach Omega for the first time. You need about 200k or so of each + 100kish Element 0.

You can skim over planets quickly, and get the whole thing done in 15-20 minutes.

Stick on a podcast or whatever. It's really quite zen.

Very happy memories of scanning planets while listening to music. It's relaxing to just think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Have they fixed any bugs? I'm still seeing the same ones. Although I haven't got stuck to the cockpit floor yet.

The Revenant Machine Gun is an absolute beast. Never used it before as I never went with Soldier, tears through enemies. Loving every second of ME 2. Just starting the missions before moving onto the IFF, need to mine the **** out of some planets first for upgrades but I'm finding the mining really relaxing so that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished ME1 last night. Had done a good few side mission stuff in the first half, but mostly just ploughed through the second half. It was okay. I did enjoy the story and characters. The shooting was mostly fine, but I never really bothered using anyones abilities, so mostly ended up sticking with Garrus and Tali as my squad. Was never in any real danger or running out of medpacks and stuff. The Mako and inventory was awful though.

Advertisement