Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

antodeco wrote: »
    Cardiff? (As they're Welsh). I'm assuming Swansea but can't remember if they've ever played in the PL

Neither of those were founding members of the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

** Cough **

It can't be just Luton Town!

This question came up in a pub quiz a few years ago and when it was was queried we were assured that Notts County were not signatories of the original founding members agreement. I am unable to verify this.
    Perhaps someone could verify this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Neither of those were founding members of the Premier League.

There's 2 seperate questions at the minute. One was general English premier League and one was the founding members one. Think they've cross overed!

antodeco wrote: »
    There's 2 seperate questions at the minute. One was general English premier League and one was the founding members one. Think they've cross overed!

this is the question. they even responded to the user that posted the question. the quoted posts lead directly back to the original question.

Name the two English premier league clubs which have never played in the English premier league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Sting, I only know this because I had a neighbour who had some element of psychosis who legally changed her surname to Sumner as she believed they were married.

Wow :pac:

• Advertisement

The catch is the word dice , used as both singular or plural
    at first glance it appears as a single dice to most people.

Bingo. People hear 'dice', which is plural, and think singular. The singular word is "die", but plenty of people have never heard that.

Throwing the word "standard" in after "pair" also puts people off.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

this is the question. they even responded to the user that posted the question. the quoted posts lead directly back to the original question.

Your quoted question doesn't even say anything about "founding members"
    Name the two English premier league clubs which have never played in the English premier league

Clearly THIS question (which is the one I replied to) doesn't have anything about founding members in it. If there's ANOTHER question fine, but that's not the question I replied to. I replied to the question you quoted, and then said my reply isint for that question, yet you quoted the question that I replied to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

In music theory/notation what's the difference between Tr and tr.

vriesmays wrote: »
    In music theory/notation what's the difference between Tr and tr.

Wild guess here - one is for trombone section , and t'other for lead trombone :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,575 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

One is tremolo, the other trill maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

One is tremolo, the other trill maybe?

Is it treble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Bingo. People hear 'dice', which is plural, and think singular. The singular word is "die", but plenty of people have never heard that.
    I hadn't heard of the singular for dice before. Would it explain the expression, "The die is cast?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,575 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i assume that's more a reference to die casting, i.e. a type of metal casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

i assume that's more a reference to die casting, i.e. a type of metal casting.
    You're explanation makes more sense now I think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

No it's as in die or dice. Cast as in throwing. Said by caesar as he crossed the Rubicon river - an act which committed him irretrievably to civil war.
    'Crossing the Rubicon' is also an expression for committing yourself to something.

A 'ginnery' is a place used in the production of ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Gin?

A good 'wrong answer' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Cotton?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Cotton?

CorrectaMundo!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

CorrectaMundo!! :)

Thank you, Gordon Lightfoot!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No it's as in die or dice. Cast as in throwing. Said by caesar as he crossed the Rubicon river - an act which committed him irretrievably to civil war.
    'Crossing the Rubicon' is also an expression for committing yourself to something.
    Follow on questions

Where is the Rubicon ?

What is the Rubicon ?

Who crossed the Rubicon ?

Follow on questions

Where is the Rubicon ?

What is the Rubicon ?

the border between gaul and italy proper. it is a river. Caesar crossed the rubicon thus declaring war on rome as roman governors were forbidden from marching their troops into italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I see we still don't have a definitive answer for the difference between Tr and tr.

I know nothing about music, so I'm just going to say.....the capital T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭chooseusername

From the interesting maps thread;
    Quote;

if you're going from the Atlantic to the Pacific through the Panama canal, are you travelling east to west or west to East?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Follow on questions

Where is the Rubicon ?

What is the Rubicon ?

Its in northeastern Italy( once they worked out where it was again). It’s a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Quote;

if you're going from the Atlantic to the Pacific through the Panama canal, are you travelling east to west or west to East?

North to South!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Roger_007 wrote: »
    North to South!

It’s Northwest to Southeast, so West to East I guess…the exact opposite of what you’d expect basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

In what section of an orchestra would you find a saxophone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Quote;

Brilliant. :D

Advertisement