Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boardsie's own (or family/friends) cars for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭con747

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    My Ford focus for sale.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-ghia/28060502

any questions or tips to improve ad welcome:)

The make and model is listed as a Toyota Auris in the add, also I would get the bonnet fixed.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Buffman

My Ford focus for sale.

I'd suggest give it a clean. Back seats look to be full of dog hair, cobwebs at your tax disc, dust on the instrument panel, mats dirty.

A valet would be money well spent if you don't want to do it yourself.

The bonnet release is a common problem on them and shouldn't be too expensive to fix.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

My Ford focus for sale.

About €1,000 too expensive.

It's a 13 year old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

chops018 wrote: »
    About €1,000 too expensive.

It's a 13 year old car.

Yeah, I thought the price was very spicy alright. My missus got a 2012 in great condition for about €3,000 a few months ago.

And +1 to giving the inside a good clean. That ad looks a bit half-arsed tbh. If someone can't be bothered to hoover a car and clean the mats before taking photos for an ad, it raises doubts about where else they've been lazy with the car. And the car itself might be fine, but it's that first impression that lets it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It may be a early 2008 tax being €514 for a 1.6, then again low mileage and full service history, but yeah price on the high side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Hello!

Myself and my father carried out extensive work on this picasso, boardsie discount will apply if bought from here :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c4-grand-picasso-1-6-hdi-exclusive/27929890

Not a single call! Apart from the short NCT, I'm guessing the work outlined is putting people off? That and it could be categorised by donedeal wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Probably people filtering it out because it's french, over 200k km and short NCT.

I havent looked extensively but a friend of mine recently bought a 7 seater and got a 2010 Sharan for similar money from a dealer.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Probably people filtering it out because it's french, over 200k km and short NCT.

I havent looked extensively but a friend of mine recently bought a 7 seater and got a 2010 Sharan for similar money from a dealer.

I'd forgotten about the fun I had selling the Avensis. Every other timewasting moron that called whinged about the mileage... The very same type of moron that would reminisce about such a vehicle in years to come with high miles under it's belt reliably with the legendary ironblock D4D, would bullsh*t about knowing about cars to other barstool muppets, yet wouldn't touch a well proven solid example of an Avensis because they were all cowardly chicken sh*ts :confused:

And the very last call about it was a lad who knew what the car was and bought it later that evening! Heroes exist in many forms and he certainly was one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭con747

Not a single call! Apart from the short NCT, I'm guessing the work outlined is putting people off? That and it could be categorised by donedeal wrong...

The work and the fact it comes up as last sold in March 2020 people might be thinking it's just trouble if your selling it so soon.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    The work and the fact it comes up as last sold in March 2020 people might be thinking it's just trouble if your selling it so soon.

I'll redo the ad if I get to do the NCT again in June with this in mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

A clean and hoover too wont hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-toyota-corolla-new-nct/27871496

High mileage Corolla anyone?

The bodywork has some lumps and bumps but it's all original. I think there's some novelty in it at that mileage. Drives sweet, "flew the NCT". One owner, full history. Would get you out of a jam. Would take €850.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-toyota-corolla-new-nct/27871496

High mileage Corolla anyone?

The bodywork has some lumps and bumps but it's all original. I think there's some novelty in it at that mileage. Drives sweet, "flew the NCT". One owner, full history. Would get you out of a jam. Would take €850.

That's some mileage on that. Someone should take it to 500k.

Yeah, i'd say it's fit to do it in all fairness. You'd be inclined to do it if the bodywork was tidier but as it is i'd say it'll be a stopgap for someone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,068 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You write some descriptions on those car sale ads. My brother in law sent me a pic of one a while back, and he thought it was one of the greatest stories ever told.

Sold. Nice fella bought it, nobody from here was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ElitesTeam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Buffman

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sorry, but your price is the stuff of dreams for its age.

Sold. Not through donedeal either. Word of mouth

Gone to a very deserving home down the road from me and the new owner knows he's getting a very good example

It's refreshing to know there are still some people out there that can see past a few scuff marks, dust and mileage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sold. Not through donedeal either. Word of mouth

Gone to a very deserving home down the road from me and the new owner knows he's getting a very good example

It's refreshing to know there are still some people out there that can see past a few scuff marks, dust and mileage :)

Class.

What are you replacing it with?

Class.

What are you replacing it with?

I'm not too sure yet what will replace it, if anything for a while. It was my fathers car, we just got landed with it one day; neither of us drove it as a main vehicle. Both of us drive old enough crocks as daily drivers

He is thinking of getting some garage equipment though so may go towards that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Very honest and detailed advert. Love "the good" and "the bad" comparison list :) Hopefully you won't get messers this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianm1990

I will post a link during the week off this car but just putting details up on it here for now.

2004 yaris , 105k miles , nct till September, tax out , good tyres , discs and pads done for last nct , been between myself and the wife the last 7 years and has not given any trouble . Looking for 1150. Based in Dublin 13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

My 320d touring that I've been driving for the last 12 years. Great car but unfortunately doesn't have room for 3 child seats so I must move it on, reluctantly.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e46-320d-sport-touring/28302869

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

"Roof antenna plastic base cracked (by a bag of apples!)"

how did you manage that:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

high horse wrote: »
    My 320d touring that I've been driving for the last 12 years. Great car but unfortunately doesn't have room for 3 child seats so I must move it on, reluctantly.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e46-320d-sport-touring/28302869

I sold it within 24 hours of advertising. Happy with the quick sale but sad to see it drive away

Advertisement