Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Who do you think is the best shout for final GWs goalkeeper?

I have Schmeichel and Foster at present. Have zero faith in a clean sheet from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any love for ASM as a Jota replacement? SHU and ful as last 2 games

On form alone Wilock would seem the best Newcastle punt, he has 4 goals in his last 4 games. ASM has blanked in his last 4, he is due a haul as he has looked lively and getting in good positions from what I saw of him but its Wilock who has actually being hauling.

Those Newcastle fixtures are very tasty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lingard away to WBA or Ihenacho away to Chelsea? The ultimate form vs fixture dilemma. I have Antonio too so already invested in WH, but I think I've still got to start JLingz right? Ceiling is higher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Fitz* wrote: »
    Did he not score there and get a CS last season? In a 3-0 win.

I was going by transfermarkt.co.uk :O maybe it's wrong.

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I was going by transfermarkt.co.uk :O maybe it's wrong.

Had a check, looks like it was officially settled as a Woods OG. Trent assist

Had a check, looks like it was officially settled as a Woods OG. Trent assist

Feels a pivotal moment in this as rival chasing me has Digne and Trent. To get a Leeds asset for Jota it has to be Digne I sell for Trent.... head is fried. Afraid to sell Digne for a hit but want to do it too!

Feels a pivotal moment in this as rival chasing me has Digne and Trent. To get a Leeds asset for Jota it has to be Digne I sell for Trent.... head is fried. Afraid to sell Digne for a hit but want to do it too!

Trent has 6 attacking returns & 3 clean sheets in his last 8 games.
    There is a chance of a CS wipe-out this midweek alright with the form of Wood v Philips/Williams but really, Trent is signed for his attacking potential. He's in his best form of the season in an attacking sense really. He has created 5 chances in each of his last 3 games.

As a Keane owner, I've been annoyed at Everton's home form and lack of CS. No CS in their last 5 home games. But they are getting them away from home. Digne did get 1 attacking return during those home games, but it is his only attacking return in 13 games. I appreciate that a home game against Wolves looks favorable on paper but Digne doesn't have the form. I have Keane & DCL but it's DCL I will be relying on for points in that fixture.

Trent has 6 attacking returns & 3 clean sheets in his last 8 games.
    There is a chance of a CS wipe-out this midweek alright with the form of Wood v Philips/Williams but really, Trent is signed for his attacking potential. He's in his best form of the season in an attacking sense really. He has created 5 chances in each of his last 3 games.

As a Keane owner, I've been annoyed at Everton's home form and lack of CS. No CS in their last 5 home games. But they are getting them away from home. Digne did get 1 attacking return during those home games, but it is his only attacking return in 13 games. I appreciate that a home game against Wolves looks favorable on paper but Digne doesn't have the form. I have Keane & DCL but it's DCL I will be relying on for points in that fixture.

Cheers! Makes a lot of sense. Digne is no match for Trent.

Double pool defence with Phillips or start Dias though!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Personally I wouldn’t take a hit for it depending who your other defenders are, but I can see why you might do it, to match his team and mitigate any big points difference. Brings your lead back to 11 then and that 4 points extra could be vital (difference between a player getting a clean sheet or 2 points, or an extra goal or assist roughly). But what do I know, I’m usually one to take a chance!! Really depends on Burnley if they try at all in front of the home crowd.

Edit- what fitz said!!

• Advertisement

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn’t take a hit for it depending who your other defenders are, but I can see why you might do it, to match his team and mitigate any big points difference. Brings your lead back to 11 then and that 4 points extra could be vital (difference between a player getting a clean sheet or 2 points, or an extra goal or assist roughly). But what do I know, I’m usually one to take a chance!! Really depends on Burnley if they try at all in front of the home crowd.

Edit- what fitz said!!

Cheers I think the other issue is it would be suicide not to have TAA next week so I might as well do it this week I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Need to bench one of Lingard, ASM, DCL or Benteke.

But also considering Lingard --> Greenwood for a -4. Anyone taking a hit to bring Greenwood in? Or is there enough potential in the above players to not need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sticking with no transfers this week my biggest thing is captain. I'm kinda looking at my rivals but I have a feeling they could make changes.

I'd like to change keeper but think at this stage it's to late and might as well play Martinez.

Salah or Kane atm Salah because I have a feeling most will use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Cheers I think the other issue is it would be suicide not to have TAA next week so I might as well do it this week I guess!

I brought TAA in as part of an 8 point hit last week as my main rival had him. It worked out. It's not just the assist potential he's been getting into goal scoring positions too. He could blank this week but he's more likely to get 9-10 points on current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Rumours circulating that Bruno isn't in Utd's matchday squad.:eek: Obviously only rumours so far so don't do anything rash!

EDIT: Looks like it is unreliable info. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Wondering if I should bring in Antonio for Ihenacho for a -4. Rival has him and we're 7pts apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pighead wrote: »
    Rumours circulating that Bruno isn't in Utd's matchday squad.:eek: Obviously only rumours so far so don't do anything rash!

EDIT: Looks like it is unreliable info. Phew.
    Praying we do actually get reliable info in the lead up to the deadline. Would be such a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Muahahaha wrote: »
    On form alone Wilock would seem the best Newcastle punt, he has 4 goals in his last 4 games. ASM has blanked in his last 4, he is due a haul as he has looked lively and getting in good positions from what I saw of him but its Wilock who has actually being hauling.

Yeah I just feel Newcastle and ASM could finish the season strong. Im between him and Raphinia at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Wilock actually has 5 goals in last 5 games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Feck it. Armstrong & Ihenancho > Raphina & Antonio (-4).

• Advertisement

Yeah I just feel Newcastle and ASM could finish the season strong. Im between him and Raphinia at the minute

yeah Id go for Raph ahead of ASM, Raph delivers points pretty consistently

CSF wrote: »
    Praying we do actually get reliable info in the lead up to the deadline. Would be such a bonus.

Well Parlance posted a team in the general thread, but how accurate that is anyone's guess.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Could be a complete spoof but apparently, the United team is as follows. No Greenwood.

Again, I've no idea how credible it is

https://twitter.com/silvscic/status/1394666873791422465?s=20

Did Jota to Greenwood and nothing else, now to wait on teamsheet at 5pm and hope he starts this one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Well Parlance posted a team in the general thread, but how accurate that is anyone's guess.

Apparently, he had the team correct last time around but we'll see.

Pretty easy to spoof and delete the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That would lead me to have a bit of faith in him, considering United were a minefield during that TGW. Of course it could just be a giant coincidence also. Guess we'll see in about 25 minutes.

Looks like it was a spoof, he said Bailey and Rashford would start and instead its Tuanzabe and Greenwood. If he did that on purpose its pretty sad but some people get their kicks that way

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looks like it was a spoof, he said Bailey and Rashford would start and instead its Tuanzabe and Greenwood. If he did that on purpose its pretty sad but some people get their kicks that way

Someone along the line did it on purpose, it is sad but some people love the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Bielsa has said Casilla will start Sunday as well for Leeds

thomasm wrote: »
    Bielsa has said Casilla will start Sunday as well for Leeds

Did he mention anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Did he mention anyone else?

Not that I heard

Advertisement