Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Media humanising of scumbags eg "father of two". No matter about who he stabbed or pucked the head off of.
    Latest one I caught on radio, teen scumbag was "a promising footballer".

Also "alleged attack", yeah like the guy quite possibly beat himself up.
    You can get away with nearly anything in Ireland if your solicitor tells the judge you either you came from a very good family or a very bad family :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭Be right back

You can get away with nearly anything in Ireland if your solicitor tells the judge you either you came from a very good family or a very bad family :rolleyes:

And if you have a letter from the local priest or GAA trainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Scumbags.

Media humanising of scumbags eg "father of two". No matter about who he stabbed or pucked the head off of.

I forgot to say that if the judge probed a bit deeper into some of these doting dads he would maybe find out that they had the kids with two different women, then ditched them before they were born, he has never seen the kids since or paid any maintenence or sent presents for xmas or birthdays.
    So in reality if dear old dad goes to prison it will not effect the kids one bit. Why use them as an excuse to keep him out of jail then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

'Father of 7, Joseph Fritzel...'

Ted Bundy also had a daughter. Having a child does not a good man make 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭boardlady

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Being forced out of the hot tub cause I need the bathroom. Could happily have stayed in for hours longer.

Could you have used your own discretion? :cool:

boardlady wrote: »
    Could you have used your own discretion? :cool:
    And then just continue sitting there in it?
    Plus they never said if it was number 1 or 2 required.
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My mother, who barely worked a day in her life, does what she calls "keeping the books" as if she's a f*cking accountant. But it's the furthest thing from "book keeping" - it's basically just a way to lash my dad over what he spends. She will sit there with her A4 hardback notebook, making him list out everything he used the bank card for, so she can write it down and then give him **** over it. His own money like...

They'd a fight about it this morning and I asked her why she was still doing it when they have their banking app, and she said "well I like to know what's in the account all the time" - um, that's what your banking app is for! And then she said, "well, yes but I like to know HOW the balance came to that" - transaction history anyone? I give up.

I don't know if I'm more TAd by her hen pecking him over money he broke himself in two earning while she sat at home doing sweet FA, or the fact that he allows himself to be treated in such a manner. It's no way to treat your partner. I can imagine if it was the other way around. It would be abuse of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,893 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That’s weird, but it’s prevalent in all sectors of life now...you managed to father or have a child...? ohhhh but look, awhhhh they are a parent... let’s give them leeway / preferential treatment... :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Strumms wrote: »
    That’s weird, but it’s prevalent in all sectors of life now...you managed to father or have a child...? ohhhh but look, awhhhh they are a parent... let’s give them leeway / preferential treatment... :eek::rolleyes:

Adolf Hitler: animal lover, environmentalist, healthy eating advocate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was looking forward to an expansion pack for one of my games which was released yesterday. For nearly £20 you basically got a load of unbalanced features and bugs and now the developers are getting it on forums while the people who had the developers wheel this thing out in an unfit state get off scot free.

Worst bit is that some people seem to think that death threats are a justified response.

Over the past few weeks the developers have issued three patches which have both fixed some issues and introduced fresh, new bugs. Joy.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I saw one of those pop up ads on the internet from the HSE #staythecourse and 'we can do this'. I mean I get the point positive reinforcement idea and all that. But it annoyed me.

I am not a child under 10 years of age and do not need to be told 'we can do this' 'stay the course'. I am well used to it at his stage thanks very much.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A bit like those Baby on board stickers..

“Oh look, they have a baby on board, I better crash in to someone else”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A bit like those Bay on board stickers..”

They don't make an ounce of sense to me. You will hear people saying that it is to let rescuers know just in case a child in flung out of the car but I call BS on that as a child is a more visible indicator. I think it is one of those things people do that has no reason.

TA people who refer to ounces rather than grams despite their being brought up with the metric system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Antares35 wrote: »
    My mother, who barely worked a day in her life, does what she calls "keeping the books" as if she's a f*cking accountant. But it's the furthest thing from "book keeping" - it's basically just a way to lash my dad over what he spends. She will sit there with her A4 hardback notebook, making him list out everything he used the bank card for, so she can write it down and then give him **** over it. His own money like...

They'd a fight about it this morning and I asked her why she was still doing it when they have their banking app, and she said "well I like to know what's in the account all the time" - um, that's what your banking app is for! And then she said, "well, yes but I like to know HOW the balance came to that" - transaction history anyone? I give up.

I don't know if I'm more TAd by her hen pecking him over money he broke himself in two earning while she sat at home doing sweet FA, or the fact that he allows himself to be treated in such a manner. It's no way to treat your partner. I can imagine if it was the other way around. It would be abuse of course.

My da fell out with my ma so he built a cottage beside the homeplace and moved into it. He goes back over for the odd argument and then goes back to the sanctuary.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A bit like those Baby on board stickers..

“Oh look, they have a baby on board, I better crash in to someone else”

Basically a ' look, we procreated ' sticker...

I sincerly doubt anybody on the planet was influenced into changing their driving habbits because the car in front was containg an infant and im sure the gobaloons who buy the stickers dont do so with the intention of making their journey safer..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Are you my sister? :D My mam does this too and it drives me loopy. She worked in a shop for about 6 months when she was 14 and now at almost 70 still bangs on about it as if she broke her back building the new world. She ROARED at my (recently retired, 72 year old) dad the other day for buying kitchen roll that was 25c more expensive than the usual one she likes to get and it's been pissing me off ever since. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

We have a guy in work that never fails to mention "as a father....." in every single fcuking call. Pisses me right off that:

a). he insinuates that us childless folk are therefore incompetent at our jobs for lack of offspring
    b). That you can be guaranteed that it's the missus that does all of the child rearing
    c). He not so subtly implies that only fathers should work in the finance field and looks down on the rest of us, and finally
    d). You could bet your backside if this carry on was done by a mother she would be told to shut it.

We have a guy in work that never fails to mention "as a father....." in every single fcuking call. Pisses me right off that:

a). he insinuates that us childless folk are therefore incompetent at our jobs for lack of offspring
    b). That you can be guaranteed that it's the missus that does all of the child rearing
    c). He not so subtly implies that only fathers should work in the finance field and looks down on the rest of us

The fact he managed to procreate is probably his singular achievment in life...

He sounds exactly like the jackass which i had to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two TA's:

1) that scary incident earlier this week where two children were rushed to hospital after eating jellies that contained cannabis in them. But the militant users of that particular product on social media who refuse to accept that it's a bad situation and instead maintain that it should be legalised. Maybe it should, I dunno. But a story of two children ending up in hospital after taking it isn't exactly an ideal time, or a ringing endorsement, to flout your beliefs. Damn stoners.

2) my brother-in-law is one of those annoying vegetarians/healthy eating disciples who lecture you about what you should be eating. Had everyone driven mad over Christmas when he was essentially monitoring our food intake. Now, his best friend has opened a takeaway and he has become an unofficial promoter of said joint. He is annoying us now telling us to go the chipper!

• Advertisement

voldejoie wrote: »
    Are you my sister? :D My mam does this too and it drives me loopy. She worked in a shop for about 6 months when she was 14 and now at almost 70 still bangs on about it as if she broke her back building the new world. She ROARED at my (recently retired, 72 year old) dad the other day for buying kitchen roll that was 25c more expensive than the usual one she likes to get and it's been pissing me off ever since. :mad:

Just maddening! My Dad worked in a physically demanding job all his life and the upshot was he ended up basically crippled and unable to work about five years before his pension kicked in. So, the proud man that he is, he got a taxi license and did that to tide them over. I remember one night things were very quiet in the city centre and he came home, having been out driving around looking for fares for hours, and handed her the fifty euro he'd made. She looked at him with disdain and said, "is that all you got?". I'll never forget the look on his face. I have never felt the same way about her since that night to be honest. I have zero respect for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    They don't make an ounce of sense to me. You will hear people saying that it is to let rescuers know just in case a child in flung out of the car but I call BS on that as a child is a more visible indicator. I think it is one of those things people do that has no reason.

TA people who refer to ounces rather than grams despite their being brought up with the metric system

I have one on the side window where the carseat is.

I put it there in the hope that if I don't get a parent parking spot the person parking beside me will notice and not park right on top of my car. Even out of their own car self preservation from accidental door dints. ......no such luck the amount of times I've had to reverse out until the door is clear is unreal. Made even more frustrating if car park is pretty empty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Adolf Hitler: animal lover, environmentalist, healthy eating advocate, artist.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I have one on the side window where the carseat is.

I put it there in the hope that if I don't get a parent parking spot the person parking beside me will notice and not park right on top of my car. Even out of their own car self preservation from accidental door dints. ......no such luck the amount of times I've had to reverse out until the door is clear is unreal. Made even more frustrating if car park is pretty empty.

I always avoid parking next to a car with a car seat as it needs a much wider space to open and I hate getting dents in my car. The sign is a welcome addition. I also have two car seats but usually only doing school runs.

Also I never park next to a two door car if I can as they also need a wider space.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Just maddening! My Dad worked in a physically demanding job all his life and the upshot was he ended up basically crippled and unable to work about five years before his pension kicked in. So, the proud man that he is, he got a taxi license and did that to tide them over. I remember one night things were very quiet in the city centre and he came home, having been out driving around looking for fares for hours, and handed her the fifty euro he'd made. She looked at him with disdain and said, "is that all you got?". I'll never forget the look on his face. I have never felt the same way about her since that night to be honest. I have zero respect for her.

Ahhh this is crazy, my dad was the exact same, working physically demanding jobs from no age and ending up with some really horrible injuries before getting taxi licence and doing that for almost 15 years. I wanted him to stop working years ago when I moved back home and started covering the (relatively small) mortgage and bills, but my mam wouldn't hear it... It was only really with covid that was able to wind down, when really it should have been at least 10 years ago.

Honestly my heart is broken picturing your dad's face after coming home and 'handing up the money' only to be admonished for it like that :( The thing is though you're so right, it says way more about her than it does him, it's so disappointing to see and not really be able to do anything about though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I love that we live in a progressive society, and I know that we're supposed to tolerant and supportive of everybody, but there's one group of people I just can't stand - people who ask for their food "well done". WTF is the matter with these people? All the effort that goes in at every step of the supply chain to ensure your food is the highest standard, and at the last stage they stick two fingers up to all those hardworking people and want it burned. They say no to flavour, no to juiciness, and no to most of the nutrients in the food (probably). They like steak with the consistency of old shoes, fish flakier than than the skin of an Irish person who's been to Santa Ponza, and chicken dryer than Stephen Fry's wit. There should be specific lines of crappy food produced for these people if it's just going to be ruined anyway. Or just throw some coal at them...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I love that we live in a progressive society, and I know that we're supposed to tolerant and supportive of everybody, but there's one group of people I just can't stand - people who ask for their food "well done". WTF is the matter with these people? All the effort that goes in at every step of the supply chain to ensure your food is the highest standard, and at the last stage they stick two fingers up to all those hardworking people and want it burned. They say no to flavour, no to juiciness, and no to most of the nutrients in the food (probably). They like steak with the consistency of old shoes, fish flakier than than the skin of an Irish person who's been to Santa Ponza, and chicken dryer than Stephen Fry's wit. There should be specific lines of crappy food produced for these people if it's just going to be ruined anyway. Or just throw some coal at them...

Somebody has to be served that freezer burned steak that has been sitting there for months and I'm just grateful it isn't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm pretty sure I've ranted about this before. We're supposed to finish at 3 on Fridays if we can. So of course a client was on first thing this morning requesting a meeting at 4pm.

People who schedule meetings on a Friday are obvious sociopaths anyway. But a Friday afternoon??? We've moved into the realms of psychopathy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

When you have a bad telephone line and you can hear an echo of everything you say

Is unnerving and difficult to get the call done

Also I am TA’d with my voice. Do I realy should like that :confused:

In my head my voice is way different to how I actually sound

• Advertisement

Who asks for chicken "well done"?

I've a friend who likes his steak rare, and every single time we go for a meal, he will ask for his steak rare and then turn and say to us all, "I like my steak bloody" and wait for a reaction. I generally opt for the passive aggressive, "no way, really? I didn't know that" - goes right over his head :D

Advertisement