Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Guys can someone tell me, if you've done a few TCO stints before does this count towards what scale you start on on a new TCO assignment , or is that only relevant for Perm jobs?

Yes but they make it very difficult to get it. Last time I asked I was told you have to get a letter from your previous manager/hr. I suggested that the pmds records prove my service, answer was no we need a letter. So the whole thing is a giant snafu!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes but they make it very difficult to get it. Last time I asked I was told you have to get a letter from your previous manager/hr. I suggested that the pmds records prove my service, answer was no we need a letter. So the whole thing is a giant snafu!

It's good practice to get a letter like this every time you leave a job, public or private sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

What department was this?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

HR departments are well used to this kind of request. Just fire off an email to the general HR email address and they should get back to you. That's what I did anyway when I got permanancy and had to gather up all my TCO service for increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

HR departments are well used to this kind of request. Just fire off an email to the general HR email address and they should get back to you. That's what I did anyway when I got permanancy and had to gather up all my TCO service for increments.

Nigel, could you tell me what email you sent the request to? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Nigel, could you tell me what email you sent the request to? Thanks!

That would be specific to your department(s). Most government department HRs would have a general email address for queries.

doc22 wrote: »
    What department was this?

At that time I was in social welfare and I had previous stints in revenue. In my experience Human Remains departments in general are amongst the least efficient sections to ever to exist.

At that time I was in social welfare and I had previous stints in revenue. In my experience Human Remains departments in general are amongst the least efficient sections to ever to exist.

:D:D:D typo I assume!

:D:D:D typo I assume!

A deliberate typo !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 little mrs

Incremental Credit/Progression
    If you had previous service in the Civil/Public Service in the same or analogous grade or one grade above at the time of application, you may be entitled to Incremental Credit / Progression. This only applies to CO/EO grades.
    Temporary service is only applicable from 14th July 2003 onwards.
    In order to apply you must supply HR with a letter from your previous Department on headed paper detailing the following:
     Name
     PPSN
     Grade you were previously employed as
     Dates you worked
     Any unpaid leave
     Any work-sharing

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 little mrs

Has any of you come across anyone who has worked as a TCO for 4 yrs and if so, was it easy to get a CID?

little mrs wrote: »
    Has any of you come across anyone who has worked as a TCO for 4 yrs and if so, was it easy to get a CID?

I have but it was a few years ago. The people that got it were in the civil service long before I was. Can't really remember the particulars. I think the CPSU were involved. I don't think it happens much these days. I imagine HR departments are conscious now to break service before 4 years are reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

little mrs wrote: »
    Incremental Credit/Progression
    If you had previous service in the Civil/Public Service in the same or analogous grade or one grade above at the time of application, you may be entitled to Incremental Credit / Progression. This only applies to CO/EO grades.
    Temporary service is only applicable from 14th July 2003 onwards.
    In order to apply you must supply HR with a letter from your previous Department on headed paper detailing the following:
     Name
     PPSN
     Grade you were previously employed as
     Dates you worked
     Any unpaid leave
     Any work-sharing

Hope this helps

Were did you get this from

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Does anyone know where the OOM is at for Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sweet Autumn

Emailed PAS a few days ago and they at 844 TCO Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Does anyone have any idea what number they are at for the OOM Panel for cork?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 27 QuestionTime18

Emailed PAS a few days ago and they at 844 TCO Dublin.

Do you mean they have interviewed 844 in Dublin? Or that they have placed 844 in jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sweet Autumn

Hi QuestionTime 18,

PAS said that they are calling candidates to stage 2 interview as vacancies arise and to date they have called to OOM 844 for County Dublin so maybe that means that 844 have been interviewed or will be interviewed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bob.thebuilder

Has someone heard anything from HSE for TCO role? My wife had sent expression of interest around 23/03/2021 & hadn’t heard anything back yet. She was placed 1153 on OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

Yes, you need 12 months of service to move to point 2. The service doesn't need to be unbroken though. If your previous service combined, for example, works out to be 14 months, you move up to the next point (12 months) on the scale and get 2 months knocked off reaching the following point. It's called incremental credit.

You wouldn't be issued a new contract if you got credit for previous service. They'd just bump your pay.

If a TCO comes in at grade 3, which seems to be the norm at what point does their increment kick in and is there an additional increment per year thereafter? And does your grade have any relation to your years of service?
    And if you previously did not claim an increment, can it be claimed retrospectively, once, you have left?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

Well any advice on the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Connacht15 wrote: »
    If a TCO comes in at grade 3, which seems to be the norm at what point does their increment kick in and is there an additional increment per year thereafter? And does your grade have any relation to your years of service?
    And if you previously did not claim an increment, can it be claimed retrospectively, once, you have left?

Thanks in advance!

12 months after so if you start on the 1/6/21 you technically should move to point 2 of scale one 1/6/22 and so on.

You don't claim it per say, you carry service record with you, for example if you did 3 months as a TCO in HSE and now you start in HSE again, you will be 3 months into the *year* so technically you should move to point 2 after 9 months,keep a record of your staff number and the payroll email addresses coz it's easier for chasing up copies of service I have found.

No grade's are separate, if you want to progress up the grade's it's via interview process

Well any advice on the above?

Grade 3 – Clerical officer/library assistant/branch librarian*
    24,602 – 26,218 – 26,618 – 27,425 – 28,604 – 29,786 – 30,968 – 31,826 – 32,799 – 33,926 – 34,726 – 35,845 – 36,969 – 39,086 – LSI 1 40,589

This is the clerical officer scale for HSE/County councils, the civil service scale is slightly different.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not really sure what you mean by Grade 3. The grades in the civil service are CO, EO, HEO, AP etc.

I'm not really sure what you mean by Grade 3. The grades in the civil service are CO, EO, HEO, AP etc.

In public sector it's slightly different Grade names than civil service, also goes by numbers as shown on the pay scale, clerical officer/grade 3, assistant staff officer/grade 4 , staff officer/Grade 5, senior staff officer/grade 6 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Just received word that I am no longer needed in the role I was called for 2 weeks ago. Anyone had experience with this? Hoping PAS will have me back on the panel very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bleepbloop7

Just received word that I am no longer needed in the role I was called for 2 weeks ago. Anyone had experience with this? Hoping PAS will have me back on the panel very quickly

Had they given you a set period of time for the position? (e.g. 8/10 weeks). Don't think I've ever heard of a TCO gig getting cancelled!

Had they given you a set period of time for the position? (e.g. 8/10 weeks). Don't think I've ever heard of a TCO gig getting cancelled!

They called 2 weeks back and gave the impression that it could take 8-12 weeks after vetting before I would start and it was going to be a 12 week contract.

Hopefully I get another position soon and its a bit longer than 12 weeks, that'd be a grand silver lining

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Id say your still on the panel. mail them just to be sure. What part of the country was this for?

• Advertisement

Yeah I got on to them as soon as I could, hopefully hear something before the weeks out.

Im in Cork, would be in around the mid 50s on OOM

Advertisement