Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Got an email on Friday saying I have a zoom interview next week, I can’t even remember my order of merit, but it was less than 50 in Meath.

Ironically, I was also interviewed for a full time role elsewhere last week and hope to hear back tomorrow...so if I get the job, I have to reject the temporary job interview. (Or if I don’t get the job, I have the temporary job interview to focus on straight away)

Again what was the point of the public jobs interviews. I got to skip that stage having previously been a tco, I say skip I sent in my proof and heard no more.

Stupid I knew there’d be a catch 22.

Got an email on Friday saying I have a zoom interview next week, I can’t even remember my order of merit, but it was less than 50 in Meath.

Ironically, I was also interviewed for a full time role elsewhere last week and hope to hear back tomorrow...so if I get the job, I have to reject the temporary job interview. (Or if I don’t get the job, I have the temporary job interview to focus on straight away)

I assume that's the Public Jobs interview (PAS), is it your first interview of the process?

I think some people are saying they need to interview again, on top of the PAS interview, if they are offered a job through another agency like HSE or County Councils

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I assume that's the Public Jobs interview (PAS), is it your first interview of the process?

I think some people are saying they need to interview again, on top of the PAS interview, if they are offered a job through another agency like HSE or County Councils

Yes, my first interview of the process.... completely new to this and learning about the pace of things ... All going well I get the first job and don't need to attend interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lizzy11

Hi.. I received an email to upload clearance documents and references. Thing is I've been a stay at home mam for 10 yrs and the most recent employer has closed up. I can get a ref from another employer but will a character ref be okay for the 2nd reference needed. Thanks

lizzy11 wrote: »
    Hi.. I received an email to upload clearance documents and references. Thing is I've been a stay at home mam for 10 yrs and the most recent employer has closed up. I can get a ref from another employer but will a character ref be okay for the 2nd reference needed. Thanks

I think so, you could give pas a ring or email to make sure though cause they can be somewhat militant about this, it’s really just a tick box exercise for them as you might well come to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

lizzy11 wrote: »

Hi Lizzy, I have only had one employment in the last 3 years and after I was asked to upload documents, I went for older references and was told the reference had to be in the last 3 years so I had to get a character reference. They were happy enough with that and my most recent employer reference. They were very good at emailing me back about it when I had queries. I've been garda vetted and everything since. Hope you get sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

Hi , does anyone know up to what number has been called for Wexford? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Looks like I have messed up.... I didn't read the part of the email which said I needed to upload documents, got a notification yesterday saying because I didn't upload documents, no interview..... Lesson learned, read any correspondence properly and multiple times.... Original message was sent after close of business Friday and yesterday's message was also after close of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Does anyone know what stage they are at for the OOM for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Hey guys , got a message for an interview next week in Galway . But they didn't ask for reference like they did with some others on here ? Has anyone else had the same issue ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Hey guys , got a message for an interview next week in Galway . But they didn't ask for reference like they did with some others on here ? Has anyone else had the same issue ? Thanks

If this is the first interview in the process then references will be requested after

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

If this is the first interview in the process then references will be requested after

That's great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Looks like I have messed up.... I didn't read the part of the email which said I needed to upload documents, got a notification yesterday saying because I didn't upload documents, no interview..... Lesson learned, read any correspondence properly and multiple times.... Original message was sent after close of business Friday and yesterday's message was also after close of business.

Maye phone or email them and tell them the issue. They are usually fairly good. I remember last year I didn't send them some documents and i got back to them about it they were ok about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jo.Gil

Anyone hear from Wicklow yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Hi All,
    Does your OOM count only for the county you are in or is it for the whole country.
    thanks

Hi All,
    Does your OOM count only for the county you are in or is it for the whole country.
    thanks

County

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lola.

Jo.Gil wrote: »
    Anyone hear from Wicklow yet?

Have submitted references etc. for temp HSE (vacine centre) had to be done by last Wednesday. No further communication from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jo.Gil

Lola. wrote: »
    Have submitted references etc. for temp HSE (vacine centre) had to be done by last Wednesday. No further communication from them.

Same waiting patiently 🀞what OOM were you? I was 32 I think.

I was offered a 6 month contract in a vaccination in Meath on 9th April (OOM 12 in Meath). I went through all the online training, sent in proof of last TCO contract, salary etc, did MedMark Health check and to this day I have heard nothing.
    What worries me is that the vaccination programme is up and running now and fully staffed! As far as I know they are not going to keep opening NEW centres. So why would they need more staff? Also if we need to be vaccinated before working in a vaccination centre that's an extra delay of at least 3 weeks.

I am concerned as by accepting and signing this contract (which I have) I have taken myself off the PAS TCO list for 2021 should any other vacancies come up...... my OOM of merit was 12 I was positive enough about getting a placement with DSP, Revenue, Dept of Transport (all in Meath) when restrictions ease which they are going to very soon. I don't want to fall in between 2 stools, no work in vaccination centre, but no longer on PAS list either!

I'm going to ring my contact in the HSE recruitment this morning and see what's happening...........if any news I'll post back. The whole vaccination programme seems to be unplanned and keeps changing, that's why I would not be 100% positive of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Got offered position in council and have to go through all the references processes again plus a medical which will cost 60 euro that I have to pay myself for, will received it back IF position goes ahead pending references and medical (their wording) What's the point of PAS having all the details if it's not used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

Had an interview for a HSE CO post the other day, separate from this panel. They were obviously interviewing dozens of people. Asked about demand and timeline etc. They told me loads of depts urgently need people, but regardless it would be 10 days before I heard, then a panel for 6-8 weeks, so don't believe any of this urgency bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

In a way I think we spent years laughing at the Bertie/Healy-Rae type clowning and gombeenism, and "ah shure it'll be grand", but now that I am at the sharp end it doesn't feel so great.

Had an interview for a HSE CO post the other day, separate from this panel. They were obviously interviewing dozens of people. Asked about demand and timeline etc. They told me loads of depts urgently need people, but regardless it would be 10 days before I heard, then a panel for 6-8 weeks, so don't believe any of this urgency bollocks.

It takes two weeks for the a new person who take up a position for the state to be allocated a DIGITAL reference code to set up their wages, it takes google five minutes to email you a similar code. Urgency is not a word the state understands.

***Update (see post #620)

.........so I contacted my HSE contact, who I initially got the phone call from about Vaccination Centre work. She said she is only recruited in herself on a temporary contract through CPL. She has no idea how the system works apart from recruiting for the county I am in. She said the Lead Clinicians in the vaccination centres (Helix, Aviva etc) are all doing their own thing, there is no coordinated approach to staffing or planning for the coming months. So while she hopes I may get a posting in the next week or so, there is no real guarantee. I also don't know if I will l need a vaccine myself first. Neither does she.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lola.

Not holding out much hope so, I'm mid 40's. From what I can make out the Greystones centre is now operational so I assume fully staffed and the Arklow one due to open early May so again assuming staff have been allocated to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Guys can someone tell me, if you've done a few TCO stints before does this count towards what scale you start on on a new TCO assignment , or is that only relevant for Perm jobs?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Guys can someone tell me, if you've done a few TCO stints before does this count towards what scale you start on on a new TCO assignment , or is that only relevant for Perm jobs?

Counts for TCO as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Counts for TCO as well.

Thanks Nigel, do I need to have a full 12 months completed to start a new contract on the 2nd scale?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thanks Nigel, do I need to have a full 12 months completed to start a new contract on the 2nd scale?

Yes, you need 12 months of service to move to point 2. The service doesn't need to be unbroken though. If your previous service combined, for example, works out to be 14 months, you move up to the next point (12 months) on the scale and get 2 months knocked off reaching the following point. It's called incremental credit.

You wouldn't be issued a new contract if you got credit for previous service. They'd just bump your pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Just get a copy of your service history from the payroll section if you've worked in different places, all adds up!

Advertisement