Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Be right back

When somebody tells your their big long story about going to the shops, using hand sanitizer, staying safe, all masked up, etc

But are they an essential worker though?!

TA is going back to work tomorrow after my week off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Joel Dommet's voice. Farkin hill, I pity the sound guys working on those programs.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I normally don't work on a Tuesday.
    I got up this morning and I had a bit of a tummy upset from something I ate.
    I went to work. I wouldn't serve a customer because he was clearly underage and admitting it. He became very aggressive and threated to '' bate me''.
    Then I went to the barbers and he nicked me a few times because he was focusing on something else.
    Then I nearly got hit by a 4x4.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I spotted the title of a thread on the front page called "Sound Moderators" and I spent a good five minutes thinking about who I think the nicest moderators on Boards are. And then I noticed that it's not about internet moderators at all - it's on a forum where men with small willies gather to talk about firearms. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

seablue wrote: »
    People using the terms 'deskside' and 'couchside' instead of saying "I'm at my desk" or "I'm on the couch". I see it in another thread on After Hours. I'm sorry that it annoys me because they seem like a nice crowd in that thread, very friendly to each other.

:D

My TA is too much work for one person but little old
    me is left on her own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Something that has worn thin fast, and has become a massive TA.

When some journalist is on discussing a topic on radio, usually an entertainment segment, and they have the old "hilarious" chestnut:

"Cinemas. Remember them?"

"Pubs. Remember them?"

"Nightclubs. Remember them?"

"Foreign holidays. Remember them?"

Me:

tenor.gif

WE. GET. IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that I've finished my Aero Chocolate Caramel and that I could easily scoff another one. These are the 1 Euro large bars you get in Centra, fecking delicious.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Aldo I top my terrible day off I decided to try that blue Fanta. It's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Aldo I top my terrible day off I decided to try that blue Fanta. It's terrible.
    A blue drink? Barf!
    On the subject, don't ever try those Tayto bars :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Ta'd that " have" is regularly replaced with "of" for example as in "should have gone" becomes "should of gone".

It happens when the 'have' is abbreviated to 'av' eg. should've, could've, would've etc.

I see & hear it all the time. I must be getting old :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ta'd that " have" is regularly replaced with "of" for example as in "should have gone" becomes "should of gone".

It happens when the 'have' is abbreviated to 'av' eg. should've, could've, would've etc.

I see & hear it all the time. I must be getting old :D:D

Even more TA with people who don't seem to know the difference between of & off. It confuses me when reading, causing me to re-read sentences!

When people say used of it instead of used to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

is instead of are.
    I just had a conference call and it was all I could do not to correct her each time.

Also done instead of did drives me bananas.

I have an annoyance as I pronounce racist as rayshist when I am not thinking. I TA myself when I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Even more TA with people who don't seem to know the difference between of & off. It confuses me when reading, causing me to re-read sentences!

I think the worst has to be people mixing up "then" and "than". I was more TAd thEn the other fella etc. I'm convinced some do it on purpose too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

For me it's "have" instead of "has", as in "Johnny have diabetes."

Just no!

To thine own self be true

Well for me it's he's instead of his.

That's he's jacket.
    He's car is red.

What's that about eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

seablue wrote: »
    People using the terms 'deskside' and 'couchside' instead of saying "I'm at my desk" or "I'm on the couch". I see it in another thread on After Hours. I'm sorry that it annoys me because they seem like a nice crowd in that thread, very friendly to each other.

A little bit of history.......just in passing...

I believe that the originator of '****side' word contraction is a certain very pleasant SOCAL based Mod who frequently posted while beside a pool....thus Poolside :).
    The value of such brevity has spilled over into general use ( at least for some of us )

TA'ed that I feel bad about posting this here :o

A blue drink? Barf!
    On the subject, don't ever try those Tayto bars :eek::(

It sort of tasted like peaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well for me it's he's instead of his.

That's he's jacket.
    He's car is red.

What's that about eh?

There jacket for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Can I add 'To/Too' onto the list of grammatical TA's?
    And a pet peeve in my line of work - the singular of premises is premises. It is NOT premise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Putting off my walk because a big dark ugly cloud was heading this way. Now it has veered off to the east, I could have been out and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

Got text from BOI Bank of Ireland, well I thought it was..nearly got scammed for 4311 Euro..
    Got onto Bank of Ireland, they were very helpful..

BEWARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A friend who runs an alternative health practice was asked by a new client to show the invoice for their therapy needles. so the client could check the needles were "clean"

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

McDonalds changing their cups from paper to plastic.
    Crowing on their ads about how great they are for using paper straws.
    Changed the small straw to paper then changed the massive cup to plastic :mad:
    Great idea you twerps :rolleyes:

Not to mention that the plastic cups from McLitters and the filling stations are just thrown everywhere.
    I binned a couple that were dropped on the ground in front of a bench yesterday. The bin was an arms length from the bench.. I kid you not :eek::mad::(
    WTH is wrong with people?

"Anti-reflection" screens are now a selling point on new TV sets.

Emm, hold on, anti-reflection screens were the standard 10 years ago before they started selling the super-glossy-reflect-every-bit-of-stray-light tellies :rolleyes:

I swear, companies design bad features into things to be able to charge more for "better" features.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

oneweb wrote: »
    "Anti-reflection" screens are now a selling point on new TV sets.

Emm, hold on, anti-reflection screens were the standard 10 years ago before they started selling the super-glossy-reflect-every-bit-of-stray-light tellies :rolleyes:

I swear, companies design bad features into things to be able to charge more for "better" features.

"With a battery that lasts the whole day"

600 years ago, my old Nokia only had to charged every three months.

Archeron wrote: »
    "With a battery that lasts the whole day"

600 years ago, my old Nokia only had to charged every three months.

Oh another one for an electric car - "Charges when plugged in" :confused:

It is what it's.

McDonalds changing their cups from paper to plastic.
    Crowing on their ads about how great they are for using paper straws.
    Changed the small straw to paper then changed the massive cup to plastic :mad:
    Great idea you twerps :rolleyes:

You now get handed 3 paper straws per drink 'cos the staff know they'll turn to mush before ya finish.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Supervalu's slogan - real food, real people.
    So the people working in Dunnes and Aldi are androids are they? Holograms or ghosts maybe. :rolleyes:
    TA that they've been using it for years and haven't thought of anything better yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement