Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards in 1939

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

The British army would help out too. Not that they’d be needed of course.

If a war happened, the Royal Navy will clear the seas of German ships and no doubt. All the Kriegsmarine has is a pair of battle cruisers and few heavy cruisers but they DO have a stonking great big newly built battleship.
    That’s it. The couple of submarines the jerries have are coastal defence

Hms Courageous and Glorious to use their airplanes locate any ships and bring in the fleet
    War?
    What war?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sleepy wrote: »
    Is this Rural Electrification program a good idea? Seems very expensive to me

Yeah but you won't need to buy candles for the sacred heart picture. It's much safer too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Hitlers oul one blasted your ma's oul one with piss.

Your oul one is your ma and so is your oul fella.

Have a **** and blast it with sh1t as we used to say back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

The prototype of that device with the ridiculous name "Computer" will amount to nothing. We will keep on relying on the people in large rooms computing things manually for many decades to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

bigar wrote: »
    The prototype of that device with the ridiculous name "Computer" will amount to nothing. We will keep on relying on the people in large rooms computing things manually for many decades to come.

Or it could get smaller and easier to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Department of Education say their latest consignment of Bamboo canes are longer and more flexible than previous models and will be more effective for corporal punishment,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,013 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Department of Education say their latest consignment of Bamboo canes are longer and more flexible than previous models and will be more effective for corporal punishment,

Make sure you only use Knights of Colombanus certified canes. Some of those knock off ones barely break the skin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭wench

bigar wrote: »
    I don't know, the International Business Machines Corporation have done wonderful work on the German Census with their tabulating machines.

Anyone hear the song on 2RN by that fella Bing Crosby today, Christ it was an awful racket, how can young ones listen to such sh1te.

You've living in the past, 2RN is gone about 6 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭wench

Antifa rabble-rousers growing more bold across Europe

Anyone see the strange lights in the sky in January last year? They were seen all over Europe, and has something to do the the visions of Fatima 22 years ago

wench wrote: »
    Antifa rabble-rousers growing more bold across Europe

Especially in Germany and Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

wench wrote: »
    I don't know, the International Business Machines Corporation have done wonderful work on the German Census with their tabulating machines.
    Herman Hollerith is turning in his grave.

Not your ornery onager

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Make sure you only use Knights of Colombanus certified canes. Some of those knock off ones barely break the skin

Cat o nine tails is available on special order from them apparently, discount for larger schools

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

branie2 wrote: »
    Anyone see the strange lights in the sky in January last year? They were seen all over Europe, and has something to do the the visions of Fatima 22 years ago
    Just the German glider pilots practising their sport. Or night time airmail deliveries. Industrious people.

The CT people say it's Zeppelins scanning for magic radios that can see airplanes at night :rolleyes:

Cat o nine tails is available on special order from them apparently, discount for larger schools

Hurleys must be good as well

branie2 wrote: »
    Hurleys must be good as well

Stainless steel yardstick is the weapon of choice among the trades teachers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Got my shirts back from the Swastika laundry but they had all came back a shade of muddy brown! What can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,381 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

saabsaab wrote: »
    Got my shirts back from the Swastika laundry but they had all came back a shade of muddy brown! What can I do?

Roll with it.
    Start practising your salute.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

It was in the year of 39 when the sky was full of lead.

Hitler was heading for Poland and Paddy for Holyhead.

How are we coping with the blackouts?

How are we coping with the blackouts?

What blackouts? Paraffin lamp and battery radio

Those asbestos sheets are a great replacement for thatch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I hear the government's new housing plan aims to cut down average numbers to a room to 10 from 13 currently over the next 10 years.

Pretty ambitious. icon14.png

Will Britain support a United Ireland in return for the treaty ports now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,872 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How woke Champerlain is.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I hear the government's new housing plan aims to cut down average numbers to a room to 10 from 13 currently over the next 10 years.
    Pretty ambitious. icon14.png

They should stop child benefit after 6 kids.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    They should stop child benefit after 6 kids.

What in the name of all that's holy is Child Benefit?

• Advertisement

What in the name of all that's holy is Child Benefit?

Coming soon to a statute book near you.

Our policy is to be numerous and belligerent.

Advertisement