Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW37 Transfers

245

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    Did Jota to Raphina last night. It was a toss up between him or Harrison really. I just like watching Raphina when he's on the ball which is what swayed it for me.

    Already have ASM so couldn't be considering Willock also.

    I've just gone 24 points ahead in my money league after overhauling the leader this week. Hard to predict what he'll do but he does have Bruno and I do not. I'm considering Lingard --> Greenwood for a -4 just to have some United cover against Fulham. Not sure what to do.

    yeah Harrison had a great haul on Saturday but Raphina tends to get in the box more than him

    Ive a rival who has Bruno while I dont, Im not that concerned as Bruno has not been scoring much from open play lately whereas Salah & Kane are. I also think there is a chance Bruno could get rested in 38, the EL final is just 3 days later so why risk him in a dead rubber right before a final.

    Im pretty sure Im bringing Greenwood in for Jota and then benching Lingard. Am expecting Greenwood to start at least one of Fulham and Wolves but maybe both if there is rotation for 38 before the final. He only played about 20 minutes against Liverpool as well and I dont think he starts the EL final


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭claw


    Do people think Ole will play likes of Bruno and Greenwood v Fulham and then put out a B team v Wolves on last day of Season to have his first 11 fresh for the Euro Final on the Wednesday?

    Own Bruno and Greenwood and thinking of keeping them this GW for game v Fulham but selling them for last GW.

    Looking at getting Greenwood in for Zaha. Sold Bruno for Son last week, might gamble that the rest of my team covers anything Bruno may or may not do. Don't see why they would play both matches, Ole has already shown that he is happy to rest players.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    Deadline 16:30. First game kicks off at 18:00. So teams at 17:00.

    edit: apologies. Just realised you were talking about GW38. But it's 1.5 hours too for GW38.

    ah right 1.5 hours means theres probably no chance of a leak at that point. Will still be leaving it late just in case.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts


    Do people think Ole will play likes of Bruno and Greenwood v Fulham and then put out a B team v Wolves on last day of Season to have his first 11 fresh for the Euro Final on the Wednesday?

    Own Bruno and Greenwood and thinking of keeping them this GW for game v Fulham but selling them for last GW.

    That would be the logical thing to do.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    Did Jota to Raphina last night. It was a toss up between him or Harrison really. I just like watching Raphina when he's on the ball which is what swayed it for me.

    Already have ASM so couldn't be considering Willock also.

    I've just gone 24 points ahead in my money league after overhauling the leader this week. Hard to predict what he'll do but he does have Bruno and I do not. I'm considering Lingard --> Greenwood for a -4 just to have some United cover against Fulham. Not sure what to do.

    Similar situation here, have Jota injured but can replace him in lineup with Mount and bench lingard. If some news comes out that mount won't play tomorrow then I'll sell Jota for Willock or Raphinha. I'd rather not touch the United assets. Rotation is going to be a balls at the top.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭but1er


    I dont see greenwood starting final and see him starting both games. He wants to go Euros with the squad now at 26. He will go fred scott pogba bruno rashford cavani in the final.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    but1er wrote: »
    I dont see greenwood starting final and see him starting both games. He wants to go Euros with the squad now at 26. He will go fred scott pogba bruno rashford cavani in the final.

    I think greenwood would be well within his right to expect to start the final. He's bang in form.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*


    Going by the Man Utd thread, and a few tweets I've seen from Utd fans over the last few days, many would prefer to start Greenwood over Rashford in the EL final. Mainly as he is the player in form.

    Zaha-> Greenwood would be an easy transfer for me to make, but I'm not sure how much game time he is going to get over the 2 GWs. If he is going to start the EL final, then will he start the Wolves game?


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,054 ✭✭✭✭PARlance


    Fitz* wrote: »
    Going by the Man Utd thread, and a few tweets I've seen from Utd fans over the last few days, many would prefer to start Greenwood over Rashford in the EL final. Mainly as he is the player in form.

    Zaha-> Greenwood would be an easy transfer for me to make, but I'm not sure how much game time he is going to get over the 2 GWs. If he is going to start the EL final, then will he start the Wolves game?

    Most of us would definitely prefer it but I don't think it'll happen. Ole definitely won't be dropping Rashford for him. Too big of a call, a place is always found for Rashford even if his form isn't great.

    The only chances Greenwood starts is if he plays instead of Cavani at CF (unlikely) or if Ole moves Pogba back into midfield (unlikely).

    Greenwood is the easy option for Ole leave out from the start of the Final and I'm thinking of bringing him in for these last two league games as a result.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    Yeah you would have to think Cavani and Rashford start the EL final meaning Greenwood misses out so he likely starts in 38 away against Wolves just a few days before the final. Its the Fulham at home fixture though that is really attractive, United fans will be back inside the stadium for it too.

    Will be interesting to see how well the home teams do in GW37 with the fans back, they'll certainly want to see their team put on a performance


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah you would have to think Cavani and Rashford start the EL final meaning Greenwood misses out so he likely starts in 38 away against Wolves just a few days before the final. Its the Fulham at home fixture though that is really attractive, United fans will be back inside the stadium for it too.

    Will be interesting to see how well the home teams do in GW37 with the fans back, they'll certainly want to see their team put on a performance

    Pressure might be a lot for some too. Certainly going to be interesting.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭macraignil


    Nothing in the bank so reckon I'll just use the free transfer to replace Bertrand Traore who has a couple of tough fixtures for the last two weeks of the season. Currently thinking I might bring in Saint-Maximin.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭siblers


    Kane said he wants to leave. Can't really see it impacting FPL too much though

    https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1394353207716065280?s=20


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    ^^ read that he wanted to leave last term, but they convinced him to stay, so can't have come as too much of a surprised. Timing is a little off, you would think he would have waited till end of season, or last home game at least.

    Under contract to 2024, i wonder would levy play hard ball and refuse to sell him - why make your main challengers even stronger?
    is he worth the 120m figure thrown around? - he tends to break down regularly, hasn't led his team to any trophy and will be 28 before start of next season.

    I think that Son albeit a different type of player would provide teams with better value for money and wouldn't cost anywhere near the 120m figure thrown around.

    Hopefully Kane thinks he'll get the move and will want to send off in style by getting a hattrick on Wednesday night


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭siblers


    I'm guessing Spurs are going to let him go as representatives from Chelsea, City and Utd have been in touch with his agent which I believe they can't do unless the club allows them to

    Coming out now as he wants to sort it before the Euros.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭sheroman01


    Do we know why Bamford was subbed early at the weekend?

    I’m hesitating between getting Greenwood in or Bamford. Could do both for -4 but don’t think it’s worth it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭but1er


    I always wonder with all these sports scientist around what is there thinking with Kane. Never taken off or rested. I wonder is that the issue. I reckon there is easily 6 to 10 games in the premier league, he could be given an extra 30 mins rest but is kept on. How many European games could he have been left back in london to recover for sunday?. At the end of the season he would of played around 50 games this year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,487 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    Jota situation puts me in a bit of a conundrum.


    Was planning on banking the transfer this week (even in doing so I'd have been benching Holding against Palace and Reguillon against Villa as my defenders all seem to have great games this week but less good on the final day).


    Jota being out for both games means that he will become one of my remaining transfers out where previously I'd have kept him for Burnley and Palace and taken the risk that he didn't start both.


    Now I've a few options
    1) Go directly Jota to Greenwood this week. Have a really nice fixture this week, but probably not have him available next week (I've Shaw and Fernandes in my team too so it is fairly questionable whether I can actually justify that lack of depth on the last day). However, the flip side is that if Greenwood scores a double digit haul this week, my depth next week becomes alot less consequential since I already have points in the bag


    2) Go directly from Jota to Raphinha. I think Raphinha is class and while his fixture isn't as good as Greenwood's this week, I'm fairly confident he will start both remaining games and have a pretty decent chance of returns in each games. It would leave me enough money to bring in Trent for the last day aswell (not including Trent in my wildcard and having Jota as my 3rd Liverpool guy has fairly battered me with Trent having taken a goal, a clean sheet and 4 assists in that time as compared to Jota's solitary goal.


    3) Bring both Raphinha and Trent in this week for a -4. Obviously it costs me 4 points and I'd have to bench Lingard or Nat Phillips if I do it (probably the former) but the positives are that Trent appears to have real potential to pay back the 4 points in any gameweek with change, but it also gives me a free transfer for GW38 that I could hopefully get some additional points with (DCL out might be a nice move)


    4) Bank the transfer, play Reguillon and move Jota and someone else on next week with a GW38 specific transfer with more information available to me, knowing I've quite a bit of depth available to me already this week


    Seriously hope I haven't made this post too long for me to get some actual responses!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Do we know why Bamford was subbed early at the weekend?

    I’m hesitating between getting Greenwood in or Bamford. Could do both for -4 but don’t think it’s worth it.

    Rodrigo is fit again after almost 3 months injured and I suppose as Leeds' record signing they want to give him minutes.Bamford has been subbed 3 times in the last 3 games, twice before 60 minutes. During that spell Rodrigo has 3 goals in 3 games. Im not sure if there is space for both Rodrigo and Bamford to start. Also iirc there was a game earlier this season where Bielsa started Rodrigo and left Bamford on the bench so it is a risk given Rodrigo has been scoring.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭macraignil


    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Do we know why Bamford was subbed early at the weekend?

    I’m hesitating between getting Greenwood in or Bamford. Could do both for -4 but don’t think it’s worth it.


    He went off just pre-60minutes against Brighton recently as well. Did not look like an injury to me but he did look a bit tired and part of playing up front for Leeds seems to be to keep running and not let defenders settle on the ball. I reckon it was a tactical move to send on fresh legs but just guessing about that.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭siblers


    CSF wrote: »
    Jota situation puts me in a bit of a conundrum.


    Was planning on banking the transfer this week (even in doing so I'd have been benching Holding against Palace and Reguillon against Villa as my defenders all seem to have great games this week but less good on the final day).


    Jota being out for both games means that he will become one of my remaining transfers out where previously I'd have kept him for Burnley and Palace and taken the risk that he didn't start both.


    Now I've a few options
    1) Go directly Jota to Greenwood this week. Have a really nice fixture this week, but probably not have him available next week (I've Shaw and Fernandes in my team too so it is fairly questionable whether I can actually justify that lack of depth on the last day). However, the flip side is that if Greenwood scores a double digit haul this week, my depth next week becomes alot less consequential since I already have points in the bag


    2) Go directly from Jota to Raphinha. I think Raphinha is class and while his fixture isn't as good as Greenwood's this week, I'm fairly confident he will start both remaining games and have a pretty decent chance of returns in each games. It would leave me enough money to bring in Trent for the last day aswell (not including Trent in my wildcard and having Jota as my 3rd Liverpool guy has fairly battered me with Trent having taken a goal, a clean sheet and 4 assists in that time as compared to Jota's solitary goal.


    3) Bring both Raphinha and Trent in this week for a -4. Obviously it costs me 4 points and I'd have to bench Lingard or Nat Phillips if I do it (probably the former) but the positives are that Trent appears to have real potential to pay back the 4 points in any gameweek with change, but it also gives me a free transfer for GW38 that I could hopefully get some additional points with (DCL out might be a nice move)


    4) Bank the transfer, play Reguillon and move Jota and someone else on next week with a GW38 specific transfer with more information available to me, knowing I've quite a bit of depth available to me already this week


    Seriously hope I haven't made this post too long for me to get some actual responses!!!

    I'm in a similar situation with Jota. I was going to get Harrison but will go safe with Raphinha I think. I actually quite like Leeds fixtures, Southampton can't defend for ****. I already have Greenwood

    Odds are if you get Greenwood, he will only start one of the 2 remaining games but you'd imagine it will be Fulham game he starts for. It's a very hard call

    Trent is almost a must have but if you need to take a hit to get him in, you realistically need him to get 9/10 points to make it worth while

    I'm unsure whether to take a hit to get rid of Sigurdson or Nacho. I'm reluctant to take hits this late in the season


  • Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    ^^ read that he wanted to leave last term, but they convinced him to stay, so can't have come as too much of a surprised. Timing is a little off, you would think he would have waited till end of season, or last home game at least.

    It is his last home game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,487 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    siblers wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation with Jota. I was going to get Harrison but will go safe with Raphinha I think. I actually quite like Leeds fixtures, Southampton can't defend for ****. I already have Greenwood

    Odds are if you get Greenwood, he will only start one of the 2 remaining games but you'd imagine it will be Fulham game he starts for. It's a very hard call

    Trent is almost a must have but if you need to take a hit to get him in, you realistically need him to get 9/10 points to make it worth while

    I'm unsure whether to take a hit to get rid of Sigurdson or Nacho. I'm reluctant to take hits this late in the season
    The thing to consider though, is if I bring Trent in for a hit this week for a hit, I also need to consider any points I'd gain from being able to move out DCL to another striker or a United player out (if I hear they're not starting), rather than wanting to use my transfer in GW38 to bring in Trent at home to Palace in a CL decider.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭hawaii501


    Iheanacho and Kabak out for Trent and Obafemi.

    No intention of starting obafemi, cannon-fodder just to get in Trent. Really wanted Salah but stuck with Bruno instead and got Trent so we know what happens next...


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    CSF wrote: »

    Seriously hope I haven't made this post too long for me to get some actual responses!!!

    Well I wont quote the whole post :pac:

    Of those options I think Raphina and Trent for a -4. Ive a Jota problem too but already own Raphinha. Will likely go to Greenwood myself and bench an off colour Lingard hoping he doesnt punish me. But I would put Raphina ahead of Greenwood solely on the basis that you can be close to certain he will start both Leeds last games and Leeds are still going full pelt as we saw in the 4-0 v Burnley. United have to rotate and Greenwood might only play 1 in 2. If you knew he is going to play both he is probably the better option because as soon as he is in the box his main focus is to shoot.

    I think the Trent transfer for -4 would be worth it given his form, hes likely to repay it immediately. I dont own him and he is a rank killer lately, I looked earlier but I cant afford both him and Greenwood. I would do it if I could for a -4. In fact if Liverpool beat Burnley on Wednesday then a final day Trent v Crystal Palace at Anfield in front of fans with Liverpool going for CL qualification is a very attractive fixture. The reverse fixture was 7-1 to Liverpool as long ago as that seems now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    CSF wrote: »
    Seriously hope I haven't made this post too long for me to get some actual responses!!!

    If your rivals have TAA then you defo need to get him. I took a -8 getting him and Antonio in this week and broke even. He's very attack minded the last few weeks and with CL still in their own hands they'll be looking to attack in final two games. There is still surprisingly some doubt on his inclusion at the euros so he'll want to do everything to prove that.

    I think Raphinha is a good choice - always looks lively etc, though Southampton are on the back of two wins so it won't be an easy game for Leeds.

    Wilock has 5 goals in his last 5 games - and has two great fixtures upcoming - is there anyone in better form in the league?

    Eze be another one, while palace do have two tough games on paper, he's on form and Zaha just as likely to turn up against the "big boys".

    Smith Rowe is also worth looking at 2 in 2 and nice two games for Arsenal


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts


    CSF wrote: »
    Jota situation puts me in a bit of a conundrum.


    Was planning on banking the transfer this week (even in doing so I'd have been benching Holding against Palace and Reguillon against Villa as my defenders all seem to have great games this week but less good on the final day).


    Jota being out for both games means that he will become one of my remaining transfers out where previously I'd have kept him for Burnley and Palace and taken the risk that he didn't start both.


    Now I've a few options
    1) Go directly Jota to Greenwood this week. Have a really nice fixture this week, but probably not have him available next week (I've Shaw and Fernandes in my team too so it is fairly questionable whether I can actually justify that lack of depth on the last day). However, the flip side is that if Greenwood scores a double digit haul this week, my depth next week becomes alot less consequential since I already have points in the bag


    2) Go directly from Jota to Raphinha. I think Raphinha is class and while his fixture isn't as good as Greenwood's this week, I'm fairly confident he will start both remaining games and have a pretty decent chance of returns in each games. It would leave me enough money to bring in Trent for the last day aswell (not including Trent in my wildcard and having Jota as my 3rd Liverpool guy has fairly battered me with Trent having taken a goal, a clean sheet and 4 assists in that time as compared to Jota's solitary goal.


    3) Bring both Raphinha and Trent in this week for a -4. Obviously it costs me 4 points and I'd have to bench Lingard or Nat Phillips if I do it (probably the former) but the positives are that Trent appears to have real potential to pay back the 4 points in any gameweek with change, but it also gives me a free transfer for GW38 that I could hopefully get some additional points with (DCL out might be a nice move)


    4) Bank the transfer, play Reguillon and move Jota and someone else on next week with a GW38 specific transfer with more information available to me, knowing I've quite a bit of depth available to me already this week


    Seriously hope I haven't made this post too long for me to get some actual responses!!!

    I have nearly all the same issues and thoughts. I just cant go Jota to greenwood for free. I really like the idea of 2 transfers for GW 38 and am currently leaning towards that. Trent is a major fear and headache though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*


    Greenwood is gonna rise tonight so I have to act quickly.

    Trying to decide which is a better option. Both are probably a 1 week transfer because of rotation.

    Kabak -> Stones & start him.
    Zaha -> Greenwood & start him.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,487 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    I have nearly all the same issues and thoughts. I just cant go Jota to greenwood for free. I really like the idea of 2 transfers for GW 38 and am currently leaning towards that. Trent is a major fear and headache though.

    I’m minorly leaning towards the hit for Trent, I wouldn’t call myself an upside chaser as such, but when there’s a 60-40 call in either direction, I’ve a tendency to pick the high risk high reward move.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha


    Jota is set to drop tonight and Greenwood going to rise too. Is 0.1m the only increment they can move in a single day or can it be 0.2 if there is enough transactions?


Advertisement