Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Transfers

• 16-05-2021 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Short turnaround as the season is going to quickly come to a close.

I am going to bank myself, if there was more games to go I would prob use my free to shift lingard to anyone else but my money league is tightening up so much that 4 points could be a huge difference. Need two freebies for 38 as I plan on moving on DCL at least and want comfort to move others, possibly Digne and / or Bale.

Very interested to hear what others plans are though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm the same hoping to bank to have 2 transfers for gw38. Hopefully a bit of early team news that day particularly if bruno starts or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lot's of options.

Do I stick with Armstrong (vs. Leeds) or bring in Pereria or some other <8.2m mid?

Ihenacho could go to Bamford or Antonio either.

Edit: Actually, Armstrong to Greenwood looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jota to Willock done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Think I'll do Jota to Philips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Was planning Lingard to Greenwood but now it’s going to be Jota to Greenwood instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thunderdog wrote: »
    Was planning Lingard to Greenwood but now it’s going to be Jota to Greenwood instead

Maybe be cautious with that - good chance that United will rest key players in the last game of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

siblers wrote: »
    Think I'll do Jota to Philips

Which Phillips?

Which Phillips?

Mixed myself up. I meant Harrison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Jota to either Harrison or Raphinha for me - coin toss and will probably make the wrong call!

siblers wrote: »
    Mixed myself up. I meant Harrison

Good shout. Amazing actually that he's the 6th top scoring mid now and has been barely talked about all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Exact money for Jota to Torres, hmmm, or could go with Harrison or Raphinha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Good shout. Amazing actually that he's the 6th top scoring mid now and has been barely talked about all season.

yeah it feels like Harrison has come from nowhere but he has something like 8 goals and a fair few assists for the season.

Deadline is Tuesday 4.30pm so will have to make a decision on Jota quick. Had wanted rid of Lingard but that plan is out the window now. Im left with 3xWH just at the point it looks like theyve gone off form, even with Rice back last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had hoped to carry the FT into GW38 but Jota to Raphinia or ASM looking likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Maybe be cautious with that - good chance that United will rest key players in the last game of the season

Cheers, yeah have a pretty strong bench so not too problematic if he only plays the 1 game

Might get rid of Siggy for a hit out of spite

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kabak won't play again this season so probably a replacement for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I have Bruno and Greenwood to come back into my team from the bench so I think if nothing drastic happens to change my mind ill bank and keep two transfers for the final day of the season.

All I have to look at is how I bring the two united lads back in... Atm its Lingard and Coufal on the bench. I reckon United will go all out against Fulham to seal 2nd place and then possibly last day rest a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Christ that is mad. Even before his haul he was top 12. 8 goals and 9 assists. Would never have guessed he contributed that much.

I'm the same hoping to bank to have 2 transfers for gw38. Hopefully a bit of early team news that day particularly if bruno starts or not.

Good point, a bit of early team news could give a nice advantage on the last day of the season. If you knew what the City line up was right before the deadline it could be a chance to get on them, they are at home v Everton in front of fans and will be receiving the trophy. If you knew Torres or Aguero was starting it could be a great punt.

Thinking of doing Jota to Greenwood but not till the deadline as Ive funds to cover it even if/when Jota drops. Do people think Greenwood starts in the EL final? If he is not in Oles strongest 11 then he might have a decent chance of starting both games v Fulham and Wolves. There is only 3 days between Wolves and the EL final so youd fancy him to start that if he is not starting the EL final. Id say there is a chance that Bruno doesnt start v Wolves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jota injury has made things interesting. For now I am doing nothing and leaving him third sub. Either way if I bring someone in, I will only be tempted to bench them too, and it's going to lead to -4's I cannot do.

Only query is regarding mason mount, I still have him. Currently benching lingard to play him, call me crazy but I fancy Chelsea after the weekend. If I thought mount would be dropped tho, it would tempt me into a transfer. I was originally starting Jota and benching Mount and Lingard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Currently have Jota on the bench, considering Harrison or Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

wont be caught in one money league but still chasing second and first by 15 points in another. Willock in for jota and captain here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is working towards Aguero (c) in GW38 a bad move? It's dependent on him being fit, Pep selecting him and then him actually scoring!

I could bank the transfer this week, and work towards a Kabak/Zaha/DCL -> Stones/ESR/Aguero for GW38 for a -4.

Of course, if I don't make the move this week, there is every chance that Stones & Aguero start this GW and not GW38 and the whole idea is messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was planning to bank but did Jota to Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    Is working towards Aguero (c) in GW38 a bad move? It's dependent on him being fit, Pep selecting him and then him actually scoring!

I could bank the transfer this week, and work towards a Kabak/Zaha/DCL -> Stones/ESR/Aguero for GW38 for a -4.

Of course, if I don't make the move this week, there is every chance that Stones & Aguero start this GW and not GW38 and the whole idea is messed up.

You would imagine that Pep would give Aguero a send off in front of the Home fans on last day of season. However does that involve 90 mins, 60 mins or 10 min cameo who knows.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You would imagine that Pep would give Aguero a send off in front of the Home fans on last day of season. However does that involve 90 mins, 60 mins or 10 min cameo who knows.

What time is the GW38 deadline? If its an hour before kick off and there are line up leaks from FPLRockstar it would be very handy to make late transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Did Jota to Raphina last night. It was a toss up between him or Harrison really. I just like watching Raphina when he's on the ball which is what swayed it for me.

Already have ASM so couldn't be considering Willock also.

I've just gone 24 points ahead in my money league after overhauling the leader this week. Hard to predict what he'll do but he does have Bruno and I do not. I'm considering Lingard --> Greenwood for a -4 just to have some United cover against Fulham. Not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What time is the GW38 deadline? If its an hour before kick off and there are line up leaks from FPLRockstar it would be very handy to make late transfers

Deadline 16:30. First game kicks off at 18:00. So teams at 17:00.

edit: apologies. Just realised you were talking about GW38. But it's 1.5 hours too for GW38.

Will do Bowen to Raphinha/Harrison. May take a -4 to get Dallas in for Castagne as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Do people think Ole will play likes of Bruno and Greenwood v Fulham and then put out a B team v Wolves on last day of Season to have his first 11 fresh for the Euro Final on the Wednesday?

Own Bruno and Greenwood and thinking of keeping them this GW for game v Fulham but selling them for last GW.

Advertisement